Reviews for Dwimmerlaik
Mari83 chapter 16 . 1/14/2014
Thanks for the story!
Killingmemory chapter 16 . 1/16/2010
Just perfect. Truly. I was so sad to finish this, but perhaps now I can finally get some actual work done for the first time in the last few days. Thank you so much writing such a wonderful story. Favorited.
veree chapter 16 . 9/16/2008
My first review! Ever!

I think the most striking element to this story is how you've handled Haldir's post-traumatic stress. A brilliant and realistic way to portray it. A family member of mine works directly with war veterans, and sadly, he's seen some very similar stuff-very apparent to me when Haldir cuts the brand out of his arm. I find that part hard to read-very emotional.

My only critique, as such, would be to watch your commas and such. Every now and then a sentence gets a little hard to follow, grammatically, and a comma or semicolon is kinda needed.

Much love! Can't wait til you update Invictus!
Ponytail Goddess chapter 16 . 8/30/2008
Wow, I finally finished this. I had hoped it wouldn't be so bittersweet, but once Haldir stabbed Aragorn, I knew it wasn't going to end well. It will take Haldir a long time to get over this, if in fact he ever does. Some of the wounds from this won't heal and I feel bad that Aragorn is trying so hard when Haldir has shut himself off. I imagine it will be better for him in Lorien though, where the Lord and Lady will probably get on him if he continues his drinking behaviors. I'm very interested to see how he will act in your next story because of how he is now and how much time will have passed between his last meeting with Aragorn.

Anyways, excellent writing. I look forward to reading the next story in your series.

-P.G.
Calenlass Greenleaf chapter 16 . 2/14/2008
For two months, I knew you had updated.

waiting was sheer agony.

But this chapter was worth the wait. :)

Cal
Camille chapter 16 . 1/25/2008
This was an excellent story. I love your treatment of the relationship between Haldir and Aragorn. Thank you for taking the time to write such a riveting story.
Danelly chapter 1 . 1/9/2008
As I have said on Council of Elrond, you really are an excellent writer! You kept me gripped right until the very end-as usual. I have faved both you and this story. Glad to hear you are not abandoning our favorite elf and human.

Good luck with your novel, and a happy new year to you!

Charlothiena
kept by corgi's chapter 16 . 1/6/2008
Great story, wonderful veil,and the rest of the survivors were asked to stay until spring, then help them find a new home.

Glad to see Orophin and Rumil join in, hopefully Haldir will open up to them and let them help him, instead of drinking. felt so sorry for him when he tried cutting that scar out of his skin.

Aragorn is true friend to do what he did for him. Also liked when Halabard reconciled with Haldir, great.

Good luck with your novel, hope to hear from you from time to time, and glad you are not abandoning Aragorn and Haldir. You are great writer, have great plots, visualize what is happening and you COMPLETE your stories.

Take Care.
MosNoogaMara chapter 16 . 1/4/2008
Wow. Just, wow. I was getting upset thinking that Haldir would steal off without even telling Aragorn farewell. I was packing for my trip to Lorien to take him by the ear back to Imladris. LOL. I'm glad that Aragorn is sneaky enough to make sure that didn't happen. I'm sad that we won't get more from you for a few months, but maybe I'll be paying to read your next project. ;) Seriously, you have a style that is easy to read without sounding juvenile, and I would buy a book written by you. Thank you for an enjoyable chapter, and a wonderful fic. It has definitely been a pleasure reading this, and I look forward to more from you in the future.
tasmat chapter 11 . 1/4/2008
*looks around in disbelief*

were those...COMMAS I saw for nearly a page-worth of scrolling? It...I...yay! And all before I even went in-depth (sketchily) about grammar and punctuation useage...
Steel Giant chapter 16 . 1/3/2008
I love the depth of the conclusion. ) It's more on the uneasy side (which is more realistic). I also like the complexity of the feelings of the characters, where they themselves might not be able to quite explain what they think after the ordeal. It's not too clean and Miyazaki-ish.

Rancir.. well, I don't know. See, you give us glimpses into the subplots, so they're still open to speculation. I enjoy it as it's not a style I'm familiar with. It's something I wouldn't mind being able to do to still communicate depth of supporting characters who aren't focused well upon.

I'm not even sure what else to say at this point, other than thanks for the story! I wish you the best of luck on your original work!

Steel
Aelaer chapter 16 . 1/2/2008
I enjoyed this ending greatly, and I am happy that- hiatus aside- that you are, nevertheless, writing still. I am very much interested in seeing what you do next; I myself hope to see Aragorn grow older someday *grin* Whatever you put up, I am sure I will enjoy it. This little adventure was quite the pleasure.

Good luck on your novel, and hope it doesn't take too much of your time! ;)

Laire
tasmat chapter 8 . 1/1/2008
I like your style of writing, but there's one thing that constantly makes me cringe: the deplorable lack of commas. It was my hope that it would only last the first few chapters, and that you may happen to catch it before you wrote much further. But upon reaching this chapter and still being deprived of proper punctuation, I need to remark upon it. There are so many long, LONG sentences that would read with great ease if commas were slipped in here and there.

And when the occasional paragraph with appropriate commas is encountered, the read is far better, smoother, swifter. There were a few of these in chapter seven, and I thought, oh, The Lady of the Light finally caught it. But then it fell back in to the same loss.

Reading is a lot more enjoyable when I do not have to mentally insert commas where needed.

Do you have a beta/editor? If not, do you need one? I'm always available.
Ethos chapter 16 . 1/1/2008
Ah well, there's the end to it. It was a very good end I must say. You didn't do what I'd guessed with Rancir, making his story end in an even better way that I'd hoped. Haldir is doing ok-ish. Aragorn got to be the brave, self-less, heroic ranger that he is, and got the fire knocked out of him (can you tell I'm slightly biased toward my dear Heir of Elendil?). Over all it was yet another wonderful and satisfying story from you.

I'm sad to hear that you'll not be writing much for a while. Oh well...you'll probably have all sorts of pent-up Aragorn and Haldir muse when you get back to it. Good luck with your original novel...I'm sure it's going to be great.
kestrels chapter 16 . 1/1/2008
::Happy sigh:: This is perfect. A perfect ending to a perfect tale. You show us the characters' emotions so subtly, and so beautifully. Nothing is overdone or "overacted."

I love the way you begin this chapter on the journey home, and how you show us the aftermath of the ordeal through the characters' actions and dialogues. Nicely done, and it serves to give us, the reader, some distance from the "main event," so to speak, and this allows us to see how this happening has affected the characters in a more in-depth way. This helps to tie up the story emotionally for both the readers and the characters.

I also love your portrayal of Elrond (He's one of my favorite Tolkien characters) and love his interactions with Aragorn. I loved how you had emotional repercussions of the confrontation with the Nazgul for both Haldir and Aragorn. I also enjoyed very much how you had Halbarad share with Haldir his thoughts on Aragorn, and Aragorn's friendship with Haldir. Some of that information, coming from a third source, will resonate more with Haldir than if it came from Aragorn himself. I also liked how you had Halbarad mention Aragorn's "blow-up," and how that emotional display impressed upon Halbarad the depth of Aragorn's feelings.

Really, I can't say enough good things about this chapter, and this story. Your writing was good to begin with, but you have improved greatly in a very short time. I wish you much luck with your novel (I've got mine own finished and can tell you about submitting it to publishers and agents, for I've got a few years of experience to share.) You are a very talented writer. I wish you joy in the writing process!

Thank you, as alway, for sharing your work!