Reviews for The Vinyl Umbrella
Guest chapter 27 . 1/9/2014
RF fics out of the water. So good. If you see this. I need to know how it endsss! -SueKazoo
Guest chapter 27 . 1/9/2014
Noooooo! I've been reading this story absolutely entranced for the last few days in between work and sleep and now I realize it hasn't updated for years! This has blownnn all of the other JS
Guest chapter 27 . 10/31/2013
Man...please don't leave it on a cliff-hanger. You have to update! We're dying to know what happens next!
supersam4ever08 chapter 27 . 6/6/2013
You HAVE to finish this story! We're all begging you here, please please PLEASE update this again! Just to give it some closure!
Admire chapter 27 . 5/14/2013
You cannot stop writing this story. You just can't. I have forced myself to stomach every story in the Jet Grind archive and your stories are literally THE BEST I have found, especially this one. It's the best as one of less than a handful wherein the author had any inkling of how the English language is properly executed. Please, heed my suffering heart. I really love this story, but if you discontinue it that's it for me. There can be no other after this.
BakshaarTheBengal chapter 27 . 1/19/2013
I understand this story was posted several years ago, and I accept that you may never update it again. If you can, at least post a shortened version, maybe a small list of what you were planning to write.

If you can't, I beg you send me a message of what happened at the end. I've been dying to know.
Primmly chapter 11 . 11/30/2012
This chapter- holy friggen crap. I have never been as emotional about a story as this chapter has made me. I'm an emotional wreck over here! I'm shaking (I can barely type), there's tears in my eyes, I actually had to stop reading and get up and clear my head... Holy... wow.

You are by far the most amazing fan fiction writer I have ever read. By FAR.

I know this story was written a couple years ago, and there's still a good 16 chapters left for me to read... But I just thought I'd let you know.

Wow.

I need some air.
Lexsom chapter 27 . 11/1/2012
God, I still love this game, and there just isn't enough good fanfiction for it. Your stories are the best BY FAR, so PLEASE finish this one soon!
adfjdlskaff chapter 27 . 9/12/2012
She had his abortion. At least, I'm pretty sure that's what the secret of Corn and Gum is. Well, I guess you can all go home now.
wickedshenanigans chapter 26 . 1/27/2012
Hi. Please update this wonderful, amazing story. It deserves to be finished. We, the readers you have drawn in so much, deserve to find out what happens. I plan on bugging you on a regular basis until to update this. That's how much this story has affected me. PLEASE! Update! I'm begging you here.
wolef chapter 27 . 1/2/2012
I read this story some years ago and had the sudden urge to read it again after popping in my old JSRF game for a couple hours today. I have to admit, I was surprised at how much I still enjoyed reading this story (so much that I just read it all in one sitting XD), especially since I've lately fallen out of fanfiction. You have a wonderful way of giving life to each of characters and fleshing out the personalities that we only get a glimpse of in the game. I love the intense momentum of all the events unfolding. You have me sitting at the edge of my seat at every turn. I can't remember the last time I was this engrossed in a story.

Anyway, I see that you haven't touched this fic in about three years, even though you promised a next chapter. :P This is such a lovely story and I really hope that you would miraculously continue it some day and reveal the ending (Cooorn D:), but even if you don't - thank you, thank you, thank you for a wonderful read. I've loved every minute of it thus far.
Kakuhidanfanchick chapter 27 . 11/13/2011
My god. best story i've ever read in my life. oh plz plz plz finish this. It is the epicness in my life that makes me complete plz!
Kakuhidanfanchick chapter 27 . 11/13/2011
Pow3rTrip chapter 27 . 7/15/2011
This is truly an amazing story you have written, and in my opinion, the best JSRF fanfic I have ever read. I am in total agreement with Miss Poisionous' review also, and I seriously beg you to finish this story. Once I started reading it, seriously i couldn't stop. I've read this whole thing 3 times now; its got great length, which I absolutely love (most fics out there are really too short in length, and have large gaps in between), and you have certainly utilised that length to its fullest, you have provided us with a great story with a great sense of realism and immense detail, and the development of the JSRF characters throughout the numerous chapters was done so well. I've seen a whole new side to to the GG's and have connected with the characters on a different level, and if i had to read this for a whole day non-stop, i wouldn't hesitate in doing it. The story is just pure awesomeness, its amazing, a whole lot of words that I just can't put into this review.

I truly, truly hope that you will get along to finishing this story, because what you have produced so far is inspiring and wonderful, and leaving the story at this cliffhanger just isn't fair for us readers. Finding out Corn and Gum's secret, and how things with the Rokakku will shape out, I really, really want to know how this fic will turn out. You obviously have shown immense amounts of dedication to this fic. (eg staying up until 1am on a school night to post a chapter for us 0)

Please find the time to get along to finishing this story, even though you may find it hard to get back to work. I apologise if this review seemed somewhat repetitive in a sense, and also that I may have rehashed some of Miss Poisonous ' review points, but I agree with her 110%, and please, please finish this fic for us readers sakes
wickedshenanigans chapter 27 . 7/5/2011
Hi. I am writing this review to beg you to finish this story. I have just read the entire thing in one go because it completely hooked me in. You have taken an already beautifully wide and detailed world and expanded it even further, made it rich, fascinating and utterly compelling. I feel like you know some previous history of the canon that I was unaware of, because the scenarios, character details and backstory are all so believable. I love that you've made their lives as essentially street gangs so much more effecting and real, by adding elements that would be true for gang life: difficult pasts, dangerous rivalries with other gangs, fights within their own ranks. I feel like your depictions of the characters ARE the real characters. Gum was my favourite character in the game, and now I'm not so sure about her! I'm seriously desperate to know what happened between her and Corn. It's like my very favourite TV show has been cancelled right after a cliffhanger. Have you seen Toy Story 2? You don't want to do to your JSRF incarnations what the canceling of 'Woody's Round Up' did to the Round Up Gang, do you?

This story, and excuse my melodrama, was a blessing to this fanfiction community. It's a decent length, it's well-written, the plot is intricate and captivating, the characters are multi-faceted and developed... All this work, imagination, thought and care deserves to be followed through. Of course, this is basically a selfish plea, because I think I may go crazy if I don't find out what happens!

Capturing a reader's imagination is not something every author is able to do, and it's a skill to be immensely proud of. In my opinion, it's the mark of a good writer. You've created an emotional connection between the reader and your characters. I'm invested now. You've made me FEEL things about these characters, where before it was just about whether they looked cool. I care about Yoyo where I never did before, sympathise with him even. I need Gum's behavior to be explained so I can like her again. Clutch is pissing me off more than he ever did when he stole my Graffiti Souls, and Soda is frustrating the hell out of me where before I never even cared to get him as a character.

Seriously. Finish this story. Please. You won't regret it. If you can't be bothered writing the end, just TELL me what happens! I want to know that bad! You said you had the end all figured out, so share it with us. I don't often read fanfiction any more, and even less frequently do I review. But your story has got under my skin. I feel like I can't bear not knowing. So, I'm off to stalk your profile and other stories now, to try and convince you to update through THEM. :D

This story is so worth finishing. I know it can be hard to go back to old work, but I'm sure you won't regret it. I care about this story, and I'm hoping I can reignite your interest in it too. For all your readers' sakes!