Reviews for Zingara
MrsPhantom chapter 17 . 4/1/2012
What! Surely there must be more!

Oh this is a bloody good story! pLEASE continue! Please Dx
mrsphantom chapter 2 . 2/8/2012
LOvE that you wrote this! Frill is my absolute favorite character! Can't wait to keep on reading!
frollo4life chapter 17 . 1/28/2010
this is brilliant! i hope to read more soon!
xclaudefrollosgirlx chapter 4 . 1/26/2010
i can't stop reading you are epic! *reads more*
Chancc chapter 17 . 4/17/2009
Ah this story is fantastic! Please update! I must know what happens next!
Baby-Cellophane chapter 17 . 4/15/2009
Frollo is SUCH a bastard! Come to think of it, so are Gringoire and Phoebus, but Frollo wins the "number one bastard" prize.

I feel so bad for poor Esmeralda. I like that she hasn't completely succumbed to Stockholm Syndrome, and I really hope that she doesn't. I hope she finds some way to escape. I hope Quasimodo helps her (I like to think that he's still out there somewhere, plotting and planning on how to save her).

And I'm interested to see where things go with Bellamy and and the townspeople.

All in all, this story is great. It's well-written, the characters are consistent, and it keeps the reader on pins and needles. Bravo!
LadyBastet92 chapter 17 . 3/22/2009
Oh, I really hope you plan to update this! This is honestly one of the best HBoND stories I've read on the site! The characters are realistic and well-developed, and your aren't afraid to be a little dark. You can't leave us hanging about Esmeralda's baby! We must know what happens! ) Anyway, wonderful story, and I am eagerly waiting for the continuation!
Scorpicus chapter 5 . 2/20/2009
Fairly well written so far. However, your sentances don't seem to flow particulaly well and are sometimes worded rather awkwardly. For instance: "She learned the look he got before he turned into the wild one."

Instead of "She learned" it should be "she had learned". Also, "He got" isn't a particulaly elegent verb choice and the "wild one" is too vague a description.

Try reading your writing aloud to see if it sounds "right". If it sounds clunky, best to try rephrasing the sentances.

Secondly, the structure of your sentances are overly simplistic - too many with only one clause. Try mixing up the single clause and multi-clause sentances. Within the multi-clause sentances try using a wider variety of connecters rather then just "and" and "then".

Thirdly, I found it a little distracting throughout your writing that you refused to refer to characters with their names, instead constantly refering to e.g. Esmerelda as "The Bohemian"; "The gypsy girl"; "The Egyptian" etc. There is nothing wrong with just calling the charcaters "Frollo" and "Esmerelda"! Yes, you should OCCASIONALLY refer to them as something different, but don't overuse the technique. In the first chapter espicially, I was driven mad by this!

Fourthly, I liked your characterisation of Esmerelda, but Frollo I think was a little off. He's almost schizophrenic in the way he changes from "overly tender" (and I don't think you could ever describe book!Frollo as tender) to completely psychotic. In your writing he has completely lost that icy, stern exterior that is absoloutly essential to his character.

I don't want this to come off as a bad review, I just feel you have alot of room for improvement ;)

Scorpicus
blueenglandrabbityahoo.com chapter 10 . 2/16/2009
great story. very intriguing.
foxfire of the marsh chapter 17 . 12/29/2008
I absolutely adore this story. Your writing style is great, and you portray the characters so well. I wonder what Claude will think when he finds out Esmerelda is pregnant? Will Esmerelda have anymore ominously happy dreams? I hope you update soon, but please do not be pressured.
Adraline Kali chapter 2 . 11/18/2008
I enjoyed your story very much!
foxfireofthemarsh99 chapter 17 . 11/10/2008
Your story is absolutely excellent! I love how well you portray the characters, and your writing style is very original. The only thing I would change is the rating- from T to M. It has some dark themes, but that's part of what I love about it. Update soon please!
friendorphantom chapter 17 . 10/27/2008
I'm so glad you're still updating! Thanks for making life more interesting.

Was the lyric part "hell with her was paradise"?
Misscat2 chapter 17 . 10/24/2008
it's the best story i never read about The Hunchaback of Notre Dame !

I want to see what will happend when frollo discovers that she is pregnant. Hope to see it soon !

Thanks you

Love your story
Lillebule chapter 17 . 10/23/2008
Hey, I'm going to be Esmeralda during the day at work for Halloween...(the costume I bought for the evening is a little inappropriate for work, so I'll be wearing a bodice under the top part, and a black bohemienne skirt over the skirt portion of the costume...I also bought a black wig, wich looks exactly the way my hair did about 3yrs. ago.)At night I'm going to be a French Can Can Dancer. This will be my third year going as Esmeralda.

Hm...I wonder what Bellamy thinks of Esme. And I wonder when Esme is going to tell Claude she's pregnant.

I also wonder what Claude will do for work...I don't think he'd want Esme to go back to dancing for money, so what's he going to do?

Oh and I'm happy for the update and even happier that there will be weekly updates!