Reviews for This Stony Pass
RhodaBush chapter 3 . 9/17/2014
I cry every time i re read your Tonks/Snape stories... I actually like this pairing, between the R/T relationship and wish for more S/T stories... I my world T/S would have both survived the war with or without Remus
yay chapter 3 . 7/27/2012
This chapter was nice. It's great that they're friends again.
teamPinako chapter 6 . 3/12/2012
What a truly masterful take on their story.

I loved - and cried through - every bit of this.

Your decision to include Snape was refreshing and heartbreaking - one more thing to pity him for.

And the passion and chemistry between these two characters was overwhelming.

Well done!

I hope to
unique.normality chapter 6 . 5/28/2011
This is huge and I'm surprised I mad it this far xP

This is a really good story even though the whole Tonks/Snape storyline was a bit weird. I would've loved to see the girl werewolves' reaction a bit more to Remus definitely not being gay XP
The HongKonger chapter 6 . 10/22/2009
YAY. I loved this fanfic
sapphiretwin369 chapter 6 . 7/4/2009
Once again, absolutely amazing story! I love the relationship that Severus and Tonks have so much and I find it so sad that she feels he betrayed her. I also love how you worked in the scenes from the 6th book and made the dialogue fit with the plot you created perfectly.
rigal chapter 6 . 4/17/2009
Great I loved it ;)
Jobey in Error chapter 1 . 9/14/2008
I love this fic. I confess with shame that I've reread it six times without ever reviewing; I can be really bad like that. This was written before DH, no? How did you manage to make it *so bloody canon-compliant*? Argh! It's wonderful. Snape and Lily (Tonks: I love Christmas colors!... What? What is it?), two references to children (both in this chapter and later: "I'm not a father. I don't deserve to be a father." Yes, I have some of your dialogue memorized.)

Snape noticeably makes the fic in a spectacular way. You use him and his social awkwardness wonderfully: "Now tell me your problems, so I can fix them." I love it! And he breaks my heart, esp. at the end, when he asks Tonks to run away from Britain with him.

But - even though, with Snape going around being awesome, you totally didn't need to - you also have what I think is possibly the most realistic R/T development I've ever seen in a fic. Every line of dialogue you've put into the mouth of our romantic leads just rings true. With Lupin this is impressive enough, but getting a proper Tonks voice is not at all easy. I think you nailed it. I especially like when she leaves Snape's office saying, "Oh. Okay..." That was the first time (hopefully it won't prove the last time) in fanon where I said, "Yes. That's her. I can finally hear Tonks's voice."

There's tons more good I can say, and maybe I'll come back later and do so. It wouldn't be fair to pretend I loved the whole fic. The bits with drifting and Mrs Lupin annoyed me, canonically unconvincing spots in a fic that otherwise seemed so dead-on. I'm sorry to say it, because I know it ties in with your other fics and that you must be quite fond of your OC. But honestly I thought it hampered this particular fic.

Oh, but the Greyback mission! I have to mention that, too. I also loved how convincing it sounded. The child molestation I would have thought over-the-top, canonically, if I'd read it before DH, but the way Greyback acted in that one vindicated you completely in my mind. It's funny, almost all the fics on this topic that I've read assume that Lupin's mission didn't go so hot, and that's what I had taken away from HBP as well, but your version is far more optimistic about his progress and it's also very convincing. Even more so when I consider that, though a lot of nasty things were happening all over in DH, werewolf attacks were not among them. Hmm...

Anyway! Thanks so much for such an amazing read. I hope this review isn't too annoying - I owe you for all the enjoyment I've gotten out of this.

Red Snowsled chapter 6 . 8/18/2007
fireblazie chapter 6 . 8/18/2007
Oh, what a lovely read. :D I'm about to reread HBP, and this just makes me want to do that even more! But really, I do love your take on Snape. You write him very well.
StoryGirl02 chapter 6 . 7/30/2007
Ah... Remus, you are worthy. Worthy of Tonks. Who watchedd BB Australia laast night. 'Leisha won. Whoot! ;) I hope she and Billy will stay together.
intothewhite chapter 5 . 7/19/2007
Oh, Remus, with your "I am not worthy!" mentality... haha

Seriously, though... Goodness! It's killing me!

Update soon!
brick-red-wall chapter 6 . 7/19/2007
Yay. I loved it. You really did a great job tying everything with Severus and Draco together. And of course, with Remus. I really loved all three stories!
ishandtwofourths chapter 6 . 7/19/2007
holy fast update, batman! i'm in awe, both at the fact that you've finished this so quickly and at the actual chapter itself. hot damn, what a finale...

i've gotta say, as frustrating as it was to see remus and tonks apart, their communication issues really did make things more interesting, adding another element of difficulty to their whole relationship.

and ahh, i got my wish, wanting to see tonks' reaction to severus' supposed betrayal. but gosh, i sure as hell wasn't expecting him to ask her to run away with him! that unusual lack of control and stoicism was really telling, both about his feelings and the situation he found himself in, i thought.

ooh, and i didn't even CONSIDER that tonks' friendship with severus might make remus think badly of her in the hospital scene, perhaps even blaming her like she worried. that was another nice facet to add to their complicated issues, actually. but of course, SO very glad it all worked out! their reunion was oh so lovely, and them visiting his mother at the end was the perfect touch.

so yes, i'm grinning madly right now... thanks for this, it totally made my day. i absolutely ADORE this series, and i hope you'll both want to and be ABLE to continue it after DH comes out... *twitches nervously in anticipation for saturday* ;)
Lady Ormis chapter 6 . 7/18/2007