Reviews for Illusions of Grandeur
Davechainsaw chapter 1 . 8/19/2014
looking at how much kim updates i say that its a good 1-4 years between storys i say that were due another one this year or next hopfully, you never know, he might have died, or just *cry* forgot about us
DELETED9028303013 chapter 20 . 1/22/2013
This story was written about twelve years ago, however, I read it, and still feel obliged to review it. I greatly enjoyed this story. It was excelently written, with the perfect amounts of action, drama, romantic tention, and humor. Although I was a bit disapointed in the missing indigo, avian, and constalation league chapters, and its cliffhanger ending with a sequal unlikely after this amount of time, the story itself was excelent.
ProfessorOak chapter 14 . 11/29/2012
Without a doubt, this may be one of the best stories on this website. Of course, you do know that Pikachu's a guy, right...
sortofbored chapter 20 . 4/9/2012
This is an amazing story and you are an amazing author. This probably wont make a difference, but this is one of my absolute favorites and I would love to see it continued.
Nauran chapter 12 . 1/28/2012
To build up an original character like this, with a steady pace and solid backing, and pair them up with a canon character... I have yet to see ANYONE do it as good as this.
YeahImThatGuy chapter 9 . 5/16/2011
A couple years ago I stumbled upon your story 'The Death of Ash Ketchum' and I was instantly hooked.

It was,and still is,an amazing plot was unique. It is like no other story I've read.

Then I read this story and it was equally story is everything a fan could ask for.

I hope you won't let this story is too good to give up on.I suppose I can only hope you find that spark that will inspire you to write and finish story.
Pikajenn chapter 20 . 3/15/2011
Hi Kim, Do you have plans to update this story? It's really awesome and I hope you haven't let it die off. I know there's someone out there who says they're continuing your story, and been permitted to, but I don't think they could live up to the story as you've written it. If that author could, I think more would've been written and released.

Hope you update this story!
ultimate question chapter 20 . 5/16/2010
After reading this story about twice, i have to say this ranks in the best stories i have ever read.

Your characters are strongly developed as well as your plot.

Aslo your writing style grabs the reader in.

I cant wait for the sequel, if there is one that is...
klutz586 chapter 20 . 10/21/2009
Wow...This is truly one of the most amazing stories I have ever read. You're a genius.

I'm guessing since it's been about 5 or 6 years that you're not making the sequel, but I really wish you did.
Locke chapter 20 . 4/14/2009
I read this fic many years ago. At the time it was quite possibly the best thing I had ever read. I bookmarked it and checked the page periodically to see if it had updated. Since then I've gone to university and received a degree in English. I've read more stories and essays than I'd care to remember during that time. I come back to this story to see how well it held up, and I am amazed. It really is a great story. Maybe a bit heavy on song quoting, but great none-the-less.

Your view on what it means to be a Pokemon Master is different from anything I've seen elsewhere. The way you explain how much you must sacrifice to be the best is eye-opening and reaches well beyond just Pokemon. The ancient hidden Leagues are inspiring and your quirky Pokemon remind me why I loved the series in the first place.

I really want to know what happened during the Indigo League competition. I also really want to read about what happens at the Constellation League with Gary and Ash. It's been so many years now, I doubt you'll ever post the sequel. However, if you've ever written more of those two unfinished chapters, there's at least one person out here wanting to read it.

Anyway, thank you once again for telling this story. It means a lot to me.
smileyaili chapter 20 . 11/4/2008
ok i read this story years ago, but im only getting to reviewing now. dont ask me why. anyway it was good back then, and it is now. i never thought it was finished though, so write that sequel. its so imaginative, and the characters are so real and everytime i read this i get the shivers. i like it to cause its so long. do something more with it, even though its been over five years!
Moonlit Eevee chapter 20 . 6/25/2008
you must be phycic(sp?) cause every time i read shamin, i read SHAYMIN as in the new pokemon. anyway please finish writing, i did not just spend 19 hours reading this story just so you could leave a cliff hanger so for the love of Arceus and all good things about pokemon update. please with a cherry on top?

-Moonlit out
pokemon fan chapter 20 . 5/4/2008
i read this story in one sitting. and that is hard for me to do cause i have a couple of diseases that i have to walk around all the time. anyways good story i loved it can't wait for the sequel.

P.S. i never was able to finish the first chapter of this story before so i'm really sirprised. bye
tavisa chapter 20 . 10/6/2007
Are you still going to work on this story?
kurowolf chapter 1 . 5/16/2007
This story is amazing. I had read The Death of Ash Ketchum and couldn't wait to start reading this. Uhg, I feel so guilty since you wrote this so long ago and I just found out about it.