Reviews for XSGCOM: Mirror Image
xanderken chapter 25 . 12/6/2019
that's one thing I never understood about the asgard. they rely on automation alot, they could have set up mines and ship yards in the milky way to produce equipment these would be safe from the reps and give the a fall back outpost and a small fleet to bluff the Goa'uld with.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/4/2019
Gg
CrazyMinh chapter 3 . 8/17/2019
And this keeps cutting off my old review, so I just want to point Hotpoint towards my full Snark of this mess a dot Literarytravesty dot wordpress dot com
CrazyMinh chapter 1 . 8/17/2019
(Cont)...kinda contradicts what they say about the tech in the first place: that it’s shit.

This is basically a HFY-fic; with XCOM as the overpowered gary stus. I would hope that Hotpoint would take the time to read my ongoing snark over at Library of the Dammed, where he might learn something about how awful this fic actually is. Maybe there might be some improvement in the future.
CrazyMinh chapter 5 . 8/17/2019
Y’know...I am so glad that I chose to MST this story.

This fic had so much potential. It could have been a great story.

But then X-COM essentially hijacks the Stargate program (which really can’t happen: The SGC is under the control of the US Airforce. X-COM is a multinational group funded by the UN. There’s no way that the two could conceivably merge with the way the command structure is set up. There’s also no fucking reason to in the context of this story). They solve dilemmas that the SGC took entire episodes to resolve in the blink of a eye, taking the limelight away from the main characters of SG1 at every opportunity. Hell, the story doesn’t even show the ‘other alien war’ for the most part; but chooses to make X-COM look superior to the SGC in every way.

The fic doesn’t even have a proper direction. The story starts off with the improbable concept of the SGC and X-COM merging into the amusingly titled XSGCOM (which-being a acronym- stands for eXtraterrestrial StarGate COMbat, which makes no goddam sense- are they fighting aliens, or alien Stargates?)...and basically becomes the “Chronicles of a hot Russian X-COM operative in the Stargate Universe”.

I mean, this fic seems to take abject joy in ripping into the Stargate canon, and mercilessly dissecting it. Martin Lloyd? Implied yo be tortured by X-COM in violation of the Geneva convention. In the canon, he’s a fantastic character: a underdog nerd who’s actually a alien. Now, how can the events of “Wormhole Xtreme” happen if he was tortured?

Then there’s all the Goa’uld technology: XCOM calls it shitty tech, but then goes on to use it anyway...which is purely contradictory. They essentially skip all the development the human race went through technologically and philosophically to go from a race only able to access one Stargate...to the “Fifth Race”, and the successors of the Asgard. Oh no, because X-COM are such massive Gary Stus, they automatically leapfrog their way to the top without truely maturing as a species first. It’s all about X-COM being the best...it get’s repetitive to read about them doing everthimg perfectly.

If anyone’s interested in reading my snark, go to Library of the Dammed on Wordpress. I hope Hotpoint takes the time to read my snark, and realise that he gets so close to a goodfic...before making it all anout “XCOM Fuck Yeah!”
VR Commando ATA chapter 30 . 7/21/2019
Elerium isn't just expensive, it's also rare. Great story by the way, still wondering if Vahlen, Shen, Bradford, and THE Commander will show up at some point.
Splawheel chapter 52 . 6/27/2019
One of the best HFY! stories out there. Especially because you finished it. I didn't think these two franchises would mesh well, but with your pen they do. And improve upon SG1 canon. Thank you for posting such an incredible story. Now to read the sequel.
Apedreitor chapter 10 . 5/21/2019
have you ever thought that is hilarious that bastet a genderless freaking worm is sexist?
Ryvaken Lucius Tadrya chapter 2 . 11/28/2018
This is not a good story. The characterization of the SGC is off, to say the least. The constant swearing is vaguely appropriate but severely unpleasant. The X-Com soldiers and officers act more like children trying to be badasses than they do badasses. And there's something wrong with the world when the service with more female infantry is decrying the other as liberal.

But beyond all that, there's the simple matter of how X-Com is being written as the superior force in terms of firepower and scientific expertise. That's not borne out by their accomplishments. X-Com was superior only in the amount of wreckage they were able to scavenge.
ChronoLegion chapter 52 . 11/11/2018
Awesome story! Can’t wait to read the sequel!
ChronoLegion chapter 29 . 10/27/2018
Great story. Very engaging. Love X-COM (both original and the remake, yes including Interceptor) and Stargate, so this is the best of both worlds.
ChronoLegion chapter 12 . 10/22/2018
Doesn’t the word “ha’tak” mean “attack” in Goa’uld, besides also being a type of warship?
DaMan chapter 52 . 10/19/2018
A piece of art. Well done.
Guest chapter 4 . 7/18/2018
Waffen XX :D That was funny! Also sounds like something they might come up with if this was reality.
Fernix13 chapter 52 . 7/6/2018
Love this story, perfectly balanced lore time and fighting time, nice conversations and character development. Amd you convinced me to finally play enemy within witg long war mod.
879 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 .. Last Next »