Reviews for An Old Friend
Xiilnek chapter 1 . 6/26/2013
That was perfect. I'm not awake enough to really grasp all there is to love about this, but. Yes. Perfect character voices, and I really like that you grasped that, with different memories, they really would be different people. (It's been a while since I've read the books, so if I sound like I don't quite know what's going on there, that's why. But I think I've mostly got it.)

But yes. This isn't a great review but I did want to say that I really enjoyed this, and shall be adding it to my favorites shortly. Thank you for writing it.
Lorina Dante chapter 1 . 3/24/2011
Great one-shot, I really loved it. It's been a while since I read the books, but when I read I instanly recongnised the characters, and the scenes felt like something that could've happened.

Good Dark Tower fics seem to be very rare, I'm very glad I found this one. :)
MyLifeIsaSKnovel chapter 1 . 3/24/2010
I have oftem dwelled upon these possible events and fear I live in the after effects of something greater. This is wonderfully written and makes me want ever so much more. I think you are a very talented writer and I have so many ideas about this type of thing that I would love to share with you as I am not the writer I would like to be. My scattered brain and thoughts arranged in chaos make that impossible. Please do the world a favor and continue to write.
Iken chapter 1 . 12/13/2007
I just finished the Dark Tower novel yesterday and felt very sad on the deaths of Eddie, Jake and Oy. Fortunately, an alternate reality was presented at the end of the novel. I wondered how it would have turned out.

Thanks for a great introductory chapter. It was hurt and full of hope. I would have preferred more about Jake since he is my favorite character.

I'd love to read more of this story and hope you put up a new chapter soon.
Melospiza chapter 1 . 11/23/2007
This was very interesting, however, I did have a couple of problems with it.

First of all, I'm pretty sure Susannah's legs were amputated above the knee. Generally speaking, prosthetics are only available to people who lost their legs below the knee.

Also, the reference to Nirvana is quite out of place. Susannah found Eddie and Jake in 1987, and Nirvana wasn't around then.

Other than that, not bad.
Ersatz chapter 1 . 9/24/2007
Very well written and very poignant.

As much as I'd like to see more, I think this stands well as a one-shot...but than I am a fan of ambiguous endings :)

Good work.
GofG chapter 1 . 8/9/2007
Waiting impatiently for chapter two!

I like this. I've seen a few fics that show what happens to Roland afterward, and they usually fall flat. Of course, there's another untold story! Continue telling it!
GuesssWho chapter 1 . 7/19/2007