Reviews for A Modest Suggestion
TheFightingTemeraire chapter 4 . 4/6/2009
Here's what else I like:

'She put the sculpture in the extremely neat, formal garden in her back yard, placing it behind the yew tree that hid the compost heap from the house. On moonlit nights, she would self-consciously go and stare at it while pretending to add vegetable peelings to the compost.' Kinda weird.

"I have had five hundred seventy four children since you were here last," Celebrian interrupted, her voice shrill and building in volume. "My stretch marks have stretch marks. Do you have any idea what five hundred seventy four years of morning sickness can do to your disposition?" Buahahahahaha!

'They placed the condoms over their thumbs and beckoned to their mates, who were openly leering.' 0_o

Anyway. Good story.
TheFightingTemeraire chapter 3 . 4/6/2009
Oh my gosh. These lines!: "We're so grateful to you," Celebrian said while the others nodded in solemn agreement behind her. "You have no idea how frustrating the past few millenia have been."

"Yes. We've erected a statue of you so that everyone will remember what you have done for our people." I would DIE if anyone erected a statue of me because I told them to have sex. *lol*

'"I'm not avoiding you," she lied. "I'm just in a hurry every time I see you." That much was true. Esmerelda was always quick to avoid Erestor.' I still don't get her.

Reading on!
TheFightingTemeraire chapter 2 . 4/6/2009
These lines absolutely slayed me: "Please come to bed?" Celebrian asked him without much hope. "Not tonight," he told her softly as Esmerelda passed them by. "I will study the stars."

Ah, I'm liking this parody. But what kind of retard rejects Erestor?
ziggy3 chapter 4 . 1/5/2009
Great fun and very readable. Made me laugh on my first day back to school! Thank you.
ziggy3 chapter 2 . 1/4/2009
Her father and brother had always claimed that the stories interested them, but Esmerelda had noted that they only focused on the small screen when there were explosions or when a scantily clad, green-skinned dancing girl appeared.

Laughed so much at this! I remember her! Very strange.

Love the idea of Celebrian as a cat about to devour her prey!

How have I missed this? Brilliant!
Funeralfairy chapter 4 . 1/2/2009
Haha

Definitely one of the most original and funny parodies I have ever read. Thanks! :)

/Madde
Calenlass Greenleaf chapter 4 . 9/18/2008
*snerk*

I had fun reading this...

Now, should I be feeling sorry for Esmerelda? Or not?

Cal
Starset chapter 4 . 2/19/2008
Lovely - I smiled all the way throught this!
Curalium Lacrimo chapter 2 . 9/22/2007
poor esmerelda :)
Lady Akyrial chapter 2 . 9/22/2007
Erestor shunned! Oh, did you have to be so mean? Let the poor elf find a little happiness.