Reviews for DeConstructed Life
Duckie Nicks chapter 5 . 9/11/2007
Yay, last chapter! This really has been an interesting journey - one that I never could have imagined Wilson taking without this fic. Overall, it's awesome to see where Wilson might have gotten his various ticks and what he may have experienced in his life. It's especially nice to see, given what little we know about him in canon.

Anyway, as for this specific chapter, this might be my favorite of the bunch. This is the perfect counterpart to the first chapter. Gone is the young and innocent Wilson. And instead, we have Wilson realizing that life definitely hasn't gone as planned. And you put this realization at a really interesting time, canonly speaking.

The Tritter arc really did test Wilson's faith in House, and so I think this is the perfect place for to have Wilson ruminate on how things might not have been perfect and how he wanted things to be differently. In other words, you didn't just have a random realization. You chose something that worked perfectly given canon.

I love how you tie in all the events of the first four chapters, especially the stuff with Robert.

Overall, this is a wonderful fic exploring Wilson's background in a way that I've never seen in House fic. This isn't a rehashing of what we already know; you've branched out here and brought in very plausible and creative ideas. And this isn't something that requires Wilson to have a lover in order to learn anything new. In short, this is just an awesome fic. :-)

You should be incredibly proud of these five chapters.
Duckie Nicks chapter 4 . 9/4/2007
Yay, a new chapter! First and foremost, I should say that I loved all the small wedding details. It added a nice touch of realism to the fic, and I really love Bonnie's fears about where to put House and stuff. This chapter was sad, but those little additions made it feel lighter.

Once again I loved how you incorporated the stuff from the past. At points, it's almost like a sucker punch, hehe. I mean there's obviously tension and problems throughout, but then there's the line about what the cancer is probably doing to Robert's body, and that just took it to a whole new level. Very sad.

But very, very well done. :-)
xyber116 chapter 4 . 9/3/2007
This is so great. I can't wait for more.
Duckie Nicks chapter 3 . 8/28/2007
Heh, I just realized that the titles for the chapters come from the quote you received for Fraternizing. :-) That's a nice way of incorporating the quote into the fic, even though you already have brought the idea in very well.

I like how this is kind of an unexpected reason why the two Wilson brothers would fight. But it's totally believable from both sides. Obviously James would want to treat his brother and wouldn't understand why Robert wouldn't ask for help. And you portrayed that very well.

The same can be said for how you deal with Robert. The changing point of views was well done. And I love how sad it is. Very well done. :-)
Rachel chapter 2 . 8/27/2007
I really enjoyed this chapter. You captured Wilson's sadness at a very unusual time - after he was a professional, but before he had enough experience to detach his emotions at the end of the day instead of bringing them home with him. Your portrait of Robert was lovely - a nice combination of the Wilson-family-nurturing style and the brother-comrade-proto-House style. Great last line, too. Thanks so much for writing!
Duckie Nicks chapter 2 . 8/21/2007
And it just keeps getting better. :-D Once again, you've incorporated things we know about the character and show us how all of that came about. I love the little touches like rubbing his neck and how that came from his father. It's the small stuff like that that make Wilson well rounded here.

Also, I really love Robert. It's an odd sort of comfort he offers here. It's not like he's trying to give James false hope. The reality is more patients of his will die, and I like that Robert says James will learn to deal with that and will essentially become really good at telling people they'll die/telling the family that a loved one has died. It's honest in that moment, and it holds true for who the character will become. Great job.
Duckie Nicks chapter 1 . 8/21/2007
I can't believe I haven't reviewed this. I am a fantastic beta who never misses a thing, clearly. ;-) Anyway, it should go without saying how cute young Wilson is. But in case it doesn't, hehe, he really is absolutely adorable. And I like how even though he's a kid, you start to incorporate things that are very Wilson-y into the character. I like how you get to see the beginnings of his personality - his desire to help people, for instance.

The title is awesome. Here you definitely have Wilson constructing a life for himself. It'll be interesting to see how that turns out. Very well done. :-)
Rachel chapter 1 . 7/4/2007
What a beautiful story! And an original idea - I'd never seen a story about Wilson's inspiration to become a doctor before. Of course many things didn't work out, as the opening quote reflects, but then again...many things did. Thanks for writing!
phoenixmagic1 chapter 1 . 7/3/2007
good job with this, it's interesting to see how Wilson chose to be an oncologist :)

God and peace