Reviews for Two Archetypes in Search of a Story
James Birdsong chapter 4 . 1/28
Still an excellent and wonderful story.
BunnyHeartMedicine chapter 4 . 7/2/2014
Please make more
BiblioMatsuri chapter 4 . 8/7/2013
Stories have ended, new stories begin, and bitterness is washed away. Excuse me while I wipe the tears from my eyes. *applauds*

(Um - I think the last scene of Chapter 1 and the first scene of Chapter 2 are duplicates.)
locket-too chapter 4 . 8/19/2012
I love how you depicted the Princess Tutu Universe and the characters. The metaphors and references you made were subtle but clever, easy to catch and bewitching. Your characters (especially Utena and Anthy) are unpredictable and mysterious but very human. They always stay in character, true to their essence but they are "evolved" in the most interesting way. I always wonder how you do that. :D

Hope you write another Crossover!
Words sent from the Moon chapter 4 . 8/15/2010
Very good and Ahiru on Fakir's head was very Hetalia~ but then again you may not know what that is. Anyways, still, really good.
Hime chapter 4 . 12/2/2009
Oh I loved this! While most stories set after the end of Princess Tutu have Fakir and Ahiru existing in a bitter-sweet, melancholy acceptance of their story's end, you have the two set out on a hero's quest. How awesome and fitting. I also love how you crossed the two universes together so beautifully. They are both similar, but I never really thought of it until this story.
CPAnthoni chapter 4 . 11/24/2009
This is so very very good. I read it over and over.
James Birdsong chapter 4 . 6/28/2009
*applauds all four chapters*
Shiakou chapter 3 . 9/4/2007
This is a good example of the potential cross-overs have; one that is usually ignored. It's brief, but deep, encompassing without being epic. It doesn't try to go on for fifty chapters of "save the world" fighting, but it has a profound meaning. It doesn't try to pair up anyone, or to be absurdly romantic. It's perfect.
Eria chapter 3 . 7/16/2007
Ah.. it was a good ending. If it ended anyway. :D Unless you intend to continue with the adventures of Ahiru and Fakir on a journey to find magic that can change her back into a girl! :D
NinjAngel chapter 3 . 7/15/2007
Oh, this is getting exciting! I can't wait until the next chapter.
Sanityfaerie chapter 3 . 7/15/2007
That was... all cool and beautifully blended and I love the way their icons just danced with one another and wow.

...and I so wasn't expecting it to end this soon.

...And I'd love to see a continuation of the fic (though likely it would have to be another story) but it feels like you would have to either keep it entirely a cross with Utena or find some other more complex arc-of-crossovers that managed to bring itself to an appropriate climax, and you *could* do the simple series-of-movements thing with each movement being a different Princess Tutu crossover except that Utena is still out there with *her* story unfinished, and it just feels like closing the one without closing the other would leave it inappropriately dissonant (unless you had that somehow woven into the parallels between movements) though I *suppose* that the Power to Revolutionize The World would be sufficient to turn a duck back into a princess, and wouldn't it be *interesting* to see what Fakir thought of Anthy?

But like yeah. Wow. Nifty.
NinjAngel chapter 2 . 7/10/2007
Oh...Aotoa KNOWS something. XD I can't wait to see what happens.

This could be a very interesting story.
Tomoyo Ichijouji chapter 1 . 7/4/2007
First, I'd like to say that the idea of an Utena/Tutu crossover, and a continuation at that (a continuation of both perhaps?) is brilliance. _ There are many plot strings you could tie together with those two series. Make full use of it, I urge thou!

As for this chapter, I think, somehow...the characters aren't exactly being OOC, but something doesn't seem right. For one thing, it seems kind of odd that she steps right into Fakir's and Ahiru's lives, and trust, so easily. Ahiru I can see trusting her easily, but Fakir I kind of doubt. For someone who really doesn't know what happened to her, or exactly what she's doing, she's acting pretty casual about it, even though she seems sad that she can't find her friend. Fakir would certainly be at least a little irked. Although you say he was "on guard and suspicious", he doesn't act like so. You say he "felt no attraction", but then there was the part about seeing her in the nightshirt. Also, "one of the images in my mixed-up head" seems almost like she's talking about herself in the third person...the phrase sounds very weird coming from the person herself. Also, Utena herself sounds a bit strange to me. "Awesome" sounds strange coming from her, as well as "My head feels like someone threw all my thoughts into a blender and hit puree". The former sounds a bit too juvenile for her, and the latter sounds like she's trying to jest about her own situation, which could work but in the context of the line she sounds like she's taking it seriously. Is she seeing humor in her situation, or saddened by it? If both, it comes together jaggedly. Depending on what kind of state of mind she's in right now, she'd act more one way or another.

I realize that a few of my concerns may be intentional, like the strange familiarity of Fakir to Utena, but I think there should at least be some conflict to his feelings and his awareness of the situation, both of a stranger coming so suddenly into their lives and the fact that he reacts the way he does.

A few other things: in your summary, you say that Drosselmeyer dies. I think it was made pretty clear in the 26th ep that he's still around in that other dimension wandering around somewhere, so I'm not sure if that's a detail in your fic or an error of canon.

Another smaller thing: it's up to you whether animals still have sentience after the story, but the other animal-people actually turned back into humans in the end, so they still have intelligence, and...well, I just find it a shame if Neko-sensei's personality is wiped out, not just his memories. D: It seemed to me that animals in the series, even the non-anthropomorphic ones, had personality, so it almost seems a bit out of place.

And a grammar nitpick, there were several places where you were missing an "a" article, like "when she was girl" and "I'm looking for friend", so watch out for that. :)

This is a long rant, sorry, but I thought the idea was cool enough for me to make several comments on that I hope might give you an outside perspective on your story. _
NinjAngel chapter 1 . 7/4/2007
This looks like it could be interesting. Although, I'm hoping there isn't going to be any Fakir/Utena romance. XD Fakir/Ahiru FTW!

Anywho, yay for crossovers. This could be fun.