Reviews for One Stroke
jenepeuxpaslecroire chapter 5 . 8/8/2008
I noticed your AN at the beginning mentioning you noticed the Shinra administration slipup-so forget I mentioned it.

You have managed to do something fantastic: you write Dr. Romera as a well-rounded character, but at the same throw Sephiroth's perspective of her at us, though his perspective does not alter our own view of her-yet. It is interesting. What I'm saying is that Sephiroth's opinion is not swaying my own perspective of this woman, yet.
jenepeuxpaslecroire chapter 4 . 8/8/2008
Haha "Evidence of Zackness was everywhere." Very cute Z/S interaction again here.
jenepeuxpaslecroire chapter 3 . 8/8/2008
Love this line: “Really? Probably from the fire.” Reno put on his best wide-eyed innocent look for the Soldier. There was nothing he liked better than hearing second hand about events that he himself had orchestrated.

Absolutely LOVE Zack being knocked out by Reno and not knowing it. Zack is so clueless half the time.

And... haha, this: Zack frowned at Reno, and then went back to his work. “You look OK. Besides, I was getting the feeling you deserved it.” Maybe he's not THAT clueless!

Totally in character for Rude: “Don’t look at me. I don’t know,” the big Turk said. Though, he'd probably just use a facial expression to say that. ;)

This chapter was fantastic. Each character was portrayed perfectly-loved the Zack/Sephiroth interaction with the Reno interruptions. :)
jenepeuxpaslecroire chapter 2 . 8/8/2008
Let me preface by saying this: This is YOUR story, and I understand creative license, etc. And I love your story as it is. But, here are my critical comments, which are not meant to be negative in any way, but just to be considered. :)

I LOVE Tseng's characterization-perfect!

I think you have Sephiroth's presence written well, but his character I think is a bit off. He talks like a regular 1st Class SOLDIER-not the General.

I'm not sure how much canon you are following, but Rufus didn't become president until much later than Zack's death at the end of Crisis Core. He was still VP until Sephiroth killed Shinra near the beginning of FFVII. Not that it matters for the story-just in case you plan on following the canon any.

Otherwise, so far, so good! :)

And now, on to the next chapter.
jenepeuxpaslecroire chapter 1 . 8/8/2008
I started reading this not knowing what it was going to be about-and usually the first chapter makes or breaks my intent to continue reading, and you have clearly surprised me. I am absolutely loving this. Your portrayals of Rude and Reno were spot-on and perfect-their comedic yet cold personalities (when it comes to death) were written well. Sephiroth's actions were in character, as well, though I wouldn't think he'd take the time to send Shinra an email (the action was humorous and calculating, though).
CNFB chapter 30 . 7/25/2008
I loved this! I just de-lurked myself. Wonderful story - that's a lot coming from someone who despises Mary Sues and such. Now keeping up with LL's continuation.
hotrodngold chapter 44 . 6/25/2008
Amazing end. I like how you brought the covo from earlier back in to the frey. Nice closure; it leaves a small gap for a sequal without feeling like a cliff hanger. It could easily end there... not that I want it to.

The thing with Seph rushing into Nebilheim all pissy is kinda confusing. Why did he think that Zack had betrayed him? And why didn't Zack just say so straight out?

Reno was funny as all shit. Great job on his character. Seph was kinda back and forth sometimes, but I liked him with a kid and a mental link to Vincent.

Tessa was almost a Mary Sue at some points for me, but you managed to steer clear everytime I thought she was getting too 'conveniant/perfect'.

I really did feel that Cloudy and Zack needed to get together, though. Just the fangirl in me, really.

Great story, again. Look forward to more of this 'verse.
hotrodngold chapter 23 . 6/24/2008
One, what the hell are 'cloves'?

Two, the falling through a roof thing made me think of Cloud. Ya know, when he still thought he was Zack.
Inarae chapter 44 . 6/11/2008
Very enjoyable. I like the plots of your fics, and I like that you write both het & yaoi...somehow it seems more real to me, like I trust you as a writer more (I know, oddness, but it's true). Your fics are very peaceful and relaxing...I never get the "oh my god" edge-of-my-seat shocked and scared feeling, which I miss a little, but they're fun and cohesive, and I have to say that I value those attributes more. So thank you very much for writing and sharing.

PS: sorry that this is a general review of your fics instead of an individual story-blame yourself for being an interesting enough writer that I wanted to read more immediately instead of writing a review! (Okay, so I'm just a lazy bum. Sorry.)
Karaii chapter 44 . 6/11/2008
Massively awesome fic. I've never loved OCs, much less paired with any main characters, but you pulled it off - brilliantly. I read the yaoi plot line (and the normal one, to see what I'd be missing out on if I'd followed your regular canon) and really enjoyed the way the threesome's relationship turned out. I am also extremely pleased you included Vincent, especially as Sephiroth's father. You got him in character, pin-point.

What a wonderful ride! I truly enjoyed reading this! Though you've said there will be no sequels, I'm still intrigued as to what Sephiroth's son (daughter?) would be like. That would've been interesting...in any case, I loved the ending. Few people can end a fic as well as you did. Congratulations! Thank you for giving us the chance to read such a fantastic story :D
Shinimegami7 chapter 44 . 5/25/2008
Okay... I'll admit... The moment Tessa showed up, I was ready to quit reading... (but I really liked your style) and I decided to stick it out. The story turned out to be phenomenal. I loved it. Mostly because your portrayal of Sephiroth as an actual human and what not. Awesome story. I hope they kick ass and take names... and take over Shinra. Sephiroth definately needs to be like... King of the world or something. Again, awesome story.
funny92 chapter 44 . 5/21/2008
You have no idea how weird it was for me to read this. My name is Tessa. You even spelled it the same way I do. This was really really strange for me, Trust me.

Anyway I loved your story.
kirallie chapter 44 . 5/12/2008
Great story! The idiot actually believed Seph would go along with beign used for breeding? Glad they all survived!
kirallie chapter 4 . 5/12/2008
I feel for poor Jense, I'm needlephobic myself. Once kiscked a doctor where he really didn't want to get kicked before going in to surgery. Not like I meant to kick him, it just happened.
yune chapter 35 . 4/8/2008
I love the part when Cloud knocks out Sephiroth with a fire extinguisher. It's perfect.
407 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »