Reviews for The Wailing Woman
The Insanity of the Sane chapter 10 . 3/22/2013
This story was amazing! Best I've read in months! The plot totally seemed like a real episode. I loved it. Adding story to favorites:)
Psycho33 chapter 10 . 11/18/2010
I think that you were able to put the words "I'm a means to an end" in Dean Winchester's mouth was PERFECT! Thanks for the piece.
Coragyps chapter 10 . 9/29/2010
Aw, this was frustrating because they never managed to reach each other - I still don't think Sam understands Dean's problem at the end of the story, and it made me sad. It's very true to canon though for the first few seasons of the show at least, when Sam still wanted to leave. Thanks for sharing and good job!
PhoenixDragonDreamer chapter 10 . 12/19/2009
You SO hit the nail on the head with the brother's relationship during Season One...too bad Dean really WAS and IS the means to an end, poor guy. His whole life built around two people who were constantly looking past him...

*Cries for him*

Awesome story honey! SO favorited!

*HUGS*

Mandy
masondixon chapter 10 . 2/27/2009
Read this story today and liked it very much. Thanks for writing it.
JackFan2 chapter 2 . 12/14/2008
OH MY GOSH! She attacked Dean? WOW! Well, not that I'm surprised she attacked him, coz I'd totally jump his bones but strangling, nearly killing him? Yikes! I sure surely didn't see that one coming!

Did I mention how much I loved the way you wrote the boys? They are both written so powerful and confident. None of that moorish Sam nonsense and Dean is cocky and crude, but never as badly as Sam assumes. You really make them so perfectly in character!

LOL.. I chuckled at the interview at the hunting store, Dean trying to get the manager off the 'did you smell anything weird' and on to other 'anything at all weird' and his compulsion to nearly cuff the guy. Then to his attempts to gaze at the weaponry to the point that Sam nearly cuffs Dean! LOL.. that whole bit had me giggling.

Another stellar chapter!
JackFan2 chapter 1 . 12/14/2008
Well, I'm trying to remember how or who recommended your fic work for me to read. I'm working overnights and am always starving for good Supernatural, hurt!Dean fic to read, and somewhere your stuff was rec'd to me. *sigh* Wish I could recall where or who...

No matter, I'm here now, and I'm thoroughly in, hook, line and sinker. IN! Love how you set this up, Dean's solo investigation of the crying he heard, Sam's ponderings over how he didn't hear it, and why Dean did. The brotherly banter is fantastic, the set up superb.

Excellent chapter and I'm now really eager to read on. Wish I'd opened this bookmarked file ages ago now. But no matter. I may be late to the party, but I'll certainly finish the dance!
Mad Server chapter 10 . 8/9/2008
That was awesome! Interesting baddie, plenty of wobbly drained defensive hurting Dean, great h/c, great insights into the boys' subtexts and psychology, and Dean's fainting and then his spin-out in the final chapter are killer. Bravo!
V.R. Jennings chapter 10 . 8/4/2008
Loved it! It's very good and very well written. Keep up the good work!
Corabe chapter 10 . 5/17/2008
I realize that this review is incredibly late and you're probably going to think I'm crazy, but this was amazing and I just wanted you to know that I absolutely loved it, it's very difficult to find an author who writes Dean and Sam in character and you really did an excellent job and the plot was great, it felt like it was an episode written for the show.

Great work!

Court
Cat chapter 10 . 12/16/2007
Hi There!

I just finished you fic last night and thought it was wonderful.

You really have the characterization in line with the series. I enjoyed reading the thoughts of Sam and Dean throughout the story, and their concern for one another, without it coming out is uncharacteristic mushy dialogue (which is what a lot of the fics I've read so far seem to do).

I thought the story idea (the piggy backing spirits especially) was very original and well though out. There was a nice balance of thoughtful and calm moments mixed with moments of angst and intensity. The dialogue was great as were the moments of humour.

It was also nice to see that you wrote Deans injuries realistically (something else a lot of the other fics I've read seem to forget).

My only point of constructive critism would be that sometimes the inner thoughts of both Sam and Dean became a bit repetative.

Overall I was very impressed and your fic read pretty much like an one of ths show... I'd easily add this to my list of fanfics I'd love to see made into episodes.

Thanks for posting it up. I look forward to checking out some of your other fics.
Vanessa Sgroi chapter 10 . 9/4/2007
This was a fantastic story. Simply loved all the Hurt!Dean.
hermitme chapter 9 . 9/3/2007
Good story, I really enjoyed reading this and this line spoke so much

"The older hunter gave a wry grin, “Oh nothing is about me. Shit I know where I stand, I’m the means to an end, nothing is about me.”

I never thought of this but you're right, I can see Dean seeing himself as only a means to an end for both hid dad and his brother. Poor Dean :(
Xdaisy chainX chapter 10 . 9/2/2007
awesome fic, loved it to bits, seen all the angst in the last chapter! lol

it was well written angst too, not overly angsty...like enough within Deans character to be belivable.

wicked fic anyways, brilliantly original and great banter throughout.

loved it

XsarahX
heather03nmg chapter 10 . 8/28/2007
Aww its over already!

Amazing fic from start to finish, I loved each chapter and eagerly awaited each update!

Awesome final chapter, Dean fainting in the cemetery was my favorite part...all the inappropriate comments really freaked Sammy out and had me giggling.

Looking forward to reading more from you soon. You write beautiful hurt Dean, angst filled stories!
51 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »