Reviews for The Scourge
Missy the Least chapter 1 . 7/8/2013
Friend, I've been wondering to several people why a great popular show like Hogan's Heroes gets over a thousand stories and is one of the most popular fandoms, while another equally funny and popular show gets nothing at all...and yet here is this little gem hiding in the shadows.

If there can only be one bit of F-Troop fanfic in the entire place, I'm glad this is the one, It is a perfect ficlet, and I wish more people had seen this years ago, and I wish there was a way to bring more people to this amazing little story now, because it deserves to be remembered (of course, I'm not the only one who can see quality, since this won the Silver PB Award).

And kudos for linking MASH in also, another perfect fit.

My final wish? That more people in charge knew and understood Wilton Parmenter's lesson. The world would be a hell of a lot nicer if they did.

Missy
Susan M. M chapter 1 . 10/28/2011
Excellent characterization, especially of Sherman Potter, Andrew Carter, and Wilton Parmenter. Of course, you also did Radar, Hannibal, and Hogan well, too. I loved "Carter, if you apologize again, I'll have Klink throw you in the cooler." A teacher never knows how far his/her influence goes. I can easily see Parmenter's lesson being passed down the generations. Good job - this deserved a Papa Bear.
nomdeplume13 chapter 1 . 8/4/2010
Ok, my first thought was Hogan's Heroes and -F Troop-? No way. But I did the math, and gave this a read.

Glad I did... loved it! You got Parmenter down perfectly, and the bit of MASH tagged on at the end fit quite nicely.
Tanigi chapter 1 . 7/2/2010
As other reviewers have said, you did a good job of combining the two time periods. I don't watch MASH, so the last part didn't really mean anything to me, but the rest was good. :)
Paradox Tremors chapter 1 . 4/11/2010
My hat is off to you sir. This is well written with a good, honest lesson behind it. It would've been a beautiful show to have watched if it was possible to do it. You blended three different shows from three different time periods so well together. It takes a true "artist" as well as a writer to graft such a well visionary story as this. Thank-you for sharing it with us. I won't soon forget this tale.
sannnva chapter 1 . 7/24/2009
I just found this story when I was perusing the crossovers section. It was very well done and very well written. I loved the ending.
ShakNali chapter 1 . 7/13/2009
I see you wrote this a long time ago, but I just found it and wanted to tell you I enjoyed it very much.
El Gringo Loco chapter 1 . 6/21/2009
An excellent story containing a lesson for the ages. I enjoyed both these shows in their mid 1960's first run. An unlikely pairing to be sure, expecially without entering the Sci-Fi realm. But you've done it beautifully. The MASH tid bit at the end was icing on the cake.
deeply-spaced chapter 1 . 3/9/2008
I love this story! It helps that Wilton Parmenter is my favorite fictional character of all time. But this is very well-written and very touching. I enjoy all three of these shows and this was just a delight to read. I could see it all so clearly and it made me smile. You nade my day! Thank you for posting this!
koolkame chapter 1 . 10/30/2007
Nice crossover there at the end, but all of it was good to be honest. Saw you on Skybright Daye's favorites and thought I'd take a look, now I know why.
Fyrloche chapter 1 . 8/11/2007
I was browsing and came in here on a hunch. I'm glad I followed my hunch. This is funny and insightful. And, it's not often that you see three different shows melded together so well. I think I'll check any other work you have to see if it is as well written.
Christina TM chapter 1 . 7/14/2007
I love this story! In fact, I think I love all your stories I've read, though I often don't review. *hangs head in shame* Anyway, I just LOVE how you tied in 3 shows (3 shows I happen to love) into this fic. But gosh, by the time Hogan and Potter were cadets Parmenter would be OLD. Like, 90.

So...did Parmenter ever marry Jane? ;)
Jen chapter 1 . 7/12/2007
Very nice :) I enjoyed reading this!
Tuttle4077 chapter 1 . 7/5/2007
Aw, a nice light-hearted little ficlet. Thanks for posting it. And extra bonus points for including M*A*S*H! And Hogan's right; Carter may not always do the right thing, but he tries.
L J Groundwater chapter 1 . 7/5/2007
I had no idea how you were going to combine those two periods... fantastic. Great idea! And compassion is just what Carter needs. I'm even glad Hogan explained it to him.

Seeing MASH so unexpectedly threw me off for a second, but I was nodding sagely (HA, sure...) when I realised where you were going with it.

Thanks for adding to the ff-dot-net world!