Reviews for At The End Of The Rainbow
Raihu chapter 1 . 9/8/2009
How unusual that you're able to write the perfect voice and tone of a unicorn's year-round ruminations! I suspect you're the other way around: Amalthea on the outside and the unicorn resting inside. Makes for really wonderful storytelling. Beautiful!
vapanalley chapter 1 . 8/31/2009
Elegantly worded. It's so prettifuls! c:
Lasgalendil chapter 1 . 8/28/2008
I loved the present tense! That adds such a feeling to short stories that novels can never have.

I loved your first and third to the last paragraphs. They sounded very much like near quotations from the original work itself.

Like you said, the ending is awkward. Maybe taking off that final sentence about giving birth would bring some finality to the piece. "Inside her, Amalthea festers," is wonderful, but it doesn't fit in this work very well, at least not as an ending. It breaks up the continuity of tone of the rest of the piece. As the author, it's your discretion. You know what you planned for this piece. Thank you for opening up yourself to criticism about the ending-now play around with it :). Find something that works for you. If you feel it's awkward, keep toying with the wording, or cut/paste, edit until you feel comfortable with it.

Bloody Brilliant!
occasionally-maybe-never chapter 1 . 1/29/2008
Fab one-shot, really enjoyed. I think you got the feeling of her really well, and now you have me desiring to go read the book again... for the hundreth time! Keep it up!

WishfulWhispers
MysticSong1978 chapter 1 . 8/24/2007
That was very good and very touching. I like how you've captured the style of the book in your own writing.
Suki chapter 1 . 8/11/2007
O . . . eerie. I don't think it's be possible in the book 'verse, since they never touched, until she was a unicorn again. Makes for an interesting sequal.
pixie paramount chapter 1 . 7/10/2007
Oh, wow.

This is so beautiful. You capture the book/movie-as you said, it is either canon ;D-so well with such few, choice words. I love the ["Inside her, Amalthea festers."] so very much. And the ending is just wonderful.

Though I agree with the ending. Up until then, the piece was quite lyrical-I'd even go as far to say poetic-nearly dream-like, but the ending contrasts that with a touch of reality. To me, at least. It seemed very jarring to me. :/ Hmn, I'm uncertain of it in a whole.

- Pixie