Reviews for Holding Pattern
charmony chapter 8 . 7/26/2012
I LOVED this...all three times. My very favourite characters are Kaylee and Simon, so having them front and centre, and in danger, just gripped me the whole way from start to finish. Then everyone is reunited and Adam is born...perfect ending. Great job!
Marcus S. Lazarus chapter 8 . 2/27/2012
A part of me wishes that you’d really shown Anya’s first meeting with the rest of the crew in detail after she and Zoe were rescued- she interacts well with everyone else, but I have a feeling it would have been rather interesting to see her first impressions of her new ‘family’-, but what you had was still interesting, to say nothing of the possibilities raised by Mal’s recent mission with the Operative.

The Jayne/Inara thing was a bit strange, of course- I followed how it started; I just find it a bit weird-, but you manage to explore it without making it too detailed, and in general I can see how they’ve come together to find a surprisingly effective balance.

The Reaver attack in this story was an excellent touch, giving Anya a chance to show her value to the crew as the subject of their accumulated knowledge rather than just a welcome but fundamentally ‘surplus’ passenger, while Simon’s put in an unquestionably difficult position that you manage to explore very well.

Plus, of course, that last scene was definitely rather moving; the first child of ‘Serenity’, accepted as part of their ever-expanding family just when they came so close to losing it...

Keep up the great work!
Alexander Derpington chapter 8 . 6/6/2009
Adam isn't what I would have named him, but a name's just a name, eh? I can see their wounded hearts healing. Great going.

I do think the bit where Simon and Kaylee try to raise Serenity but fail and immediately assume that the ship is lost is maybe a small bit out of character. Don't seem right that any of the crew would give up any other for dead that quickly.

Fantastic stuff, will read more. Thanks for the story!
Alexander Derpington chapter 1 . 6/3/2009
This is unrelated to this chapter, but I've always wanted to ask, did Mal and River practice unsafe sex or was it just that something broke? I don't think it was ever mentioned, but I'm curious.

Oh, and going on strong with the story. Thanks.
yesimadramaqueen chapter 8 . 2/3/2009
aw. this is way better than watching television, let me just say ] im so glad i found these!
librarywitch chapter 8 . 8/16/2008
Great Job!
Fififelicity chapter 8 . 3/25/2008
I've spent almost 24 hours on and off steadily reading through your series (It has seriously helped relieve the boredom of writing my dissertation) and I know by now you must be sick of my reviews but I thought you might like to know that the birth of Adam is the first bit of writing for a while that brought happy tears. It was lovely, you should be very proud!
emma134 chapter 8 . 9/2/2007
that was really good :)
Jayiin Mistaya chapter 3 . 8/26/2007
No rest for the wicked...

This is getting intense again; it's like reading a second season of Firefly, though - at this point, it feels more like a third season.
Jayiin Mistaya chapter 2 . 8/26/2007
Inara and Jayne might be running into some complications. I hope things keep going smooth for 'em. I like the dynamic they've got.

Poor River! I've seen a few friends go through pregnancy, and it's not a thing I'd want to experience (I hate to be an ass, but I'm glad I'm male sometimes) but Mal is being a gentleman about it.
Jayiin Mistaya chapter 1 . 8/26/2007
Idyllic beginning.

This worries me.
Transgenic-girl chapter 8 . 7/7/2007
Okay, so I've spent the last two days reading nothing but this series...and it's fantastic.

Everything's perfect. The characters are so vibrantly themselves, the jobs/missions went wonky as they always did. And there was even multiple completely original story arcs.

I loved this, this was amazing and I am (figuratively) dying for another installment.
Moxie-Proxie chapter 8 . 7/5/2007
Sweet mother, the last two scenes broke me and I'm trying not to sob all over my keyboard. Wow, that was just incredible. You have a wonderful way with words that doesn't feel over done but feels incredibly true both to characters and 'verse. You break my heart and make me laugh in the same scene. This was true joy to read. Chapter six when Simon and Kaylee were trapped had me going nuts with fear and anticipation. Anya is just a sweet delight that I can not find words to describe. I love your Mal and River, god they're just wonderfully rich and tender. Inara and Jayne took me by surprise and I really look forward to seeing what other places you might take them, I think they have great potential. Thank you so much for sharing this.
Moxie-Proxie chapter 6 . 7/5/2007
I'm speechless and crying. Crying and speechless. Anya, is killing me. Leaving Kaylee and Simon, my god so much amazingly painful emotion. And now I have to read the next chapter...
sweetnightmare chapter 8 . 7/5/2007
Oh my!

Aw! That was so well written! I love your fics. In fact, you've developed the characters so well I havent needed to watch the Series dvds to feed my addiction.

I cant wait for whatever you do next - because I know you can't leave us hanging.