Reviews for Deliberate Speed
hedwiggins chapter 7 . 8/4/2011
Very much enjoyed this story. And I LOVED Sam's wild ride, even though she wound up getting caught. And enjoyed how the women police officers wanted a chance to have a later (good-natured from the sound of it) bike challenge with her, and were suitably impressed with Sam's riding skills.

Also liked that Jack didn't go into "superior reprimanding subordinate" mode; he was really there for her instead.
7 League Boots chapter 7 . 12/17/2009
SG_1rocks:

Thanks much for reviewing. Totally agree that Sam on her bike was a major absence after teasing us with it! Glad you enjoyed it.

Happy Holidays, safe New Year's -

7LB
SG1rocks chapter 7 . 10/23/2009
I just came across this story. Its bloody brilliant. I always have so much respect for authors who 'get' Sam and you really do. I just love that motorcycle scene. It always annoyed me that in the series they gave up glimpses of Carter's motorcycle obssession, but we never got to see her in action, even once. Thanks for rectifying that.

I read your profile and saw some of your intendid works in progress. I hope you are working on some of them. Especially the Baal and Carter one. So here is hoping your muse is blessing you with lots of ideas. Thanks so much for this gem of a story.
Acetoorion chapter 7 . 1/20/2008
Great fic, absolutly loved the bike chase and aftermath in parts two and three. I've never been a huge Sam/Jack fan, but their interactions were believable and true to character, and certainly entertaining to read. It's always 'nice' to read a reaction on Sam's part to her time with Fifth, it always seemed like something that was left undone, and this was a great way of dealing with it. I like your writing style, too; the words flowed together well and really pulled you into what the characters were thinking and feeling, particularly Sam's sleep-deprived thoughts. Thanks for sharing.
fan chapter 7 . 11/29/2007
awesome story! I loved the character interactions. I loved Jack and Sam! sigh. I remember watching New Order and wondering what happened to Sam after that? Fifth was torturing her to no end and Sam was begging for him to stop it. How did she cope? How did she get through it because it couldn't have been for the story. :)
mara-anni chapter 7 . 8/11/2007
Oh, I loved it!

Great ending with the promotion and I absolutely loved the interaction between Sam and Jack in this chapter, I could have read pages and pages of just those too chatting. Oh and the fork duel over the food was a great personal touch.

Thanks for another fine story :)
Neiths Arrow chapter 7 . 7/27/2007
OMG! I had bypassed your story until you posted the last chapter. Boy am I glad I read it. It was fantastic. You caught Sam's internal voice. She is hard to write, but you did a very believable job. The storyline and invisible events that took place between Colonel and General Jack explained the unexplained transition that took place between Seasons. It was such a major change. I had actually started watching the show at that time. My favorites have always been the first seven seasons, but your story helped explain the change in Sam - maybe I'll pay more attention to Season eight. I especially liked the interactions between the pissed off General and his errant Major as well as the understanding CO who revealed more of himself to help Carter - ending in their newfound comfort with each other as she moves on. Your story and writing were brilliant. Definitely a keeper.
sg1 huge fan chapter 7 . 7/26/2007
great story, sad 2 c it end! Speedy forks LOL!
kathystr chapter 7 . 7/26/2007
I just now read this story from start to finish and really enjoyed it. Great idea, great dynamic between Sam and Jack. I would like to suggest that you do an epilogue and have it be of the bike race between Sam and the cops. Have it after her breakup with Pete, and Jack, Daniel, and Teal'c are all there. That way you can really show the change in the relationship between Sam and Jack. Again, great job; look forward to reading more from you. Kathy
janissima chapter 7 . 7/26/2007
Many kudos to you on a great ending! I absolutely loved the fact that the transitions on base didn't effect their relationship. And there was that sweet, hidden moment in Jack's slip of the tongue when he called Sam the thorn "At" his side! Gave me hope! I really liked how you ended it with the moment for the show itself when Sam was promoted by Jack. Superb job!

Now, I think you should write another fic where it's OK for Sam to be clingy...with Jack of course! :)
BettyHall223 chapter 7 . 7/26/2007
Just read this from start to finish. You had my attention from the very start. Loved the dialogue between Jack and Sam and it was interesting to see a different side of Sam. Terrific story.
Rachel500 chapter 7 . 7/26/2007
I've really enjoyed this. Lots of nice shippy hints and the characters in-character. Loved them effectively dealing with the fact Jack was general and what that meant for their relationship. Good stuff. Rachel :)
dp chapter 7 . 7/26/2007
Very nice job to you and Luzita. Great story.
Josephine Martin chapter 7 . 7/26/2007
A wonderful story that could so easily fit into canon. I enjoyed the whole thing immensely. Thank you.
mummi troll chapter 7 . 7/26/2007
Great ending, although it saddens me she stayed with Pete - but hey, it's true to the series and we all know their relationship won't last...

Loved the relaxed mood between Sam and Jack. After so many years of tension they deserve it!

Thanks for a great story!