Reviews for A Rurouni Goes to College
Lady Hallen chapter 13 . 2/28/2013
Umm, The title is just basically wrong. Just saying, coz there's not much mention of college life, except in short bursts...

Other than that, the story is brilliant. You managed to capture kenshin as I imagined him and he wasn't OOC

Yours truly,

Lady Hallen
the Dah chapter 37 . 2/25/2013
This story saga has become quickly a sort of comfort blanket story to me. Because when ever I feel depressed, bored, or in any way out of it.. I just search and start reading the story. It doesn't matter from whichever fic of the four I start... I end up reading them all in a row. It takes me the two days and I get practically no sleep - but I feel better after seeing how Kenshin faces the good and the bad slopes of life and grows from the experience. He loves and is loved by so many people, he sees hardships and solves problems to the best of his capabilities. Sometimes he does mistakes, but that just shows that he, like any human being, is not perfect. In this storyverse, you have managed to create a Kenshin who truly is a good man. He stays true to his character but he also changes from the events in the story. Like any real person would. That shows your talent as a writer.

The story arc has it's imperfections. There are multiple confusing moments in pronouns usage, grammar, fact continuety and character name usage - but that just shows how you write for enjoyement. It's not perfect, and it doesn't have to be. Your story flow is fast paced and natural and any reader who can see your enjoyement in writing, can also ignore any miscalleneous typos and tiny mistakes. After all, there is no perfect text but what is considered standart for published works, is very polished version of writing. Compared to that, I would definitely choose to read your long, descriptive and flowing style of writing, because it feels more alive.

I love the original characters you have created and how you have managed to stay true to their characterisations even after the reincarnations - but so that the reincarnations are not identical to earlier versions of the soul. Like Byron and Brandon are fairly different, or Shinya and Shannon change... and Kaoru and Carrie. All in all this storyverse is amont my favourites of all fiction I have ever read. And I still constantly reread it. So, I would like to thank you for sharing this incredible story with us.
Yorushike chapter 37 . 12/15/2012
Hi,
a truely adorrable story but I have to admit that you are a bit cruel. Really hasn't Kenshin been through enough at the end of the manga (even though I don't approve of its happy sappy ending :) ). Watching his wife, his children. his grandchildren die? As well as his second wife, making him lose the one part of him that could make him feel at least a little bit about himself, his idealism... that is simply cruel. Still love it though :)
I have a bit of a doubt that Kenshin would critisize the youngsters as much as he does. Yes Heather and Morgan and the rest of the bunch are stupid pigheads, but still for Kenshin ? There is never an indecation, that Kenshin expects or wants anyone to grow up as fast has he had to or at all for that matter. I don't think he would have been able to hide through out the whole manga his dislike for his friends sillyness, selfishness or stupidity and he never minded the physical abuse coming from Kaoru, quite the opposite. I think it relaxed him. To know that they trust him enough to hit him. To know that they have not had to learn the hard lessons on life. Yes Morgan is a spoiled selfish brat who doesn't know the first thing about life, but that is exactly why I think Kenshin would have never looked down on her.
Well that's just my opinion though. Over all you really manage to make the characters feel alive and keep the story interesting.
Greetings Yorushike
Rizaidym chapter 15 . 10/25/2012
Bent? OWWWW! As a guy, DAMN that sounds painful!
kahuffstix chapter 37 . 10/26/2011
i have really enjoyed reading these three story these last three or so weeks. you have amazing writing skills. the second one was a bit sad, but the other two left me feeling very happy and hopeful. these were some of the best, longest stories i have read in a long time.
ilyena damodred chapter 36 . 10/16/2011
What happened? You wrote well and true to the characters, but now, these last five chapters or so, it has degenerated into very bad, soap opera-ish, OOC, swill. I cannot read anymore, it is too disappointing and painful. You wrote brilliantly, I hope you got over whatever made you lose your touch, and returned to writing quality, because you are gifted, no matter whatever slump this is/was. Thank you for the quality, and my condolences for the loss.
Neko-chibi-faithkitty chapter 36 . 7/1/2011
This was great! It took me forever to finish, but it was totally worth it. I can honesty say that this is one of those amazing stories that I couldn't put down. I hope you write more stories about Kenshin and Carrie. I would love to read them
Unknown chapter 37 . 12/7/2010
Oh. My. God. This was so wonderful! You've deprived me of sleep for the last two days, I've torn through the Swordsmen universe and loved every minute of it. Thank you! (haven't checked to see if there's a sequel to this one yet, and if there isn't, I'm shameless enough to beg for at least a sequel oneshot featuring Kenshin teaching a fledgling Immortal Hiko the nuances of swordsmanship. 'Baka-deshi' indeed!)
Guile chapter 37 . 9/16/2010
Aww, a happy end for Kenshin. So sweet.
lukija chapter 35 . 8/4/2010
Um... Because you used the masculine spelling for the name Nicky - for Nicholas - (the feminine would be Nikki, for Nicole, or some variation thereof), you can't seen to keep the baby's gender straight. The kid's female, yes? Well, in the following quote you referred to Morgan's baby first as a male and then as a female :

" Tears trickled down Morgan's face. "I've lived with this sort of thing my whole life. She never listens to what I want. Neither does my father! They just tell me what I'm going to do. And what I was going to do, they told me, was come home and raise my baby there. Except if I moved in with them, they'd never let me raise Nicky. My mom would raise him. She even told me I wasn't ready to be a mother!"

Her baby was crying again and over the top of her howls, she said, "They thought they could keep the baby and I would come home to them. I hate them. They didn't want me there when I was pregnant, they kicked me out, but then they found out what the baby was worth and now they're trying to kidnap her because they say I can't raise her!" "

If I were you, I'd use the find/replace function found in most modern word processors and change the spelling to a feminine one. It's a good fic otherwise, but this little thing is really bugging me...
anime kikei chapter 37 . 7/17/2010
I just finished reading your ruroken/highlander crossover trilogy. I know it is several years old but this is the first time I've read these stories and I must say I greatly enjoyed them. You have a wonderfully easy to read writing style and there is great depth to your plot/characters/dialogue. The world you created for these familiar characters as well as your original characters was a real treat. Thank you for the wonderful stories.

I haven't started "A Life Lived" as of yet because I'm wary of old, incomplete works. I hate falling in love with a story that will never be done. So I hope that one day you revisit and complete this one so it can be enjoyed fully.
SRAS9 chapter 37 . 6/23/2010
This was a great story! Great work!
RagingCacti chapter 34 . 5/16/2010
I enjoy reading this... a lot... You stitch everything together quite well. I didn't really see the whole "betrayal" thing as a good addition until I thought back on it and came to the conclusion : Kenshin coming home to the welcoming arms of Carrie would just be plain boring. Oh, the only error that I have seen is at the bottom of chapter 34, it should be 'neither of us ARE perfect.' But then, I dont know if you put that in on purpose or not. Meh, either way, its amazing. Thanks for your contribution to my life.

Dom
AiSard chapter 37 . 3/30/2010
loved. hope for yet another sequel maybe some day? p altho a bit tame compared to the others, but this one is more romance/drama so meh and im guessing the Kenshin goes to school is a cliche of the fandom (when is it not. for all fandoms. except HP.. cuz theyre already in school... o .o) but yea, I dont really read Kenshin fics and picked up this series cuz i like crossovers and know both Highlander and Kenshin. anyways, loved the entire series and hope you update A Life Lived soon
PhoenixRe chapter 37 . 3/16/2010
Completely satisfied.

Pretty intricate story with a lot of plots and twists and characters which draw you in.

Especially lovely touch was your usage of the reincarnation theme. Fun, romantic and memorabilia-sort-of (because I really can't find a way to describe it)

Bravo and thanks for an amazing story