Reviews for The Worst Day
mo.texas55 chapter 1 . 8/8/2014
Awwww! I just got stabbed in the chest by that last sentence. Great job!
KameTerra chapter 1 . 2/6/2008
oh... *sucks in breath*, that last line was like a punch in the stomach, literally! This was a darn perceptive story... and all those little details really brought it to life. I loved the description of humans looking like baby rats, it makes them sound so repulsive! And I guess to the turtles, they were. Just thought I'd spread the love. Wonderful job!

Cheers,

KameTerra
Reinbeauchaser chapter 1 . 1/15/2008
Very nicely done and as sad as the ending was, it sum-totaled how that attitude came about, that they were freaks. I like the fact that you didn't indicated which turtle it was, either, although I kind of think it was Raphael. . or Donnie.

Good work!

Be blessed,

Rene'
princessebee chapter 1 . 12/6/2007
I have totally neglected reviewing this and for that I apologise!

This is a beautiful little fic, a wonderful build up of observations, of comparisons and evenutally, of disappointment and hurt.

We always posit the television as being something so meaningful to the Guys, as being their connection to the rest of the world. We rarely consider how much it would illustrate their differences, make them all the more aware of them as they grow older and wiser.

The real heartbreaker, is the similarities. They make the differences all the more stark.

Love this! Thank you!
Winnychan chapter 1 . 8/6/2007
Oh. You know, I read this awhile ago - well before I knew you, and I think maybe even before coming across 'What is Inevitable'. Re-reading it now, I'm going 'oh THAT story! That's YOURS? Neat!'

As I was going back over it, I had serious deja vu cause I felt like I could distinctly remember submitting a review for it. But I remember what happened now! I was trying to review it from WORK, and I got caught by team lead and had to close it down before I was finished. Didn't get in trouble, just sarcastic ribbing hehe... he's a very cool and tolerant boss.

ANYWAY! So cute and poignant at the same time. I definitely see this as being a Raphi sort of lament. He's always been pained by the 'freak' aspect of his existence (uh, assuming we both agree to ignore VolumeIVMirageMonstah!Raph).

Of course I also want it to be Raph for the whole "omg eww, these humans look like scary bald pink monkeys!" aspect. XD I love when my fandom quirks mesh with other people's interpretation.

My favorite part was this, hands down:

- Before that box came, none of them never had any real sort of idea about the 'outside world'.

- Just pictures and words. Before that box came, they were the sole living and true things in

- the universe. Before that box came, they had the perfect life with everything they needed.

- Now they knew they didn't have Racer Jet Bikes, school, Fruit Roll-ups, trips to the Mall,

- Bubble-yum, vacations, video games, and those 'tampon' things they never were able to

- quite figure out. Now they knew they had nothing... and those flickering evil beings on the

- box somehow seemed to have it -all-. Or at least they lived a life that while disturbingly like

- theirs, was nothing like it at the same time.

Awesome one-shot. I am hugely envious of your ability to take an idea and turn it into a piece that is this compact and yet still so successfully executed. My inner editor won't let me rest until I've extrapolated and elaborated an idea to death. You called yourself unworthy the other day but THIS is a perfect example of something you're great at that I can only hope to someday master. :)

XOXO

Winnychan
KleeZeeNex chapter 1 . 7/15/2007
Wow this was great! I have to say, I was confused at first (mostly because I misread the first paragraph). First I thought that Splinter was inside the box, then I thought that Splinter had kidnapped a human and put IT inside the box and was studying it with some light technology... it was a mess. But have no fear, my ignorance was temporary! I got it, and it was amazing! The bathroom argument and the tampon thing made me laugh. And the ending line was brilliant. Great job!

-Zee
Tori Angeli chapter 1 . 7/15/2007
"Before that box came, none of them never had any real sort of idea about the 'outside world'. Just pictures and words. Before that box came, they were the sole living and true things in the universe. Before that box came, they had the perfect life with everything they needed.

Now they knew they didn't have Racer Jet Bikes, school, Fruit Roll-ups, trips to the Mall, Bubble-yum, vacations, video games, and those 'tampon' things they never were able to quite figure out. Now they knew they had nothing... and those flickering evil beings on the box somehow seemed to have it -all-. Or at least they lived a life that while disturbingly like theirs, was nothing like it at the same time."

I am dead serious, hon, I was gaping at this last section. This was awesome. Incredible. Brilliant. I am so psyched.

What an idea! Going into detail about how such a simple thing as television makes everything different for them! What a...I can't even...whoa.

This is Good Stuff. I don't label just anything Good Stuff. It's like a good stiff drink. Good Stuff. I love it, love it. No wonder this was recced at SS! Write more stuff like this, please! /fangirling

Seriously, I love it. Good job, hon.
Tristripe chapter 1 . 7/13/2007
I've spent a lot of time pondering WHO the turtle that is speaking is. I had narrowed it down to either Donnie or Raphael. At first I had thought that it was Donatello, since he paid close attention to the details and what not, but then there was a sort of bitterness that came that reminded me of Raphael. Donatello seems like the accepting type, but Raphael would become angry, would think humans were disgusting looking (pink rats LOL), would come tot he conclusion that he was a freak.

I dont know...but after the third time reading it im getting Raph...

Have I mentioned that I love your details? If not, I'll say it, I love the details you include in your stories. Love the language and choice of words. This fic was so heartbreaking, especially near the end with (mikey i beleive) asking desperate questions from their sensei. I really doubt SPlinter had ANY idea what bringing the television to his home would do. The discontent that would follow from his offspring.

I cackled at the bit about the tampons bit. I remember as a child seeing such commercials and trying to figure out WHAT the heck they were. It was baffling. at one point i think i conclueded they were a sort of special diaper. lol.

this was an amazing one shot! i hope to see more of them soon !

Tri
Kay the Cricketed chapter 1 . 7/13/2007
If nothing else, I would remember this fic forever because of the welling of sorrow I think I'll feel every time one of the boys looks at the television from now on. XD

There's just so much emotion packed into this small space. It's beautiful. By the end, we feel despondent and depressed, and the perspective is one we most likely hadn't thought of yet. It's fantastic. The difference in what is "real" and what exists that's in the beginning, followed by this amazing line that changes everything with a simple matter of punctuation: "Where he belonged?"

Him comparing humans to rat- brilliant- but my favorite part? The fact the argument on television was almost the same as his own, word for word. Powerful little moment there. As is the list that follows, the things they've realized they missed out on. Little things, but so important. I felt empty reading it. :(

And the end line, oh yes. Makes it. GREAT.
GreenWillow chapter 1 . 7/8/2007
Poignant. Nicely done irony, that the "gift" of becoming aware turned into the source of discontent, sorrow, and a sense of loss for something they never had.

Hey, I'm getting a funny "Paradise Lost", or the price of "eating from the Tree of Knowledge" from this. Hm.

~GW
The Burninator Named Trogdor chapter 1 . 7/6/2007
I liked it. Seriously. I think all of us have epihanys in our life time that force us to grow up and take a deeper look at the world around us. I've actually never seen a fic quite like this before now. I can't think of a higher compliment than that!

It was the perfect length too. Not over done. Just perfect. I've got to hand it to you. You did an awesome job on this particular realization that they all had to go through. I loved how you described things. It was awesome.

Definitely going in my favorites! ;)
innocent-rebel chapter 1 . 7/6/2007
...wow. what can I really say? This fic was amazing and beautifully angsty as well as tragic. I know no one died but tragic in the way they see themselves now. This is a really unique piece of work and I'm so glad I read it! I love how you captured the emotion so clearly. I think I know whos eyes this is through, but I'm not totally sure. I liked how you didn't tell us either. I just don't know how to put it. I liked how you described everything and how you tied it all up. I also liked the imagery of how they first perceived humans. This is an amazing piece of art! Thank you for writing it.
Jaganashi chapter 1 . 7/6/2007
Oh, so very sad yet heart-wrenchingly realistic. Very well-written, and definately deserving of the rec on Stealthy Stories. I really enjoyed reading this.
TigerChickTigriss chapter 1 . 7/6/2007
I knew that's what TV did ta ya! Awsome story btw. Very good.

TCT