Reviews for The Five Stages of Grief
crazydbzfan87 chapter 5 . 10/29/2010
Oh god...this, is truly a great fic. So now, Don will stop obsessing on April's death and pay more attention to the 5 year old daughter of her's? Duuuudde, I'm sniffling. It's so sweet and way to go Renet for figuring out a way to fix this!

Wow, this was an awesome read! I loved how you didn't put it in Don's point of view, I mean, angst is great but to see how someone else's angst is effecting everyone around him, that's just so much better. I think I liked Casey's and the first chapter Renet's point of view best. You really were able to capture everyone's voice though, I was extremely pleased and happy to read this. It took a bit of imagining on my part to hear Don sounding so dark and...well, out of control, his normally calm demenor gone, but when I did, it exploded in my head and...well, I was wondering, would you allow me to draw a few scenes from the story? I had such a creative explosion. I can understand it you say no, that's why I'm askin. Still, awesome fic, I loved it! :D
Chrissy chapter 5 . 6/12/2008
Ah! I love how you end with the Timestress. A maturer version of her, but still definitely her.

Well done, I loved it. Best fanfic I've read in a very long time. :D
Chrissy chapter 3 . 6/12/2008
Gushing aside, this rings so true as Baxter Stockman's voice. I find him a fascinating character, far more complex than the typical one-dimensional arch-villain. For that reason, he is (I assume) tricky to write but I think you do well. I almost want him a bit more blustering here, maybe...

Don is unbelievably sexy in this segment. Rock on!
Chrissy chapter 2 . 6/12/2008
I love this segmented story, your use of point of view. Your characterization is tops! And I am new to this fandom (well, after about a 15-year hiatus), but I think your work is awesome. Truly.

My only beef? Don would never say "anyways." Casey, yes-Don, no. He's too articulate.

Fabulous, though now I've gotta read them all and clearly will get no work done until I do.
MadEthelRackham chapter 5 . 6/1/2008
This was absolutley brilliant. I loved the journey through the five stages and how you handled each characters perception of the event. This was truly a treat to read, thank you.
Geminia chapter 5 . 4/20/2008
I am so confused...does this mean he can save April? And was that April's daughter?

Gemini
Nekotsuki chapter 4 . 4/6/2008
So I just noticed you only had one review for this chapter, and thought I'd rectify that ... I read this when you first updated and felt so bad for Don - and Leatherhead by extension, forced to watch his friend slide further and finally taking that last action to ensure Don slept. Depression is the stage, and it shines through in everything you've written here. :D

I think, though, that apart from LH's worried observations, my favourite part is Mikey's admission that Don is scaring him - that quiet, serious statement is so wonderful coming from Mikey; it's definitely in-character for him but it's so rare to see an author actually play on that. :D
PurpleLilyBlossom chapter 4 . 4/6/2008
Seriously, YOU NEED TO HURRY AND UPDATE THIS STORY!

LOL!
MengPoNiang chapter 3 . 3/12/2008
I love this line:

"Perhaps it isn’t only the good that die young, but absolutely it’s true that only the good stay dead."

That's absolutely fantastic. I really enjoy reading your TMNT work. Thank you for posting.
storm chapter 3 . 3/12/2008
Im glad you updated this atory again. And the way this is going...I think I will like much more.

Please, update soon.

I love all your stories with April/DON.
Nekotsuki chapter 3 . 3/12/2008
"Pah. It wouldn’t be the first time I’ve died, and almost certainly it wouldn’t be the last. Perhaps it isn’t only the good that die young, but absolutely it’s true that only the good stay dead."

And that has to be the most wonderful line I've ever heard from Baxter Stockman in any fic. :D

I love how you're portraying Don in this. So changed by his grief and yet ...still the same. And so glad to see you've updated this again.
sunbune chapter 2 . 8/18/2007
oh, you changed the title? I thought the old title was good. Myth about a dude cursed to forever push a boulder up a mountain, right? Pretty appropriate...

But this new title sounds good too, for something that promises to make me cry my way through half a box of tissues per chapter.

ultimately I don't care what you call it, April's dead and I guess this is the story of what happens to Donny in the aftermath- and I am so glad it's not a one-shot after all, at least now there's some hope for a happier ending! um...maybe?

So who is Casey's kid? Is this somebody we already know, or a whole new character? How old is he/she at this point? Can't wait to find out.

Also, you've made Casey extremely tolerable in this chapter. Which is nearly impossible to do in my opinion. Usually I'm like "Casey! Hiss! Die! Back foul beast!" but in this chapter, shoot. I almost like him. Anybody who lets Donny have a cry in his arms has got to be at least a halfway decent guy, right? Sigh... I suppose Casey isn't so bad. He just never should've gotten involved with April.

But anyway, good chapter. Liked how you showed Casey using his instincts. Liked Casey's tone of voice. Liked Don's very realistic attitude towards Casey, and their whole ill-fated quest for revenge. Actually kind of glad that Casey made it out alive. Donny may not be responsible for April's death, but I feel like it is a VERY good thing that he managed to save Casey in this incident. I'm optimistic about the two of them supporting each other in their grief... but still, the whole thing is just so sad...
Largely Inconsequential chapter 1 . 7/13/2007
Awesome.
sunbune chapter 1 . 7/1/2007
how horrible! For Donny, I mean- the fic is brilliant, but I can hardly bear the thought of such a burden, such a tragedy, befalling Donatello. What is the matter with you? What has poor Donny ever done to you? don't you think that he and April deserve a happy future together? Or at least, a bittersweet and beautiful friendship that lasts their entire and very long lives?

I'm putting my foot down. Donny needs to sack up and kill Renet, she is Obviously the problem here!

Sigh. I know, I know. I'm missing the point. He won't kill Renet, he'll just keep searching forever, futilely, for another way to thwart "fate". I just get so upset when I read sad stories like this!
storm chapter 1 . 7/1/2007
Really great!

I cant wait to read more "Love the enemy"