Reviews for Between the Black and White
Atemue chapter 11 . 6/23
Shiiiiiit, I didn't notice first that this story is not finished. When I finally saw, I was already too deep into it and could not stop reading. I like the whole idea. I've seen the one or other idea of L winning and keeping Light alive, but I think this is one of the most interesting and complex stories I stumbled over so far. I'm a bit sad to realise that this has been abandoned now, considering that the last update has been ten years ago.

You'r writing is really good, I don't think there is anything lacking even with your stay in Japan. The only thing I noticed that sometimes there was the one or other really tiny slip of the pen, a wrong word or a double word, but nothing that would really destroy the reading flow, so don't worry.

I also like the slow burn of the whole story development and I fully support your intention for Light and L not to end up as "just a yaoi pair". So far it feels natural and realistic how everything is coming into place, especially considering this is L and Light and who they are.

Anyway, all in all, great writing so far, this has been a joyride. Would have loved to find out how this ends, but don't worry I understand that sometimes real life and other circumstances simply might cause changes in life that means plans and even the best intentions change. Happened to me as well.

Sincerely

Atemue
ranoshi chapter 11 . 12/30/2016
I think it is pretty sexy you kept it ambiguous. The relationship between L and Light, their arguments, dynamics and everything have been exquisite to follow. I am Pro-Kira, I was on the edge of my seat when it seemed like L could possibly be persuaded even though it didn't seem like that would make sense lol I love their easy teamwork. Thank you for writing this story and your other ones too. I hope life is treating you well and you are warm and safe wherever you may be.
ranoshi chapter 1 . 12/28/2016
I had chills when Watari talked about executing Light as though they were discussing the weather. I like how Light took the opportunity to solve other Cades because it was still parallel to his mission to cleanse the world of crime just a different mean to go about it. L dislocating? Light's fingers was scary.
Adfgoope chapter 10 . 6/14/2016
2016.06。。。。。cannot wait for an update though you seem to ditch them...how sad...gonna driving me crazy because this is definitely the best of the best DN fanfic I have ever read! Eager to know what will happen Between light and L and things about redemption and happy ever after...you know, whenever the plot came to the body touch (fighting or kiss) ,I just cannot stop feeling thrilled and my heart is just beating sooooo fast ,my cheek flushed ,how brilliant your story is... Anyway ,thanks you so very for bringing me such a big feat to read!

-a reader from Shanghai
Ryuk chapter 11 . 1/22/2016
Lmao reading this in 2016 how lost am i ?
Guest chapter 1 . 1/6/2016
Wow. So you probably won't ever read this since I think this fic is probably abandoned (though I continue to hold out hope). I've never actually written a review on here before. Anyway, I think this is without a doubt the best piece of fan fiction written in this entire fandom, and believe me, I've looked for something to replace it. Before I read this, I didn't really read fan fiction except very occasionally when I was extremely bored/procrastinating something particularly onerous...usually I ended up regretting not doing something else since a lot of fan fiction is uh, to put it delicately, not that great. Anyway, I was in total DN withdrawal so out of desperation I actually turned to fan fiction and stumbled across this. Not only was it not bad, it was actually good. Really, really good. Your writing is wonderful. Your characters grow believable and yet they stay true to the original vision of the fandom. They are actually in character, and the whole story has that DN feel right down to the mind games, just with an added dimension. Anyway, after finishing this I basically went on an exhaustive search through he fandom since I was now in withdrawal from the wonderful, engaging world you created. I found a few other good pieces that I liked - so thanks for getting me into a new pastime. Still, this is without a doubt the best fic, and I will continue to hope that you update it, or at least write a brief little ending. I mean, you could almost end it where you left off. Anyway, thanks for creating a great piece, and pretty please with a cherry on top come back and update some day?
Guest chapter 11 . 9/29/2015
I love how Light and L play God in a way and then B balances them as sort of the devil ( ya know whispering in Mello's ear so he can manipulate him and corrupt his innocence). I hope this story starts updating someday! I'd love to see how the L/Light v. Beyond thing pans out.
Guest chapter 11 . 4/25/2015
Love this fic so much!
I imagine L will be sent to bed without supper when Watari gets back and finds out he's hooking up with Light.
Interested to see where B's various manoeuvrings will lead to as well as what Ryuk is up to (something with Mikami I presume).
Thanks for writing this!
katerinlawliet chapter 11 . 1/9/2015
Soooooo... Are you going to post an update yet? Hahaha! 2015 on the calendar, hmmm?
shadows chapter 11 . 4/15/2014
Wow, it's been a while. Not just since this story was updated, but also since I last stopped by. I found myself randomly nostalgic for the Death Note fandom lately and immediately remembered you as my favorite writer and still had this story and Desideratum bookmarked from some six years ago. There've been a few chapters added here since I last read it and I thoroughly enjoyed rereading it from the beginning. This was my favorite of your stories and it's still fantastic now, so many years later. I love the dynamic between these two characters, and your style of writing is so compelling and captivating. Hope things are going well for you these days!
MajorGodComplex chapter 11 . 3/21/2014
Ahhh you said 4 years ago you'd already started on the next chapter, so I'm trying to hold on to the faintest hopes! I loved this. Everyone was actually in character, and it was great. The plot was intriguing and I've been doing nothing but read this since I found it. I love you.
daringidiot chapter 11 . 3/19/2014
Ugh, I really do hope you continue this some day, because this, along with Desideratum, is driving me nuts not knowing what comes next Can't even begin to explain how much I love your writing! )
mamita chapter 11 . 2/3/2014
Hello, I liked your fic, hopefully more chapters up soon follow that Light is sometimes silly, does not realize that the L considers his best friend and he feels something more for him, and that it considered your friend has long as L fact, and does, or that it was something bad or disgusting feeling that for L, did not like me much drama and angst, but it was not bad, I would have liked to see more development in the relationship L and Light, and bad, they throw the blame on L of all, I would have liked to see more action between them, I love how L dominates Light that bad are all with Aomine and I think it goes a little Kagami yet, hehe, my favorite couple is LxLight provided that Light will be the uke is so cute, but it's a shame because there are very few fics of them so, hopefully make more fics of those two, you keep it up, thanks and kisses.
penumbra owl chapter 8 . 1/7/2014
L made a remark that chaos was part of the mortal reality, and that it is was simply part of humanity. Wouldn't that make Kira simply a creation of chaos and a natural part of humanity's attributes? After all, chaos is change at its most fundamental, and Kira greatest desire is world revolution - one of the most stereotypically altering human-made events in history. L might be hypocritical in that regard, but hey, its not like he can't be human, which he is which makes it so much better than trying to create someone 'perfect'. Flaws, after all, are what make us interesting.

Anyways, I truly love this story, as both Kira and L are defined characters and each have their own, legitimate reasons for believing they are superior and right, which makes for an very interesting read emotion/mental-wise. Also, the attraction between the two (especially from L to Light) is very compelling and unique. You have a beautiful writing style with amazing attention to just the right amount of detail for this sort of story, and you have created a world that is so much deeper than the archetypical Kira/Light and L/Ryuuzaki drama. Plus, I adore how you use the different names and personas of the two characters to highlight and emphasis key themes both personal (friendship, emotion, etc.) and public (right and wrong, to kill or not, law, justice, etc.).

Thank you so very much!
oim chapter 11 . 8/24/2013
5 years. Update now.
Pleaseeee. The situation withIn is witnessed up!