Reviews for There's a Room Where the Light Won't Find You
Emerald Zen chapter 1 . 4/12/2013
Another amazing piece! I think I'm going to love all of your stories and I have no clue why I haven't seem to have read them before...Your Jo and Laurie are so perfectly in character, and the dialogue could have been lifted from Alcott herself (though sadly she would never have explored this kind of situation with her wanting to make all the marriages seemingly picture perfect to satisfy her fans and publishers)...And their dialogue is simply heartbreaking...And oh poor Amy, I feel terrible for her...
Autumn Dusk chapter 1 . 6/16/2011
Well done. I truly enjoyed this. Laurie and Jo are so in-character it's lovely.
linnfromia chapter 1 . 11/10/2010
I think you do a nice job capturing jealousy and a sense of knowledge that you're hiding from (as Amy's hiding in her room) and despair (Laurie's, Amy's). On the one hand, I wish it would go on (although I don't know if Amy is the character who would confront anything), but also ending here, in this eerie place of knowledge confronted but not dealt with, this is a good place. Not a happy place. But a slightly creepy and realistic and sad place.
Queen of Tortall chapter 1 . 7/3/2009
aw, it seems that amy always has to have an unhappy ending. its sad. but your writing is so amazing that i loved this anyways. great job!
Cindylock chapter 1 . 6/2/2009
I love angsty one-shots when it comes to dealing with JoLaurieAmy. I feel like angst is the only way to go because there is no happy ending once Jo rejects Laurie and he decided to marry Amy. The story is beautiful and I love the way you capture Jo and Laurie's way of talking. It made it seem like something that could have been canon. Kudos!

Anyways I am off to reading more of your stories!
cindylock chapter 1 . 6/2/2009
I loved it! Looking forward to more
Mariagoner chapter 1 . 2/26/2009
Of! Poor Amy. Poor all of them. Her fate isn't one I envy- and yet, Jo and Laurie, even as they cause her pain, are hopelessly trapped themselves. ::sigh::

This is a beautifully written and imagined piece. I just wish it didn't break my heart so easily!
XfallenstarO chapter 1 . 4/19/2008 sad.
Emerald chapter 1 . 1/8/2008
Aw...did I say how much I love Laurie? Probably in another review...I do feel for Amy...Pls keep writing...
love park chapter 1 . 11/12/2007
I saw the title of this story and had to read. Love Tears For Fears, and love this story. Beautifully written, well done!
Mandylion chapter 1 . 7/30/2007
Sweet and very sad...bittersweet, if you will. I loved it. :)

By the way, do you remember me, Quirky Del-san? LoL. Hope to read more from you in the near future. :)
Jabba1 chapter 1 . 7/3/2007
I loved how both women were able to read what Laurie was saying without so manywords.

Very well done.
Seyi chapter 1 . 7/3/2007
Very sweet, very tender...very sad. Thanks for writing it.
literaryfreak chapter 1 . 7/2/2007
Nice...I love the idea that this wonderful room turns out to be harmful, as the way through which Amy discovers the truth. I feel bad for her. I'm gaining sympathy for her - because she can never completely let go of her suspicions that Laurie still loves Jo.

You may be the best at writing dialogue. You're able to duplicate that kinda bouncy, jolly way they talk. I love reading it.
rese chapter 1 . 6/30/2007
Aww man that was SO good. i loved it, all of it and it was incredibly 'hooking' oh dude can't help but think this is definitely one of your bests. so so so good.

oh poor laurie and jo! i like how they don't do anything but word out their feelings i think that's a really true touch to the story and amy overhearing is just the best.

score for you.