Reviews for XSGCOM: Mirror Image
IveGotNoIdea chapter 18 . 11/23
Huh... I guess the old style X-Com was more difficult than the new one. Big Bad Boss (some super Ethereal) was much easier to take down than the heavy mech unit.
Praetor Urbanus chapter 52 . 9/21
A very engaging story, Hotpoint, and a pleasure to read. I quite enjoyed your sense of timing on the character development, which balanced the action parts well. I also got quite a few laughs out of "Sharp of Canada," O'Neill, and others, lightening the mood of an otherwise (suitably) dramatic story.

On the other hand, your use of the English language could use some work. You consistently use "bought" when you in fact mean "brought." You do not truly distinguish between thought and narration, so they blend together and become somewhat hard to read. You run your sentences together regularly, which makes reading them an exercise in separating parts that should already be separated.

Since English is clearly not your strong suit, I would recommend getting a good beta reader to go over your chapters before posting. We can often see mistakes that you miss. Proper support would enable your readers to enjoy the story you obviously put quite a lot of work into without the distractions of poor spelling and grammar.
Mega Mario 6 chapter 52 . 9/8
Awesome story, only recently got into the whole XCOM thing and was skeptical about how it would integrate with the SGC. It's a little funny how XCOM and others in the story view technological advancement, though you can't really blame them. Going from chemically powered kinetic weapons to Lasers and again to Plasma weapons in a matter of months and years instead of decades could warp any sane persons expectations. Unfortunately reverse engineering a technology is several orders of magnitude easier than developing it yourself. Just look at the USSR's nuclear program just after WW2 or any of China's tech today, from their baby formula to their Fighter aircraft, all of it is reverse engineered from more advanced Nations. So theoretically, contact with an advanced alien civilization would spark a huge advance in the understanding of science and technology and allow for closing the gap extremely quickly but which would be followed by a slow down as smaller and smaller improvements can be found and the economy hits it's bottlenecks in producing the new gadgets. All in all think cold war erra advances into whole new areas like jets, nukes, computers, rockets, and the Internet. Followed by a slow down of major advances and further integration of the new stuff into society. All fun things to think about, as long as said aliens aren't shooting at us that is, cause if that's the case I'm gonna find a nice hole to crawl into until it gets quiet enough to play with their toys.
Zues Killer Productions chapter 14 . 7/15

So Carrie is essentially, in XCOM terms, "high in PSI/midichlorians
trninjakiller chapter 28 . 7/2
You were right it did get better. And I love that little snippet at the end. Lol.
trninjakiller chapter 20 . 7/2
Not bad so far. I just hope the ashen are gone. I really wish xcom just nuke them to the stone age.
sealkid3 chapter 52 . 7/1
This was a good blend of xcom and SG. Very enjoyable read with a good pace and level of action. A great read, looking forward to reading the sequel! Thanks for writing it.
trninjakiller chapter 1 . 7/1
This is NOT the fucking fic I was looking for. I was looking for a fic that had the sgc and xcom combine with mutual goals and use technology to give the perverbial "humans fucking yeah" to the galaxy. Not some xenophobic racist assholes. I'm done.
Shadowrise chapter 52 . 6/28
It's well written and the concept is intresting. I highly reccomend for x-com and stargate fans
Caddie is an American citizen she was legally adopted by Janet fraiser which automatically makes her an American citizen
While your story is good in theory the amount of alien attacks and the size of the attacks on earth by x-com aliens would mean that the stargate and x-com would be widely known by civilians and then theres the asgard they regurly moniter earth and would of detected the xcom races and taken action to protect earth instead you should tamper with the timeline most xcom docs have xcom defeating the ethereal forces by 2015 simply have them defeat them before Jackson is called in to help decipher the stargate so they can explore the galaxy with xcom tech and reversed engineered ethereal tech and trained psionics
CptSyphilis chapter 52 . 5/13
This is more a review for the whole thing.

Bloody awesome! I just wish they could get either a decent SG video game or better yet create XSGCOM the game haha
TrueMetis chapter 52 . 4/9
Well this was fun, looking forward to the sequel.
TrueMetis chapter 35 . 4/8
Ouch feel bad for Fifth.
TrueMetis chapter 42 . 4/8
Eh, can't say I disagree with Sharp's actions here. US wants to claim it can handle security then it's got to follow through. And when they can't someone who can needs to step in. Any complaint about rights don't work very well from a country that created Guantanamo.