Reviews for Between the Black and White
shadows chapter 11 . 4/15
Wow, it's been a while. Not just since this story was updated, but also since I last stopped by. I found myself randomly nostalgic for the Death Note fandom lately and immediately remembered you as my favorite writer and still had this story and Desideratum bookmarked from some six years ago. There've been a few chapters added here since I last read it and I thoroughly enjoyed rereading it from the beginning. This was my favorite of your stories and it's still fantastic now, so many years later. I love the dynamic between these two characters, and your style of writing is so compelling and captivating. Hope things are going well for you these days!
awesomegirl13 chapter 11 . 3/21
Ahhh you said 4 years ago you'd already started on the next chapter, so I'm trying to hold on to the faintest hopes! I loved this. Everyone was actually in character, and it was great. The plot was intriguing and I've been doing nothing but read this since I found it. I love you.
narutolover39 chapter 11 . 3/19
Ugh, I really do hope you continue this some day, because this, along with Desideratum, is driving me nuts not knowing what comes next Can't even begin to explain how much I love your writing! )
mamita chapter 11 . 2/3
Hello, I liked your fic, hopefully more chapters up soon follow that Light is sometimes silly, does not realize that the L considers his best friend and he feels something more for him, and that it considered your friend has long as L fact, and does, or that it was something bad or disgusting feeling that for L, did not like me much drama and angst, but it was not bad, I would have liked to see more development in the relationship L and Light, and bad, they throw the blame on L of all, I would have liked to see more action between them, I love how L dominates Light that bad are all with Aomine and I think it goes a little Kagami yet, hehe, my favorite couple is LxLight provided that Light will be the uke is so cute, but it's a shame because there are very few fics of them so, hopefully make more fics of those two, you keep it up, thanks and kisses.
penumbra owl chapter 8 . 1/7
L made a remark that chaos was part of the mortal reality, and that it is was simply part of humanity. Wouldn't that make Kira simply a creation of chaos and a natural part of humanity's attributes? After all, chaos is change at its most fundamental, and Kira greatest desire is world revolution - one of the most stereotypically altering human-made events in history. L might be hypocritical in that regard, but hey, its not like he can't be human, which he is which makes it so much better than trying to create someone 'perfect'. Flaws, after all, are what make us interesting.

Anyways, I truly love this story, as both Kira and L are defined characters and each have their own, legitimate reasons for believing they are superior and right, which makes for an very interesting read emotion/mental-wise. Also, the attraction between the two (especially from L to Light) is very compelling and unique. You have a beautiful writing style with amazing attention to just the right amount of detail for this sort of story, and you have created a world that is so much deeper than the archetypical Kira/Light and L/Ryuuzaki drama. Plus, I adore how you use the different names and personas of the two characters to highlight and emphasis key themes both personal (friendship, emotion, etc.) and public (right and wrong, to kill or not, law, justice, etc.).

Thank you so very much!
oim chapter 11 . 8/24/2013
5 years. Update now.
Pleaseeee. The situation withIn is witnessed up!
kim chapter 10 . 8/24/2013
You analyze Death Note so well.
kim chapter 8 . 8/24/2013
Both are corrupt and cruel. I love how you used both sides in the story. And... is B the ghost?
Lol, Mello is a Catholic.
kim chapter 7 . 8/24/2013
Yyyeeeaaaaahhhhhhh
kim chapter 6 . 8/23/2013
This is getting really good.
kim chapter 3 . 8/22/2013
Amazing! This is probably the deepest story I've read that's from you.
kim chapter 1 . 8/21/2013
Once again, beautiful metaphors. And I love your analysis.
Obelisk357 chapter 1 . 8/10/2013
A professional author quality work. I am sorry this hasn't been updated for quite a few years but I've popped a follow on it and I can live in hope.
Ceylon205 chapter 11 . 7/1/2013
I really do hope you finish this one day! The premise is fantastic and Light and L are so insanely in-character that this feels like a totally natural extension of canon. A thousand kudos to you!
featherwing25 chapter 11 . 6/4/2013
That was amazing! You better update soon.