Reviews for Crossroads
Mrs. Marple Poirot chapter 1 . 8/13/2013
I love it!
Cheyenne32 chapter 2 . 6/15/2011
This is just...awesome, breathtaking, unique. I am in love with this and the entire idea. (:
rockrose chapter 2 . 11/23/2010
I loved it! A young Jack saving a young Elizabeth. Very sweet.

"When she grows up, God help the man who falls in love with her..." So perfect.
Sophies-Welt chapter 2 . 6/12/2008
Oh, I love your stories, so intense, so cute!
udhare chapter 2 . 5/25/2008
I loved this story! So realistic... unbelievable to make something so similar to the characters in the movie and you made the ending the movie should have had.
Blackmusasabi chapter 2 . 9/5/2007
Absolutely fantastic, I love it!

Take care, and please keep writing Sparrabeth!

B.M. :)
Arraya chapter 1 . 9/4/2007
Arraya chapter 2 . 9/4/2007
oh! this is so great! the best I've come across in days!
MHxxPAPER DOLL chapter 2 . 7/10/2007
Aw, that was good.
The Queen of Confusion chapter 2 . 7/9/2007
That was great!

Lisa chapter 2 . 7/9/2007
I rarely review fanfics, but this one was so well written that I couldn't resist sending off a critique. First of all, you actually wrote a story. It was descriptive, and it painted a lovely picture in the mind's eye. So many fics just say so and so happened. Any one can string sentences together, but that doesn't make them a good writer. You are a good writer. Additionally, this story included correct grammar, punctuation, and spelling. I'm almost 32 years old, and I can't stand to read fics where the writer comes off sounding like they are still in elementary school.

I also like how you didn't dance around the characters' or the real actors' ages. I do think Knightley looks older than she is (3 to 5 years older), and Depp has never looked his age. He could pass for 35 or so, but I still like the honesty you showed in this fic. It's the FIRST fic that I've read where the REAL ages were stated. You also handled the age difference well. When Jack first meets Lizzie as a child,he is nothing but a gentleman. And Lizzie's budding little girl crush is an accurate way to describe how she would feel about her rescuer. As for the adult relationship, I have no problem with the age difference. They are both adults. Lastly, it is historically accurate. Young girls were married off to men 20 years their senior in the 1700's. And let's face it, Lizzie's father was going to do the same thing by having her betrothed to Norrington. He was also considerably older than her. People who quibble with the J/E relationship always seem to forget that little fact.

My final comment involves the use of " the man who really loves her". This reminded me of a similar quote in Gone with the Wind. Rhett says "Heaven help the man who really loves you" to Scarlett. And I maybe the only one (although I suspect that I'm not) who has drawn a comparison between the Pirates trilogy and this film. I have always thought that this is that story all over again. Will is the milquetoast Ashley that Scarlett (in this case Elizabeth) is always fawning over while there stands Jack (a Rhett Butler like rogue with a good heart) who would be a much better match for her in spirit and life goals. Ted, Terry, and Disney & Co. haven't got a lick of sense. And I'm still irritated that they teased us with what could have been in DMC, and then, completely avoided it all in AWE. HMPH! Thank Heaven for wonderful fanfictions like this one where we Sparrabethers can re-write things to our liking!
Sassy Sparrow chapter 2 . 7/9/2007
Oh come on! The age difference... what does it matter? Jack and Lizzie belong together and their age makes it all much more interesting :oP

Love this story a lot. The plot is exactly what I've been looking for so long, cause I always had the idea that they should have met before, when Lizzie was about nine years.

Definitely an outstanding and excellent story. My fave and it goes deirectly into my C2.

Ryua Malfoy chapter 2 . 7/8/2007
Aw! That was so sweet! I'm kind of sad it's over, but kind of happy, because it gets to stay just a happy story!

I've told you before I adore how you write the characters. You just blow me away how you can keep them seeming so real. Wonderful job!
teapirategirl chapter 2 . 7/8/2007
OMG! I loved it...especially the last part. "When she grows up, god help the man who falls in love with her..."

That was very smart and witty! Jack's past was also very interesting...he's been a good man all along but I'm glad you made it clear that he loves to be free...not sail under anyone's command. Love the part where they figure it out.

Brilliant. The whole idea was creative. The first and second chapter tie into eachother perfectly and reveal alot about Jack and Elizabeth.
KayleeG chapter 2 . 7/7/2007
This was a great little fic. I love the idea of them not initially realizing that they crossed paths years ago. You did a great job with the characterizations.