Reviews for In Afghanistan
90TheGeneral09 chapter 1 . 3/5
Well, this is a political poem so it's inviting a political response. Better be aware of that if you aren't already. Is this about the Gulf War, the Iraq War, or Afghanistan? Or all three? I'm not sure. The poem is "okay" at best, a little rambling and not always spot-on about rhyming and structure. Doesn't do anything for me as a work of literature, but I'm no aficionado of poetry so maybe my word's not the best on this kind of thing anyway. So, the political commentary. You believe, I am gathering, that Canada should have stayed out of the fighting in the Gulf, Iraq and Afghanistan. The United Nations are meant as a means of maintaining peace around the world, including coalitions of military forces used for peacekeeping missions. But sometimes keeping the peace requires going to war. In the case of the Gulf War, Saddam Hussein had invaded and annexed Kuwait and was threatening Saudi Arabia. Exactly how much is staying out and doing nothing really worth? And whose tanks are you talking about? The Iraqis, the Kuwaitis, the US- who? They all worked fine. Iraq's tanks were just old. And what exactly is it that Canadians do, that Dutch, British, French and Americans are unwilling to do? I'd like to know. I also regard the Darfur comparison as inappropriate and invalid. But that's just me.
Zaio chapter 1 . 12/1/2007
Can't say I agree with you, and the Darfur part kinda pissed me off if you mean the UN or American soldiers are murderers. I respect your opinoin though and seeing as your Canadain you make sense so whatever good poem.
jackal762 chapter 1 . 9/13/2007
wow... thats powerful stuff, but i like it, and its so true, it really is
its-a-four-letter-word chapter 1 . 7/3/2007