Reviews for Ocean Heart
BreckinxM chapter 1 . 11/20/2010
I adore the little odd pairing of Tia/Calypso and Lizzie.

Not sure why but I do and, after reading this story, I have a better idea of why.

This was very beautiful and very impactful.

My favorite line:

Ten years is, after all, a very long time; and her heart is like the ocean.

I personally love the title of Ocean Heart.

You did wonderfully all around.

- BreckinxM
A Road Unturning chapter 1 . 7/28/2010
A refreshing, delicately written, sensitive character study. Your conclusions were apt, emotional and fleshed out well. Lovely work.
Durga Kali chapter 1 . 11/3/2009
i really love this story. it is not just written very good but truely speaks out of my heart. i always hated the idea of her just sitting on that island waiting and fading away. Because just as Tia said, she was king and free and my opinion is that she should stay just that - free. She fought so hard for that.

Also, just because she lets say occupies herself in the meantime doesnt mean she wont be back after those ten years and meet Will again. (even if I am a more Jack/lizzy fan lol and think she should be with him because they are just two of a same ;) )

Anyway, it doesnt mean she betrays him because if he truelly loves her he will see it the same way, that she deserves to be just that. After all isnt that what is one of her best part in character the need to fight for freedom and long for it. If he truelly loves her he will understand and wouldnt want her to just wast away in loneliness. I love your story it gives me somehow hope for her character to go on and do great things and just be.

thank you a lot for writing and sharing this piece.
MrsPeelWe'reNeeded chapter 1 . 2/7/2009
A great story. Very good.
kncrowder88 chapter 1 . 12/27/2007
This is really good great job.
Arraya chapter 1 . 8/29/2007
wow! really good!
EvilKath chapter 1 . 7/10/2007
Beautiful and promising. I liked it a lot; very good writing.
JenCarpeDiem chapter 1 . 7/9/2007
That was heartbreaking and warming at the same time. I hate when Calypso is portrayed as a bad Goddess instead of the maternal one she's supposed to be, so I loved that part of this. Good job. :)
scelerus animus chapter 1 . 7/8/2007
Oh. I like this. Yes I do.
ICRepresentative chapter 1 . 7/5/2007
Whoa. This was an awesome story. I love the discussion between these two. Very beautiful writing.

It does, however, leave open the option that Elizabeth won't be waiting for Will later on. And that's not exactly canon with the after-the-credits ending. Maybe that's just my interpretation, but canonically she waits. She's not Tia Dalma, after all, and WIll is so much more than Davy Jones ever was. Tia and Jones were - i think - an example of how true love isn't really love if its based on power or jealousy. Will and Elizabeth's relationship is what Tia and Jones' should have been: pure, dedicated, selfless.

That being said, I still love this. A beautiful story. Faving!
maddie chapter 1 . 7/3/2007
great beginning!

plz update soon

i hope this isn't a oneshot and that u'll continue this story
sleepylotus chapter 1 . 7/3/2007
just lovely, as usual! great angst, and I love the way you write calypso! i look forward to seeing where her ocean heart will take elizabeth next.
Stoneage Woman chapter 1 . 7/3/2007
A lovely piece. I too thought that ten years was far too long. Jack would have made a much better Davy Jones. I liked the paralells drawn between Elizabeth and Calypso. Very fitting. Loved the enigmatic ending. Very well done.
a muggle named Caity chapter 1 . 7/3/2007
So, does this mean Elizabeth is going to be like Calypso and not wait for Will to return? You did a wonderful job on your story, just that part confused me.
tanith75 chapter 1 . 7/3/2007
That was beautiful. I loved the comparisons between Tia and Lizzie. They are such similar women.

And I love this,

"She wonders if either of the men who have left her here thought about what would happen to her, afterwards. Both of them sailing away to their horizons."

I wonder if the writers gave any thought to it, either?