Reviews for Overheard
shie0917 chapter 1 . 6/6/2011
omg! this was hilarious! sadly, these kinds of gossipers are everywhere! but the whole tone that you gave them was so realistic! great story!
MinervaEvenstar chapter 1 . 7/5/2010
::giggles:: Very creative! :-)
ladydhampir chapter 1 . 10/22/2008
ah...old vultures and old bags who cant do anything but gossip... .tst.
C.Queen chapter 1 . 10/4/2007
Sweet. This is every party in every century, since time began. Women standign around gossiping about everyone around them and then belittling those who are doign the exact same thing.

Nice.
tati1 chapter 1 . 7/9/2007
*grins* Lovely.
Guardian-381 chapter 1 . 7/8/2007
You're two for two with me, Astra! :) This story is so beautifully entertaining, and I was having flashes of the "Ruby Brown" scene where Florian says that "Most of the details of my life are legendary among the women of Paris". Do you suppose he overheard these two? Or, possibly, one of the countless others like them. :P

Usually, I don't like re-hashings of manga events, but I very much enjoyed your summary of the first story arc: in fact, I believe it was more entertaining than the canon. Great job there as well!

Finally, the ending... oh, my, absolutely perfect. I wonder whether these women recognize their own hypocrisy, or whether they would care about it if they did. It's a rare writer who can use fanfiction (especially a short piece like this) to both entertain and to make a social comment, and you've done it so effortlessly and seamlessly that I, quite frankly, am envious. ;) Oh, and extra points for the exclusive use of dialogue.

Excellent job, Astra. I can't wait to read more from you! :)
lavendertea chapter 1 . 7/5/2007
It was hilarious reading this story and imagining the tone of voice these women were using in conversation. The fact that they are just like the gossips and vultures they pretend not to be is funny, but at the same time, perfectly human.
Chairleg01 chapter 1 . 7/5/2007
Overheard was a very realistic story about gossip. I could just see two overdressed matrons gossiping about Florian and Ray while eager to snap up any detail they might find at the party to pass on to others. It was a very good snapshot of life at a party. You did an excellent job.
Kirin Morgenstern chapter 1 . 7/5/2007
Gossip in perfection! To use only dialogue to paint such a brightly colored picture- I can see them... and it makes me smile like a maniac.
Yuki Hi Hono'o chapter 1 . 7/4/2007
I love it x3

Well written, and very sweet ;3
GreenEyedFloozy-BackInBusiness chapter 1 . 7/4/2007
Awesome. Totally love it.
Lady Black Cat chapter 1 . 7/3/2007
Hee hee hee! They're sounding like yaoi fangirls! I like that!