Reviews for Blue Moon Rising
CornishGirl chapter 4 . 10/21/2014
Superb story. Very sad and bittersweet, so poignant. Brilliant epilogue. Bravo!
Rebegirl chapter 4 . 7/24/2014
Wow, another great story! I did not see the twist at the end coming. I was completely captivated by the story and actually gasped.
Random Ruth chapter 4 . 7/3/2014
Ow my feels! That last section in bold, to bookend the whole thing, was heartbreaking but perfect! I had my suspicions about Duck and I'm sad that I was right. But my heart is breaking all over again for these boys.
SuperVikinggirl chapter 4 . 12/4/2013
Wow! Powerful story, thanks so much for writing it!
Guest chapter 4 . 9/28/2013
Great job.
White Wyrsa chapter 4 . 8/9/2013
Oh, I loved this.
It has such a right mood. All the details fit. Like every Supernatyral story, allways bittersweet. allways more bitter, but sweet parts are so worth it.
Duck's story so predictable and still so true and worth of telling.
Thank you, your fanfic is iindeed wellwritten, and man I'm still starstruck and thrilled. It was great pleasure.
Rosetta Brunestud chapter 4 . 9/8/2011
That's so beautiful! *_*

I really really love this story. I don't know what to say... It's awesome! Thanks a lot for sharing!

Kisses and congratulations D

Rosetta
Bartlebead chapter 1 . 1/21/2011
Good premise, and I like the werewolf lore.
Emmers224 chapter 4 . 12/21/2010
Oh my goodness. That ending left me breathless. Another amazing story! Gotta tell ya, I'm stunned. Just the beginning 'There are some things Dean Winchester knows deep in his bones'... Made me know I was getting into a good thing! Haha. You have quite a way of drawing the reader in, holding them tight, and not letting go even when the story has already ended. I love it! You don't find that too often in a writer. Consider yourself lucky and talented! ;)

Who would of thought that the hunt Dean planned for the two of them would be the one that cemented Sam's certainty that he didn't want this life rather than doing the opposite like Dean had hoped. Quite genius, if I do say so myself. :D

I always do appreciate a good werewolf story and this is a good one. From the hunt in the woods to Sam getting bit, every word kept me in the edge of my seat! And Dean just continues to amaze me. He really is an awesome big brother and would of made an amazing dad. You capture him brilliantly and beautifully, every flaw and quirk.

So I'm sure I could ramble on and on about how much I adore your work but I think you already know that haha! Anyway, keep up the fantastic writing! I do love to indulge. Hehe ;D
SunnyZim chapter 4 . 7/3/2010
This was an excellently written and thought-out story. I loved the symmetry between the beginning and the ending and I loved the metaphor of the two stars that you used at the end. I suspected form the word go that Duck was a werewolf and was calling John to ask him to kill him but even then you kept me wondering if I was right in my suspicions till the end! I loved seeing Dean's interaction with the little boy and I loved seeing Sam's bravery and Dean's smarts in this story;-) It was also a very clever way of showing what was the final straw that broke the proverbial camel's back, as regards Sam deciding to leave the hunting life behind. Of course, in canon I think it was more a case of Sam always wanting to be normal and never wanting to be a hunter, but this also worked very well as a means of showing what might have finally clinched the matter for Sam. Lovely job with this one:-D And now I have finished all your stories:-( You need to publish something else soon so I can have some more reading material! In the meantime, I don't suppose you would have any recommendations of good stories that I could read?;)
borgmama1of5 chapter 4 . 11/27/2009
This was amazingly intense!

I loved your characterization of Dean, his understanding of Sam. Your backstory passages were crisp and realistic, drawing John into the story even though he was a physical part of it. Dean reciting "The Wild Things" story and the bit about Duck's nickname were pitch perfect.

Really enjoyed this!
badaiwind chapter 4 . 8/30/2009
Well planned, executed and written. :D
amyblair chapter 4 . 7/15/2009
Okay, who couldn't grin a little at Dean reading 'Where the Wild Things Are' to little Timmy or Johnny or pseudo-Little Sam?

I like how you plant these stories inside the story - like why Duck would do anything for John. That story over in Nam was horrible. Worse than any werewolf, really. I'm still a bit skeptic of old Doc, too, by the way.

Ooh... I love the way Sam went from semi-conscious to alert and still in two heartbeats. Your build up of what is to come is so on!

OMG - again, this MOVES. I loved that as the attack occurs and everything is rushing by in blurs of panic, the microwave dings. Great detail.

Of course it was Duck, but a kind man, isn't he? Concerned for Sam being his first kill, asking - pleading - with Dean to be there for him, to not let it destroy Sam.

I thought the end with the boys standing in front of another pyre was such a nice nod to when they will stand in front of John's one day.

Great story! I enjoyed it thoroughly! Thank-you for this!
amyblair chapter 3 . 7/15/2009
I love that Dean learned R-I-C-E before his ABC's.

My heart melted a little when Sam said he couldn't help but think, 'What if it were Dad?' Aw, man.

The entire bit between Dean and Sam and trying to figure out how to "cure" Sam was great. Get the bad blood out - heh - and get Sam back before he turned. It was all great, angsty, and just awesome. You so had me at "Shit, Sammy."

Really liked the story that Duck tells about Sam and soccer and the hunt that Dean was hurt in. Very Winchester.
amyblair chapter 2 . 7/15/2009
HOW - HOW, may I ask, can you EVER outgrow the taste for 'Lucky Charms'? I can only shake my head...

I like that they are on a hunt for a werewolf and yet Dean flashes Sam a 'wolfish grin' at the thought of the 'Seven Sisters' constellation being hot.

Bats kinda creep me out.

I wonder where Duck is. Is he helping or hindering?

I thought it was funny that Sam tells the kid to "Stay" like he's a puppy, but then Dean actually names him Timmy when the kid won't speak. - I did love the story, though, with the animals and how Sam said doc went "Quack-Quack." And that's how he ended up being called Duck. Good move.

I thought the entire sequence of the werewolf dragging this poor kid into the stream, Dean shooting at it, Sam entering the fight, the wolf attacking, Dean's foot getting caught in a trap of all things - it all played out so crisp. Easy to picture. The entire motion MOVED. Nicely, nicely played.

Love that Dean realizes that this is Sam's blood.