Reviews for Afraid
sapphiretwin369 chapter 1 . 2/11/2012
I really loved this! I thought Daniel was kind of a jerk in that scene and I think this is a realistic version of how Vala would have reacted. Thank you for that! :)
WillowEchoRiver chapter 1 . 2/23/2010
Okay...Thank you! Like, seriously! Every time I watch it I"m like, "She should have slapped him! Or yelled at him! Or something! He can't just kiss her and make it better!" Haha, so, yeah...Thank you for this story! It was wonderful :) I loved Teal'c there at the end.
CountryPixie chapter 1 . 1/10/2009
LOVE this story! I can see where Daniel was coming from because Vala had lied to him in the past, but he had just been such a JERK to her that he had no right to say that! This reaction fits them much better.
nana lee chapter 1 . 10/4/2008
Just read this, and I'm on Daniel"s side.

Vala had lied to him so much in the past.

So now she bored and wants to have sex.

Daniel is a respectable and honest person

he would not just off handily just do what

she wanted. The actors them self help make this

part of unending, I read it and Micheal shanks

talked about it. i though it gave unending a

depth and value. and they stayed together for

50 years too. They were in love.

So i gave my to cents and vented thanks

i feel better now.
1477166 chapter 1 . 3/24/2008
SO TRUE! wow. I never thought of it that way. wow.
Janiqua chapter 1 . 2/15/2008
Sorry. I'm gonna have to say I'm completely on Daniel's side. Remember that episode, The Ties That Bind? Vala seemingly lowered all her defenses, and I mean ALL of them. She talked about being engaged, taken as a host, freed by the Jaffa, but then spat on and stoned when she returned to her village, blah, blah, blah... She nearly had Daniel then and there, but he realized she was messing with him.

How can he trust her after something like that? Even in Unending, she had JUST suggested they have sex merely to pass the time because she really was bored. Daniel isn't the kind of guy who takes sex for granted and I think I would have blown up, too.

And then Vala starts crying, which I get because I really think at this point his opinion of her matters to her more than anyone else's. But in your story, to have her freak out when he warns her not to be messing with him the EXACT SAME WAY SHE WAS IN The Ties That Bind, that just makes Vala seem entirely too selfish, immature, and overdramatic.

Daniel clearly cares about her, that's why he was able to turn around so quickly when he realized she was actually in pain. But this is Vala we're talking about. It's impossible to know when she's being genuine because most of the time she's not. After everything she's put him through, she should feel lucky he's giving her yet another opportunity to get close enough to him that she can either love him or break his heart.

I'm sorry I had to say all that. You've got a good story here, it's better than most of the stuff on this site, but I had to defend Daniel. LOL!
Anjirika chapter 1 . 12/13/2007
You love reviewers and we love you! This was great.
Spicy Diamond chapter 1 . 9/8/2007
Ahh, perfect! This is exactly the alternative scenario I needed to see after watching 'Unending'. I completely agree with the issue on the transition from Daniel's rant, Vala's crying, back to Daniel's guilt striken 'revelation' of a kiss then suddenly everything's hunky dory and he spouts off the 'you better not be messing with me line'? I mean, what the crap? It seems to go against Vala character that she didn't react with something stronger.

This little beauty, however, does wonders for fixing that little nagging irritation. Loved it! Wonderfully done!
cirana chapter 1 . 8/10/2007
gd fic
CindyLou13 chapter 1 . 7/11/2007
Much better way for this scene to have gone. I wanted to slap him silly, so I don't know how she didn't. This seems much more in character for both of them.

Thanks so much for writing!
Shivy chapter 1 . 7/5/2007
Hi Liked your story...not sure daniel meant it that way but still love reading alt versions of that scene
StanaTorv chapter 1 . 7/3/2007
that was awesome...lovely spin on 'that' scene
QuasiOuster chapter 1 . 7/3/2007
Thanks for sharing your view of that scene. I thought your story was great and yet another possible way that things could have played out for D&V. Intellectually, I understand what was going on between them but Daniel's harsh words sure did pack a punch. I'm happy to see so many interpretations of how things could have unfolded and yours was a great showing of accountability, both in Daniel having to suffer a little and aplogize for his words and Vala in standing up for herself being just as vulnerable as Daniel had been in that situation. Good work.
spacegypsy1 chapter 1 . 7/2/2007 rascal you! So absolutely the correct response captured here - thanks ever so much for this nice little fix.
JessandRoryLover chapter 1 . 7/2/2007
That was really cute!

I totally agree with you about slapping someone if they said what Daniel did to Vala. I was so mad at him when he did that...Anyways this story was amazing! I loved it :)