Reviews for XSGCOM: Mirror Image
silvereagle2121 chapter 52 . 5/27
this is a freaking awesome story. it is one of the best SG1 crossovers that I have ever read. I am really looking forward to reading the sequel.
just awesome!
13jlin chapter 40 . 3/31
ml ml hi
UraniumSpoon chapter 4 . 2/21
You're math is really wrong here, if 6 staff weapons can shoot 400 rounds/sec then one has to be capable of shooting at least 66.6 per second. Which itself is an impressive fire rate.

In order to get 400 rounfs/sec with them shooting one every 2 seconds (you say"every few seconds" which would usually mean 3, I'm being generous) you would need 800 of them.

Regards,
Uraniumspoon
"Back-engineering"? WTF? It's reverse-engineering.
RIF chapter 30 . 1/21
This is really good. I like the way you've merged the two settings, and from the author's notes it's clear that you've done plenty of research.
zapper25 chapter 52 . 12/22/2015
This is one hell of a story! thnx for writing it for us.
00000010Clown chapter 32 . 11/29/2015
Damn good story. I like your narration style and the character layouts. My favourites are Maybourne and Sharp. The X-COM spin on every little story is really inspiring and the humor has me laughing really hard several time up to now. Good Job
IveGotNoIdea chapter 18 . 11/23/2015
Huh... I guess the old style X-Com was more difficult than the new one. Big Bad Boss (some super Ethereal) was much easier to take down than the heavy mech unit.
Praetor Urbanus chapter 52 . 9/21/2015
A very engaging story, Hotpoint, and a pleasure to read. I quite enjoyed your sense of timing on the character development, which balanced the action parts well. I also got quite a few laughs out of "Sharp of Canada," O'Neill, and others, lightening the mood of an otherwise (suitably) dramatic story.

On the other hand, your use of the English language could use some work. You consistently use "bought" when you in fact mean "brought." You do not truly distinguish between thought and narration, so they blend together and become somewhat hard to read. You run your sentences together regularly, which makes reading them an exercise in separating parts that should already be separated.

Since English is clearly not your strong suit, I would recommend getting a good beta reader to go over your chapters before posting. We can often see mistakes that you miss. Proper support would enable your readers to enjoy the story you obviously put quite a lot of work into without the distractions of poor spelling and grammar.
Mega Mario 6 chapter 52 . 9/8/2015
Awesome story, only recently got into the whole XCOM thing and was skeptical about how it would integrate with the SGC. It's a little funny how XCOM and others in the story view technological advancement, though you can't really blame them. Going from chemically powered kinetic weapons to Lasers and again to Plasma weapons in a matter of months and years instead of decades could warp any sane persons expectations. Unfortunately reverse engineering a technology is several orders of magnitude easier than developing it yourself. Just look at the USSR's nuclear program just after WW2 or any of China's tech today, from their baby formula to their Fighter aircraft, all of it is reverse engineered from more advanced Nations. So theoretically, contact with an advanced alien civilization would spark a huge advance in the understanding of science and technology and allow for closing the gap extremely quickly but which would be followed by a slow down as smaller and smaller improvements can be found and the economy hits it's bottlenecks in producing the new gadgets. All in all think cold war erra advances into whole new areas like jets, nukes, computers, rockets, and the Internet. Followed by a slow down of major advances and further integration of the new stuff into society. All fun things to think about, as long as said aliens aren't shooting at us that is, cause if that's the case I'm gonna find a nice hole to crawl into until it gets quiet enough to play with their toys.
Zues Killer Productions chapter 14 . 7/15/2015
*whistles*

So Carrie is essentially, in XCOM terms, "high in PSI/midichlorians
trninjakiller chapter 28 . 7/2/2015
You were right it did get better. And I love that little snippet at the end. Lol.
trninjakiller chapter 20 . 7/2/2015
Not bad so far. I just hope the ashen are gone. I really wish xcom just nuke them to the stone age.
sealkid3 chapter 52 . 7/1/2015
This was a good blend of xcom and SG. Very enjoyable read with a good pace and level of action. A great read, looking forward to reading the sequel! Thanks for writing it.