Reviews for Graveside Manna
MuggleCreator chapter 1 . 9/19/2011
You've given me the spark of an ace idea involving memories and an 18th birthday party...

Great stuff!
Deanadelyon chapter 1 . 3/5/2011
Very nicely written. Great job. :)
evtre chapter 1 . 4/23/2010
That's a mean incentive! It was a really good story, I love Lupin and Tonks together!

Keep up the great work!
gummybear1396 chapter 1 . 10/24/2009
Love it! Gope you finish the story! Why is there nothing left of Harrys nurshery?
Siriusmunchkin chapter 1 . 10/14/2009
I do believe I like your version of Harry's visit to his parents grave better than the one in DH. It makes more sense and gives Harry a much better perspective.
ChristinaAngel chapter 1 . 10/12/2009
I loved how Ron and Hermione promised to stick by Harry and how Remus and Harry had a little bonding moment later and also at the graves, especially liked the part about Remus and Harry being the only two who missed James and Lily as much as they did. Loved the Remus/Tonks and how Harry approves as well as how Harry faces his past and gets ready to face Voldemort because of it.
Lise Steiner chapter 1 . 2/13/2009
I absolutely love the way you write Remus and Harry, which is so well demonstrated here. Everything is, as usual, very well written and planned, congratulations.

And I'd like to praise Ron a little bit - that what he said in the cemetery is exactly what I'd expect from him.
shooting-stetsons chapter 1 . 10/19/2008
ack! amazing, as always!
MBP chapter 1 . 1/27/2008
So clearly you must be somewhat psychic. It might not be exactly like DH but holy echoes, Batman... I am amazed. This was great, and I loved when Ron told Harry they'd go with him because he'd promised his parents. It's wonderful.
Dodger Gilmore chapter 1 . 9/25/2007
Even though I've read the book now (obviously) and know this isn't how it happens, you still somehow convince me. You do get JK's style impressively good.

Also, I love your creative ways of telling readers to review. Wish it was true though, I'd very much like to follow them around...
alix33 chapter 1 . 8/20/2007
"and so he followed Lupin back to the kitchen, watched him perform a slicing charm rather deftly on what was left of the cake," - Remus has a deft slicing charm? I wish he could have taught it to me like he did the patromnus to Harry, then I wouldn't have to buy pre-sliced wholewheat loaves all the time. Because if left to my own devices, you wouldn't want to even contemplate the crookedness of the bread slices I usually and normally slice!

"“There are so many stories I’d like to tell you,” he said." - What a sad sentence! And even sadder the thought, that in JKR's Potterverse, he never got the chance!

" many more memories he had that he’d be willing to share, whether they were stories, anecdotes from school, or things he could see for himself." - I agree with Harry's thoughts here, as three seems such a mean, runty, little number, when Remus has years' worth of memories of James and Lily.

"of grey stone cottages set against a backdrop of trees." - Grey? In my imagination, the stone they're made of is sort of lemony yellow always.

"his dad teaching him how to ride a toy broom," - so, in your Potterverse you don't have the torn wizarding photograph with James's legs chasing the roaring with laughter toddler Harry on his toy broomstick that Sirius sent him? Maybe that's a good thing, because that pic, IMHO, is dreadfully sad...

"Ron met Harry’s eye, then Hermione’s, and when neither of them volunteered, he swallowed heavily, his eyes flickering back to the graves. He cleared his throat and squared his shoulders, having evidently decided it was up to him. “I – er – I don’t know quite what to say, but – ” Ron sighed, his ears reddening a little. “ – I wish we could have met you,” he said, “because you both sound ace. I’m sorry that we didn’t, and about – everything.”...Ron nodded, his jaw tightening, his forehead creased as if he was concentrating. “And don’t worry about Harry,” he said quickly, his gaze fixed on the headstones in front of him. “We’ll look after him.” " - This bit was so moving I got tears in my eyes, wow!

"Reviewers get a Pensieve memory, and the chance to follow their favourite character around ;)." - I want the pensive memories that Luna's mom is sure to have left, as well as the chance to follow Luna around, thanks.
fireblazie chapter 1 . 8/9/2007
You know, I really haven't read a lot of Harry-centric fic (because hey, the boy's had seven epic-novels about him, right?) and have mostly been reading, very happily, Remus/Tonks fic, but this was written wonderfully! Loved the subtle Remus/Tonks hints, Ron and Hermione's unending friendship, and just... everything. Makes the world seem like a better place, you know?
Shadow-ofthe-Night35 chapter 1 . 7/19/2007
Ok, that was brilliant! You totally made me cry, and it was absolutely beautiful!

ScarletInk chapter 1 . 7/19/2007
Oh. My. Gosh.

I love it so much, it might be your best one, in my opinion. I started crying at the graveyard part, and then I was laughing when you wrote how Ron wanted to Apparate the rest of the way into the house.

I don't know what else to say :)
siriuslycoco chapter 1 . 7/17/2007
ah! reading this makes me so excited for the last book to FINALLY come are such a fantastic writer...I loved how you portrayed their visit to Godric's Hollow...great job!