Reviews for Sometimes It Rains
Bones2014 chapter 1 . 5/22/2014
Aw such angst... Followed by great comfort, reassurance, determination & love. Great OS, beautiful writing...Awesome:-)
tearing hands chapter 1 . 8/4/2007
I was relieved that you gave Parker cancer instead of killing him. Usually, when something bad happens to Parker, he ends up dead, so this was nice for a change.

You portrayed Brennan perfectly, especially her initial reaction. I also liked that you pointed out that Brennan was usually initiating their hugs because I'd never actually noticed that before. Booth was also completely in character.

I really loved the opening lines, too. They led into the story really well. And I really appreciate that you gave it a happy ending- I can't stand it when Parker dies.
bandbforever chapter 1 . 8/4/2007
*wipes the tears from my eyes* That was such a sad oneshot, very emotional. The song fits really well. I'm so glad Brennan was there to comfort Booth. You are a totally wonderful writer Niah. Which I'm sure you already know but I'm saying it anyway. :D
tascha chapter 1 . 7/16/2007
Sad little story with Temperance comforting Booth. The hope...

I especially loved this part: "With a look of concentration on her face, she brought her arms up and gently wrapped them around his broad frame." Funny! That's typically for her, consider it a challenge to show support.

I really liked it :O)
X chapter 1 . 7/9/2007
frankly love it we need another chalang board!
amobd chapter 1 . 7/8/2007
I am not at all sorry you were in a bit of a melancholic mood and you wrote this because it is a pleasure to read it. It is a bit sad but strangely enough it is also very positive and full of hope. And i can't begin to tell you how much i like Bones in this one!

You made a wonderful transition from the shock a parent must feel on receiving such news and back to the Booth we know, determine to deal with whatever life gives him and make it all better, especially for his son.

And you made Bones absolutely perfect! She is all herself, unsure, a bit clinical and all of that suddenly disappears in the face of his need of support. You are so right in saying that she has learned it from him but she has learned it so well. She knew exactly what to do, she was brave enough to embrace and comfort him and was only a bit scared of his tears. She even knew how to avoid them :-)

The closing image with Bones holding the fluffy bunny is incredibly sweet!

And every word in the last paragraph is perfect! "Cradling the toy against her body like she had done moments ago with Booth, she nodded and watched him turn the ignition key. The rain hadn't lessened during their emotional exchange, but Brennan knew things would soon clear up-both the weather and Parker's situation. Besides faith in Booth, she had faith in the future. Science never failed. Parker was strong. He'd win the battle against cancer. The sun had to come out sooner or later. That was the most logical outcome if you added up all the facts. It was just a matter of time."

I love her strength, her logic and her faith...she may be realistic but she is an optimistic realist, a fighter as is he.

Wonderful story! wish i heard the song...
9ud9ir190ne6ad chapter 1 . 7/8/2007
This is brill, loved it
Ampersand Ellipsis chapter 1 . 7/7/2007
Nice job.
kmmp99 chapter 1 . 7/7/2007
Wow Lacey! When you get the angst fairy, YOU GET THE ANGST FAIRY! Loved the description of the raining pouring down all around & feeling all alone. Also, we always get to see Booth giving the comfort so it is a nice change to see Brennan do it. BEAUTIFULLY done Lacey!
angel6.d chapter 1 . 7/7/2007
I thought that this was a really great piece. You did a really good job at writing it. The emotions, everything, was portrayed perfectly, so great job there.

Keep up the great work!

-angel6
Savior Emma Swan chapter 1 . 7/6/2007
This is fantastic! I noticed that you labeled it complete- but I want another chapter, and another after that, and another, and another...
BandBfan24 chapter 1 . 7/6/2007
lacey, that was beautiful.. touching.. sweet and oh so emotional... it was so well done... i absolutely loved it

)bandi
krisnina77 chapter 1 . 7/6/2007
Interesting little challenge you've got going on there. And who did kidnap your inner fluff bunny? How dare they not put it up for ransom at least. But I do have to say this was good. I just love Angela "we've been over this before" that is so Angela. Well I am interested to keep reading all the little challenges you guys do.
krazegirl chapter 1 . 7/6/2007
Well, I for one think it's obvious that Parker stole your fluff bunny. And now Booth has it. But, wonderful story (as always), I particularly enjoyed the characterization of Booth just waiting for composure before he went to see Bones. It's understandable that he would want to be strong but lovely to see her finally be able to comfort him.

Interesting idea, writing stories based on a single song and reading the different interpretations. Can't wait for the next one.
btvsfifi chapter 1 . 7/6/2007
:( Cries you should seriously consider a tiisue warning on this it's too sad!

Fiona