Reviews for One Step Away
brebre99 chapter 1 . 1/5/2014
I love this story
LiquidJasmine chapter 1 . 6/15/2012
Nicely done! Some of the best dialogue I've seen on this site - I could hear it coming out of the character's mouths in my head.
Verethif chapter 1 . 10/2/2011
I like this. In fact I love thi SO much, that i didn't do any of my homework in order to read this, so If I don't pass my exams, It's going to be your fault.

And you cut this fic just in the juicy part! You are an excellent writer, the descriptions, the feelings, amazing.

And sorry If I'm reviewing a little bit too late .

serenityselena chapter 1 . 1/2/2011
wonderful story _
Gwen-Anna Hunter chapter 1 . 6/20/2010
All the love for you! XD Wonderful!
CourtiSherard chapter 1 . 4/30/2010
That was absolutely amazing. Wow. Just wow. 3 great job!
Dimkaagon chapter 1 . 4/29/2010
I love your story! It was really great! I read it a while back, and I don't know why I didn't review it, unless it was one of the times my computer messed up. Anyway, great job! You write the characters very well, and your story was just plain fun to read! :D Thank you for writing! :D
eligin chapter 1 . 4/3/2010
I love that this story made me download this song and put it at the top of my fic, thanks for the giles/buffy connection to this song. kudos :)
LA chapter 1 . 1/5/2009
I love it - seriously, I think this is the best Buffy story I've read, it's so intense, romantic. It's so realistic, I've read a couple of buffy giles fics and most of the time they start to have sex out if nowhere, I love how you took your time - it really was fantastic!
Empatheia chapter 1 . 8/8/2008
Buffy/Giles has always been my secret ship (Willow/Giles being my not-so-secret ship) and this played it like a harp.

This paragraph-

/He knew that he was going to have to pull himself together soon. Whether or not Buffy was in his life, he was still a Watcher and he had his responsibilities to face; just not tonight. Tonight, he was going to wallow in his stupidity. He was going to sit in the dark, eating cold pasta from the can and relive every appalling thing he’d done and said over the last twenty-four hours. Then he’d move on to eating raw cookie dough from the tube while reliving it all again. At that point, some serious drinking would probably be in order./

-is just so... so GILES, I actually had to stop reading for a moment and squeal to myself in sheer delight. And him being distraught over Buffy in particular just makes it that much more fabulous.

Off to wander around your other fics... it may take me some time to review, as I'm reading in between doing things I actually should be doing, but I'll definitely get to those other Willow/Giles fics you mentioned. ~_
bloodywolf7 chapter 1 . 6/6/2008
Lovely...just...lovely. It was so...romantic, intense, and just so...perfect!
Obsidian Storm chapter 1 . 5/4/2008
awh... that was ttly cute! Kinda weird still but sute lol.

Can I ask ya a huge favour? Do you have that song? I rele want it but i cant get it anywhere, its not even on youtube. please get back to me! want it so muchly!
Water Block chapter 1 . 1/12/2008
"But, she was here. She was sitting on his couch waiting for him. Of course, she was here because there was nothing else to do. Everyone else in her life was busy and that left her with him. And we are back to the obligation thing, he thought, running a hand though his wet hair. He really should tell her she didn’t owe him anything."

-Poor Giles, thinking he's just this burden on Buffy. Sure, no one else was doing anything, but she really does miss him and want to see him. Even has sweet little daydreams of him making his tea, just like he has of her facial expressions and her laugh. Only difference, it seems to me, is that he realizes what these daydreams and feelings are and Buffy's simply seeing it as sentimental affection for a friend. A friend she can't quite classify.

"Giles chuckled, rumbling deep from within his chest. Buffy realized she liked that sound. Happy Watcher noises were of the good."

-Hmm, I'm sure Giles would agree with that sentiment. Maybe go a step forward, Anya style, and say that happy Slayer noises were of the good as well.

"“Knew I could count on you,” she said. “You are always my Watcher.”

He returned her smile, feeling somehow protective and empty at the same time."

-I think I can understand the emptiness he feels here. He and Buffy had finally made progress in a relationship that is not father/daughter, or Watcher/Slayer but friend/friend. Now, Buffy has been hurt and needs his help and the only thing she's ever seen Giles as in previous situations like this is as a Watcher. So he's back to being "Watcher." I don't think she meant to imply that he was anything less, or to detract from their recent progress; it is simply habit to see him as Watcher during crisis mode.

Still. Poor Giles-he has esteem issues when it comes to his relationship with Buffy, especially here.

Oh my god, poor Giles! *I just reached the part where Buffy needs help changing for bed* Poor, love sick, *couch*horny*cough* Giles.

OH! *bra* Ouch, poor Giles. *Loving this whole part. Especially because it is in Giles' POV. It simply wouldn't be the same to see it from Buffy's rather oblivious pov. Not that she's always oblivious...wait. There was the whole "Spike's obsession" then the not realizing Parker's worm nature. The not knowing of Riley/Buffy implossion and now Giles being Spike-esque in love with her.

Hmm, that was a bit of a rant. Simply, I really like Giles' pov, especially when he's thinking about Buffy.

"That could only mean that she saw him as harmless, safe, completely asexual. She didn’t think twice about him seeing her body because of course he could never desire it. Oh how wrong she was, and how much it cost him to acknowledge her viewpoint. He’d always known that she would never want him as did her, but to see it spelled out for him, to see in bold tones that she really did see him as old, as less than a man, hurt more than anything else."

-Well said.

I don't believe Buffy meant to hurt Giles by giving him the out *changing subjects after his confession* then asking him to stay with her for the night. "He looked into her eyes, seeing her fear and something else." -I'm thinking the something else was Buffy trying to align pre-confession Giles, and post-confession Giles into one man, and if he spent the night with her, she might be able to accept him as a man and not just a Watcher.

"He was going to sit in the dark, eating cold pasta from the can and relive every appalling thing he’d done and said over the last twenty-four hours. Then he’d move on to eating raw cookie dough from the tube while reliving it all again. At that point, some serious drinking would probably be in order."

-Oh, Giles has it bad. He's even taken on Buffy's depressed-so-I'll-eat-cookie-dough-from-the-tube habit. *depressed, wallowing and embarrassed Giles is sweet and funny*

"“And the fact that she and I…that we…”

“That you had hot monkey sex with my mother?”

“Oh yes, and that was not the most appalling way to word that.”"

-I burst out laughing at this point. Oh, Giles. You adorable Harrison Ford you.
CallaRose4ever chapter 1 . 12/29/2007
That was a very enjoyable read. Thank you for sharing it. I almost didn't leave a review because I am so tired and I stayed up until almost 4 am reading but this was too good to not review.
edq-ocd18 chapter 1 . 12/17/2007
Beautiful and wonderful! I loved it.