Reviews for Breathing Lessons
Gyreflight chapter 9 . 3/24
You have a lovely light touch with these two, and a deft hand with words and descriptions that inspires complicit amusement even when there isn’t anything obvious in the situation that might be expected to raise a grin (most appealingly Pratchettesque, that is). You manage to do it to great effect with both the apparently throwaway lines (“basking in the spring sunlight like a large pink lizard”), and the more detailed setup-for-amusement-value in advance.

That whole apparent sidetrack about Zaraki being the greatest gift to the women of Soul Society of the last millennium, carefully leading up to the idea of getting Zaraki’d (I don’t think anyone who’s read that hasn’t either grinned or snorted at the image) – and then that payoff line of Ukitake’s reaction to it happening to Shunsui of all people, was a gem.

And of course there are the visual gags too “-you’re on fire” and that whole humour-aforethought thing with the table… *grins*

I had fun reading this - thanks.
Hija del Angel chapter 1 . 3/7
This. Just, this.

It's crack on steroids and still so touching, and with such brilliant characterisation. And analogies. My favourite part ever, is when Shunsui gets sick of the whole baby bird metaphor and pulls his sword on Nanao.

And Nanao's inner voice is just precious. I really really like your Nanao(s).

And the chase, oh the chase. And the implication that they do this sort of thing regularly. And didn't you invent the verb 'Zaraki-ing'?

I wish I could offer some constructive criticism, but unfortunately, I can't. I couldn't write something this good. In fact, I generally fail at humour.

I wish you were still writing. I love Smoke and Flowers, almost more than I love this, 'cept that it's so very incomplete...
Elite-chan chapter 9 . 2/12
yahoooooo!

I finally finished this! ahhh i've been putting this out for a long time and i finally found the right time!

This is a funny story. Like... Seriously... I was laughing way more that I should. ))))))))

Loved the sexual tension, thanks for not dragging it too long. some writers tend to expand it way too much.

over all, loved this way too much. )))))))))
Elite-chan chapter 8 . 2/12
AHHHHHHHHHH...

That was... nice :"''''''')

i'm actually blushing because of the last part... ahhhh :")
Elite-chan chapter 6 . 2/12
laughed way more than i should XD XD XD lololololol.

esp. at Hitsugaya's height... LOL!
Elite-chan chapter 3 . 2/12
HOOOOOOOLYYYYY SHIT THIS CHAPTER IS INTENSE!
jcampbellohten chapter 9 . 2/4
Lol this chapter...
jcampbellohten chapter 6 . 2/4
I think it's well worth noting that by Western naming conventions the names are Shunsui Kyouraku and Juushiro Ukitake (and of course, by Japanese naming conventions their names are Kyouraku Shunsui and Ukitake Juushiro). It seems like you have the order mixed up for Captain Kyouraku, at least. Also, it would be Goddess of Forms (haha) because Nanao is female, and when you have a set of quotes inside another set of quotes (e.g., when Matsumoto was talking to Nanao), the inside set of quotes should be single-quotes, not regular double-quotes.
I'm not as captivated by this as I was by the last story I reviewed, but this is much less dramatic than that one and appears to have been written earlier, which accounts for that. Nonetheless, I'm enjoying it.
Megiddo chapter 9 . 1/30
I ended this with an epic wide grin on ma' face. MOAR! Pree QQ
Waywardneko chapter 9 . 1/26
This was DELICIOUS! I've read it a third time now and it just gets BETTER and BETTER!... Snerk sex tag... *Favorited*
Guest chapter 9 . 9/19/2013
Again, I love this story. Total crack. Thank you for writing it!
Guest chapter 8 . 9/19/2013
*laughing* A sadist? Yep, I think that could have some truth in it.
Guest chapter 5 . 9/19/2013
"She had a brief, searing mental image of a baffled Captain Ukitate discovering her limp body draped over his pillow."

Between that and dropping fireballs, my body hurts from laughing so hard. It never gets old!
Guest chapter 4 . 9/19/2013
I won't lie, I come back to this story at least once a month. It makes me laugh so much! Your story here is sincerely my top favorite Shunnao fic I have ever read!
utsushidasu chapter 1 . 8/21/2013
“There was an entire team of contractors whose job was to follow the 11th around and rebuild structures after them.” – Made me chuckle. It also amused me to imagine Kenpachi or Madarame sitting at a desk doing paperwork... that just would never happen, haha.

I'm really loving your characterizations already. Trying to write my own fic at the moment and I find myself jealous and infinitely admiring of all your little details. I figured from the title that this story might be about Nanao's insecurity in that area, and I was pleased with her pondering in this first chapter. I know this story is from a long while ago, and so I'm probably needlessly spamming the inbox of whatever email you used for this site with silly reviews, but I figure it's better than leaving none. I'm enjoying this very much so far!