Reviews for Between the Black and White
Guest chapter 1 . 12/19/2017
Even if you don't plan to write more of this, you should still upload what you have to AO3 so more people can enjoy it. This is a brilliant piece of writing.
nosolitudeIamaTRICKSTER chapter 11 . 11/22/2017
Serria, listen to me.

You don't finish chapters with "Already started the next chapter!" and not update in over seven years.

(j/k, I know what it's like for life to come in between a writer and transformative works)

If you ever get the time or motivation, please update. The implementation of Beyond Birthday in this fic is good and still one of the best, the slow burn between L and Light is super super great, and the writing is still magnifique. I'll make you fanart, I'll do gift fic, serve as a beta reader, whatever you want. The Death Note community is still alive and kicking after all these years and it has even gotten a boost in membership after The Adaptation That Shall Not Be Named came out. You still have an audience, and you're still a star!

Anyway. Even if you never update again, know that I'll keep coming back to this fic and honestly all of your other DN stuff just for a re-read.

Your fan even after all this time,
nosolitudeIamaTRICKSTER
Bibliophile AKA Ima chapter 11 . 11/4/2017
Not abandoned, huh... I wish I could believe that... Well, not really: I don't want to get my hopes up for something so unlikely. It's been literally a decade, after all, apparently.
Great story so far!
Gues chapter 11 . 8/26/2017
Anyone else here in 2017? This is the fic that started it all for me and i will never stop believing that someday it will update.
Atemue chapter 11 . 6/23/2017
Shiiiiiit, I didn't notice first that this story is not finished. When I finally saw, I was already too deep into it and could not stop reading. I like the whole idea. I've seen the one or other idea of L winning and keeping Light alive, but I think this is one of the most interesting and complex stories I stumbled over so far. I'm a bit sad to realise that this has been abandoned now, considering that the last update has been ten years ago.

You'r writing is really good, I don't think there is anything lacking even with your stay in Japan. The only thing I noticed that sometimes there was the one or other really tiny slip of the pen, a wrong word or a double word, but nothing that would really destroy the reading flow, so don't worry.

I also like the slow burn of the whole story development and I fully support your intention for Light and L not to end up as "just a yaoi pair". So far it feels natural and realistic how everything is coming into place, especially considering this is L and Light and who they are.

Anyway, all in all, great writing so far, this has been a joyride. Would have loved to find out how this ends, but don't worry I understand that sometimes real life and other circumstances simply might cause changes in life that means plans and even the best intentions change. Happened to me as well.

Sincerely

Atemue
bartlettpear chapter 11 . 12/30/2016
I think it is pretty sexy you kept it ambiguous. The relationship between L and Light, their arguments, dynamics and everything have been exquisite to follow. I am Pro-Kira, I was on the edge of my seat when it seemed like L could possibly be persuaded even though it didn't seem like that would make sense lol I love their easy teamwork. Thank you for writing this story and your other ones too. I hope life is treating you well and you are warm and safe wherever you may be.
bartlettpear chapter 1 . 12/28/2016
I had chills when Watari talked about executing Light as though they were discussing the weather. I like how Light took the opportunity to solve other Cades because it was still parallel to his mission to cleanse the world of crime just a different mean to go about it. L dislocating? Light's fingers was scary.
Adfgoope chapter 10 . 6/14/2016
2016.06。。。。。cannot wait for an update though you seem to ditch them...how sad...gonna driving me crazy because this is definitely the best of the best DN fanfic I have ever read! Eager to know what will happen Between light and L and things about redemption and happy ever after...you know, whenever the plot came to the body touch (fighting or kiss) ,I just cannot stop feeling thrilled and my heart is just beating sooooo fast ,my cheek flushed ,how brilliant your story is... Anyway ,thanks you so very for bringing me such a big feat to read!

-a reader from Shanghai
Ryuk chapter 11 . 1/22/2016
Lmao reading this in 2016 how lost am i ?
Guest chapter 1 . 1/6/2016
Wow. So you probably won't ever read this since I think this fic is probably abandoned (though I continue to hold out hope). I've never actually written a review on here before. Anyway, I think this is without a doubt the best piece of fan fiction written in this entire fandom, and believe me, I've looked for something to replace it. Before I read this, I didn't really read fan fiction except very occasionally when I was extremely bored/procrastinating something particularly onerous...usually I ended up regretting not doing something else since a lot of fan fiction is uh, to put it delicately, not that great. Anyway, I was in total DN withdrawal so out of desperation I actually turned to fan fiction and stumbled across this. Not only was it not bad, it was actually good. Really, really good. Your writing is wonderful. Your characters grow believable and yet they stay true to the original vision of the fandom. They are actually in character, and the whole story has that DN feel right down to the mind games, just with an added dimension. Anyway, after finishing this I basically went on an exhaustive search through he fandom since I was now in withdrawal from the wonderful, engaging world you created. I found a few other good pieces that I liked - so thanks for getting me into a new pastime. Still, this is without a doubt the best fic, and I will continue to hope that you update it, or at least write a brief little ending. I mean, you could almost end it where you left off. Anyway, thanks for creating a great piece, and pretty please with a cherry on top come back and update some day?
Guest chapter 11 . 9/29/2015
I love how Light and L play God in a way and then B balances them as sort of the devil ( ya know whispering in Mello's ear so he can manipulate him and corrupt his innocence). I hope this story starts updating someday! I'd love to see how the L/Light v. Beyond thing pans out.
Guest chapter 11 . 4/25/2015
Love this fic so much!
I imagine L will be sent to bed without supper when Watari gets back and finds out he's hooking up with Light.
Interested to see where B's various manoeuvrings will lead to as well as what Ryuk is up to (something with Mikami I presume).
Thanks for writing this!
katerinlawliet chapter 11 . 1/9/2015
Soooooo... Are you going to post an update yet? Hahaha! 2015 on the calendar, hmmm?
shadows chapter 11 . 4/15/2014
Wow, it's been a while. Not just since this story was updated, but also since I last stopped by. I found myself randomly nostalgic for the Death Note fandom lately and immediately remembered you as my favorite writer and still had this story and Desideratum bookmarked from some six years ago. There've been a few chapters added here since I last read it and I thoroughly enjoyed rereading it from the beginning. This was my favorite of your stories and it's still fantastic now, so many years later. I love the dynamic between these two characters, and your style of writing is so compelling and captivating. Hope things are going well for you these days!
inescapablesuffering chapter 11 . 3/21/2014
Ahhh you said 4 years ago you'd already started on the next chapter, so I'm trying to hold on to the faintest hopes! I loved this. Everyone was actually in character, and it was great. The plot was intriguing and I've been doing nothing but read this since I found it. I love you.