Reviews for The Golden Son, Light
Wonderfully done :)
AreYouReady chapter 1 . 5/29
This is the most perfect thing.
xLonelyDreamerx chapter 1 . 3/25
That was so bittersweet! Thanks for writing such a Masterpiece
akemism chapter 1 . 9/18/2014
this is really nice and heart-warming in a weird way. the interpretation that light endured clinical depression prior to assuming the role of kira is so so special to me and thank you for during it justice!
DracyGiuliana chapter 1 . 7/31/2014
That was really something else! I loved to see how much thought you put into this and I agree with you. This really adds something to the character of Light. Thank you for sharing it!
Dream-to-reality123 chapter 1 . 6/26/2014
I bawled like a baby at this. I'm just a sucker for fics that lead up to the events in canon.
That, and I haven't really read a fic like this, where it's in the point of view of Sachiko.
And of course, I'm always a sucker for well-written fics!
Guest chapter 1 . 12/27/2013
ive been crying from a few paragraphs in.. having suffered greatly from depression it completely fucking shatters my heart to see my favorite character written as depressed. i agree that it is very likely he suffered from some form of depression but it still hurts :(
Merlin's Starry Underpants chapter 1 . 12/14/2013
This is amazing!
Sentio Infermum chapter 1 . 5/21/2013
That was really lovely. I've always wondered what goes on in Sachiko's mind, particularly during this part of the story, when she would be the only consistent adult witness to Light's behavior. It would be interesting to see this continued, also; I'd love to know her thoughts after Light begins to lose himself, when she's the only one who hears him going nuts with manic laughter in his room while he kills people, when he's suddenly missing for ages on end (imprisoned by L and the taskforce), and of course when she finds out that he's a killer and that he's dead. Then again, I'm now tempted to write those things myself. ;) Either way, fantastic work! It was really a moving story. And that moment at the end, when she believes he's okay again, is absolutely chilling, considering the real circumstances. Thank you for writing this!
Hitokiri-san chapter 1 . 11/23/2012
The irony in the last bit of the story is quite sad indeed - sure, Light found himself a purpose in the Death Note and became "happier", but had Sachiko known what it was that made her son happy, she woudnt have been this relieved.

I have never quite considered that Light was depressed -sure, he did seem bored and discontent with the world, but I don't know if it goes as far as depression. There is a big possibility of that, too, now that you put it this way.

Thanks for the enjoyable piece anyway,
StrawberryDuckFeathers chapter 1 . 11/9/2012
I do admire how well you have done your research. I'm glad you've done so much research into depression for this fanfic. :) I really enjoyed reading the different facts in the Author Note. :D

I love the pacing of this story; it isn't too fast, nor too slow, and reveals Light's depression very gradually. It's really sad, but it's a brilliant fanfic! :D I quite like the message this fanfic seems to give across,too- that even the people who seem like they have it all, might feel like they have nothing at all. :( I love the descriptions and the prose flows wonderfully! :D I love the 'all she saw was the golden sunlight' part that relates to Light and the title of the fic, and also to the reason why Sachiko named him Light in the first place. It is as if she had finally gotten her son back. :) This is very in-depth and interesting to read. I shall favourite this :D Well done!
PSdeAL chapter 1 . 10/22/2012
It was very interesting and enjoyable, and I think you did a great job with it. It's a very well structured, clean and clear piece. Thank you for sharing this.
Dantalions chapter 1 . 10/16/2012
I really enjoyed reading this version of Light; I think it works very well.
Ichiume chapter 1 . 9/10/2012
I totally agree with your theory. Light must have felt really alone. I didn't watch the anime, but I read the manga. In it, he thought the rest of the world beneath him, but I wonder if he didn't wish for someone to understand him for the short time before the Death Note consumed him.
i88 chapter 1 . 8/8/2012
I got a recommendation from TV Tropes to check this out and I'm glad you did this was so interesting and wonderful and I've read it multiple times but I think it's time I favorited it. You're incredibly talented and and have a great grasp of the series. This reminds me of why Death Note is my favorite manga/anime: it's open to endless interpretation. Well Done.