Reviews for Hey Dad
Bones2014 chapter 1 . 5/22/2014
This was sadly sweet...but in my world, Booth would never die! It just couldn't, wouldn't happen. In my world, it's B&B together, forever, always:-) A girls gotta dream, right:-)
bandbforever chapter 1 . 12/7/2007
Wow Niah! I'm stunned, I know I should expect it after reading so much of your fabulous work but I'm always amazed at how realistic your writing is. You had me in tears while reading this one. I think you managed to capture the moment between Parker and Brennan perfectly. :D
Owl Emporium chapter 1 . 8/10/2007
How sad...but I still loved it! Haha, I heard of that challenge...you did a good job!

Angelica
fanofbones chapter 1 . 7/5/2007
OMG...I went from wiping away silent tears to laughing my ass off!

Boy you had me sucked in on that one. But ya know...those are the most special moments in life...when you can cry and laugh in the same moment remembering a loved one.

That was perfect beyond words lacey...I loved it.

fab
krisnina77 chapter 1 . 7/4/2007
Wow you are really branching out of your usually fiction writing. Though I am enjoying them! That's quite an interesting way for the monkey to get the peanut butter. Sad but cute fic! I liked it!
squinter chapter 1 . 7/3/2007
That was so cute. You made me tear up towards the middle when Brennan joined Parker at the cemetary. Your writing is so good!

~squinter :P
That Old Black Magic chapter 1 . 7/2/2007
God, that was so sad! I sobbed so much. I didn't even realise it was by you Niah until I got to the reviews page. Great work girl!

Poor Parker. Poor Brennan. Most of all, poor Booth. Poor everyone! That was a really nice story and I'm glad that Parker and Brennan came to see him.

That one was a real tugger on the heart-strings. I couldn't help it, the tears were flowing and everything. I'm sure this would have placed in the challenge if you weren't a judge!

Great work, I take my hat off to you.
mendenbar chapter 1 . 7/2/2007
what a weird sense of humor you have! From a cemetary to a peanut buttered Booth (hum that's a nice idea.)
Musik34 chapter 1 . 7/2/2007
Oh wow. I agree with Kasper, if you hadn't been a judge this would have def. placed.

They had missed so many chances; they had missed their moments."

For some reason that line struck a chord with me. It's sad. It reminds me of a close friend I had, and we could have been so much more but like Booth and Brennan, we never did anything about it, and he went away...

Okay. Nuff of life story. I really loved this, I'm sure Parker would have turned out like this.

And one other thing, it's refreshing to read (not that his dying is a happy thing) a fic where Booth dies without getting shot/stabbed/blown up/car crashed. I'm guilty of that myself, but the man deserves to go peacefully.

_Musik
PurplePicklesUnite chapter 1 . 7/2/2007
Oh Parker, naughty boy! Great story. The end cheered me up. I wish they'd have more interaction between Brennan and Parker on the show!
moony chapter 1 . 7/2/2007
one word AW
kmmp99 chapter 1 . 7/2/2007
*sniffle* Niah that was so sad but yet so beautiful! I liked the epitaph "...Simmered down for good." I love it when he says that in the show! Great job Niah!
gator-md chapter 1 . 7/2/2007
Nicely done. What an original approach to the challenge...I think the absurdity of the last line led alot of people to take a much more lighthearted slant on the challenge...I am glad you decided to write this despite being a judge and not getting to "fully" participate.

I really enjoyed how you brought in the lessons that Booth taught Brennan...If not for him, can you just imagine how insensitive she would have been to Parker...not that she would have even been visiting a grave if not for Booth...

Honestly, this was a great approach...The manner of Booth's demise is as ridiculous as how the monkey got the peanut butter making the whole story all the more poignant. Thanks for sharing. M
caroldpb chapter 1 . 7/2/2007
That was sad but also sweet. I loved it.
Kasper chapter 1 . 7/2/2007
Too bad you were a judge because that was awesome and I bet it would have placed!

Different idea, I like it. And I would pay to see a monkey smear peanut butter in Booth's face!