Reviews for XSGCOM: Mirror Image
Guest chapter 52 . 12/14/2016
Veri gud fanfic m98
a-d Pilot chapter 39 . 12/10/2016
I'm guessing the reason Earth involved itself in this war is because the Bedrosian's had, from a certain point of view, openly declared their allegiance to the Goa'uld?

Still seems unusual though.
a-d Pilot chapter 35 . 12/10/2016
I'm a little surprised you didn't bring Fifth along. Perhaps in a personal shield reset to act as a containment field, but along.

Drop him on an asteroid without the resources to build any form of transport, a long range communicator so he can talk with Reese/Sam/etc, have him stay there long enough to prove he's not a threat, and I don't see the problem.

The others eventually get free and attack everything in sight anyway, so it should alter the story-line much.

Why did you follow cannon in this instance?
a-d Pilot chapter 29 . 12/9/2016
Probably not your intent, but if Loki was a well intentioned extremist, learned that Thor was trapped on that ship, and wanted to save the Asgard high commander from potentially being accidentally killed by the human boarders...

Would help explain the sudden large wave...but not why it wasn't focused on the ship...drat.
Perhaps the terran interceptors couldn't handle space...but I think they can. Plus, their shields would work.

Yeah, unless trying to hide their intent, likely not the cause.
Too bad really. Though they'd need to swarm it before SG teams arrived or every human on the ship would be in
a-d Pilot chapter 27 . 12/9/2016
"Nothing can stop the destruction that I bring upon y-bzzt!"

Embarrassed cough. "Your Doom is at h-bzzt!"

"Beep-ing!" Clang "Stupid!" Clang "Piece of..." Freezes in realization. Embarrassed cough "Look, when I get this thing working you will all rue the day. Ruuuue the d-bzzt!"

"I like him. He's funny."

"Look aren't everything sir."

"True Carter, true."
a-d Pilot chapter 26 . 12/9/2016
Sorry, but on the matter of reviews I just don't know what to say.

With my limited and amateur knowledge on the matter, I think your technical skill could use some polish, but is relatively solid.
I've enjoyed your story but not as much as Author ShaperV's "Timebraid," or Author Case13's "The Art of the Deal," both od which use aspects of growth similar to those found here but... can't really put into words why. Especially as it might be that after testing the waters in many Stargate stories from a list I'm...less appreciative than I should be?

You've done a good job staggering advancement and showing them paying for their achievements. And a better than fair job excusing them being in the right place at the right time to prevent tragedies.

Don't mistake this, I appreciate those tragedies being averted, but you knew going in there'd be an element of risk solving them. And as I said, you've done better than fair in this matter. Unquestionably more ably than my own past attempts.

Do I have tips?
...Not really. As said before, I feel the story could use a little more polish, but is solid overall. The best I can offer are two websites I often visit where people far more experienced than I, who either both write and teach professionally, or study a subject close enough to have a clear applicability to the art of writing stories have left their own advice for others to consider.

If you would like their names feel free to pm, but other than that...I don't have much to offer than the gut feeling that it's a good story, solid, but something is missing to make it into my top tiers.
And that might just be the old adage, "You can't please everyone."

Good luck, and good story.
a-d Pilot chapter 24 . 12/9/2016
"Why haven't you helped us?"

"Honestly? Cause we stink at it."

"What?"

"Despite all our knowledge we have been constantly on the run from things you could likely crush. If we stepped in, the odds of us causing you to follow in our failures was too high."

"I really doubt that."

"Let me show you some examples."

Later
"...Aw hell..."
a-d Pilot chapter 23 . 12/9/2016
As the great Nelson Muntz would say, Ha Ha!' O'neill jeered at the aliens. 'Now tell the truth, isn't this better than being stuck at home?' He asked his team brightly.

'With all due respect sir.' Carter deadpanned, 'Shut up before I beat you to death with my severed leg.'
a-d Pilot chapter 21 . 12/9/2016
A bit late for this and it might have already been mentioned, but...
Loki might also figure that while testing and refining their forces, they're also doing the same for earth's. That way, even if everything falls apart on Loki's end, the Asgard's allies of earth will at least be that much more dangerous to the replicators. Maybe even the Goald.

Loki might see themselves as using a semi-loophole of the Asgard's protected planets treaty to uplift humanity, research advanced cloning, test out new troops/equipment, etc...

...The asgard are supposed to be smart...but ouch.
a-d Pilot chapter 12 . 12/9/2016
Terry Pratchett's character Samuel Vimes once mentioned, "Pray your murderer is an evil man.
An evil man likes power. They prefer to gloat. To see you in fear.
So pray your murderer is an evil man."

"A good man will kill you without a word."
silvereagle2121 chapter 52 . 5/27/2016
this is a freaking awesome story. it is one of the best SG1 crossovers that I have ever read. I am really looking forward to reading the sequel.
Guest chapter 52 . 5/15/2016
just awesome!
13jlin chapter 40 . 3/31/2016
ml ml hi
UraniumSpoon chapter 4 . 2/21/2016
You're math is really wrong here, if 6 staff weapons can shoot 400 rounds/sec then one has to be capable of shooting at least 66.6 per second. Which itself is an impressive fire rate.

In order to get 400 rounfs/sec with them shooting one every 2 seconds (you say"every few seconds" which would usually mean 3, I'm being generous) you would need 800 of them.

Regards,
Uraniumspoon
Guest chapter 1 . 2/18/2016
"Back-engineering"? WTF? It's reverse-engineering.
879 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 .. Last Next »