Reviews for TMNT: Loser
GirlzRule312 chapter 1 . 1/12/2013
I 3'ed this. Nothing like I'd expect, thx SO much for writing it! :)
BubblyShell22 chapter 1 . 2/3/2012
Wow. This was an awesome story. I really like Amber and can see why Raph looks out for her. I also like his perspective on the people who are in this situation along the street. Yeah, he judged them before, but now he knows better that they have lives too and that they do what they do to help others even if it may be illegal. A lot of people don't see it that way. They judge people for being prostitutes, drug dealers, and even thieves without really knowing their backstories beforehand. I feel sorry for Amber more than anything for how she lives, but I like how tough she is and how she doesn't let anyone push her around. Nicely done, Bee.

The Bubbly One,

Shell
Hot-Blooded Reader chapter 1 . 1/22/2011
That was a pretty good story. I love Amber. I wish there was a chapter two! Thank you letting us read this.
Kallasilya chapter 1 . 7/17/2008
I've finally got around to this (sorry)! And I'm already hooked on Amber. I can tell she's going to be an absolutely awesome OC.

More reviews to come as I keep reading :D
morning sun chapter 1 . 3/17/2008
Wow.

This was so great, and now I'm anxious as hell to read the rest. Raphael just has so much depth, and there are so many places an author can take him, but this is a new one.

I love it. It’s original and well written and very addictive. You had me hooked at the first paragraph. Your words paint a picture, and I love when a story captures that without boring me to death. You capture the scene very well. And you express opinions and views in a way that would show someone truth. You write things that should be talked about more often, things that shouldn’t be so taboo. It’s a very beautiful way to write… I’m jealous. :)

Anyway, I’m off to read more about Amber… who is a great character for Raph to interact with. She’s interesting and real and believable, which are all very good things. Remarkable job so far, and this is already one of my favorites.
Firebrat chapter 1 . 1/25/2008
Good story, lass. I like the way you wrote about your character from the POV of an established character, makes her feel more of a part of the same universe. Raphael was a natural choice (but then he's my favourite, so I might be a little biased). I'm a fan of tales that stick up for the underdogs...sometimes it's nice to be reminded that people aren't scum just because they live in society's low places.
Swallowraven chapter 1 . 10/2/2007
Oh, I love this! Raphael's voice is perfect. Amber is perfect. She's not a chliche, or an example of how "bad choices" ruin you, or a saint forced into the situation by poverty and love for her baby child like some damn Le Miserable character, or a mouthpiece for the author to moralize on social issues, or someone who needs saving. She's simply a fully realized, interesting, likeable human being. Well done.
Sassyblondexoxo chapter 1 . 8/2/2007
Hey babe!

You got some pretty well known fantastic writers to review this story...I'm funny, when I pick out things to read, I usually look at who has reviewed. If good writers are reviewing, that's usually a stamp of approval.

I was impressed. I liked your style, I liked your message. And I like what your oc gave to the story...especially this part:

She stands up abruptly and strides over to the fire escape, lookin’ up into the darkness, straight at me. I back up a step or two, unnerved by her proximity. “Well, I’m telling you right now. I chose this life. I got a habit and no plans to quit. I like my life. I got no bills to pay, no home to keep, no obligations, nothin’ owed to no one. Just me. I like what I do. I’m free. Plenty of work, plenty of cash. No boss. If I wanna take a night off, I can. “ A smile quirked her lips. “Though we both know I’m a workaholic. And I look out for my sisters and take care of my clients. I’m no hero like you are, baby, but I keep an eye out on mine.”

I have a feeling that a bit of that comes from your own life? Excellent job, a fascinating one shot from a fascinating person. Looking forward to more from you.

SASSY
Winnychan chapter 1 . 7/5/2007
This story left me speechless. It was really, very well done! I must agree with what everyone here and on SS is saying about your captivating OC for this story. Not seen many authors come up with OCs that were anywhere near as interesting and well-executed as your portrayal of Amber here. Great job! I look forward to more TMNT fics from you.
Jaganashi chapter 1 . 7/4/2007
This story was recommended on Stealthy Stories, and I finally found the time to review!

I really love this. The OC is very believable and well-portrayed. Raph's character and dialogue were dead-on. It was a very good read, and I particularly enjoyed how realistic and detailed it was. Such vivid imagery! Awesome job!
GreenWillow chapter 1 . 7/4/2007
Well done. I like this harsh reality view- from-the streets. You've set Amber outside most of our stereotypes and she rings true.

Raphael's refusal to be seen is poignant. You've captured that theme of the Turtles' isolation very well.

I'm looking forward to seeing more Turtle fics from you.o)

GW
Tori Angeli chapter 1 . 7/3/2007
Wow. This is great stuff. I'm honestly not quite sure what else to say, except that I'd love it if you continued it. There aren't many OFCs that I can actually get invested in, and this is one.
Dierdre chapter 1 . 7/2/2007
This was a fan-damn-tastic piece of writing, chica. I could hear Raph's voice clearly in my head throughout, and Amber is a compelling, multifaceted character. I like her, I truly do, which is something I don't say too often in regards to original characters in fanfiction.

I hope that you will write another fic featuring her, as well as more TMNT stories in general. Stick with us TMNT fans; we're an odd bunch, but we'll treat you well! *Saves to favorites*
hollyberry29 chapter 1 . 7/2/2007
I love this... Amber's character is so... real, and I love her relationship with Raphael. Keep up the GREAT work!