Reviews for Wet Hot Caprican Summer
nights of wonder chapter 1 . 3/25
This was beautiful. Thank you.
precious831 chapter 1 . 12/5/2014
This was so amazingly written and so sweet. I really wish we could have had more flashbacks and such in canon. Seen things like Kara and Helo at the academy and had more backstory on when Kara and Lee met and that time frame. I love your version of them meeting while very young.
AccountOffline chapter 1 . 6/6/2010
What a lovely little vignette of early life. I'd like to believe everything else would have changed if this had happened. *sigh* Thanks for writing. K
Rachel Indeed chapter 1 . 4/3/2010
I want you to write fifteen-year-old pilots forever and ever, OK?

This was so perfect, I can't even tell you. The braces, the library, the attitude, the sticky summer atmosphere, the paintings, the self-doubt, Lee's intuitive diplomacy (saluting Kara's mom, paying for the apples, "think of it as a date," etc. He is so sneakily upstanding, it's awesome, and so *good* at handling difficult people, and so full of love). I love what he sees in Kara, and what she sees in him.

The ending made me so happy. I love it when excellent authors write angst but leave room for real hope, and that's what I treasured about the end of this story.

Thanks so much!
blameamy chapter 1 . 7/11/2007
long but WOW

it's amazing i cant wait for more
TamSibling chapter 1 . 7/10/2007
This was wonderful! I saw it posted on Live Journal as well, but I don't always like pre-series Lee/Kara. Kaynara recommended I give it a read and she was right - it's perfect and sweet and cute and everything else that we wish Lee and Kara were all the time.

Instead, we just have to write them that way!
SG1SamFan chapter 1 . 7/6/2007
Oh, that was so perfect. I loved all your descriptions of the little things, like the poking and the walking hand in hand and the way they kept getting so close to kissing or to Kara telling Lee about her mother, and then she'd do something to push him away. The kiss at the end was sad and bittersweet, especially knowing the way their relationship has turned out. There was just something about this story that pulled me in. One of the best BSG stories I've every read, and strangely prophetic with the bit about the mandala Kara had painted since childhood and the name of her mother-or did you edit after Maelstrom?

Anyway, thanks for a wonderful story. Perfectly in-character and wonderfully poignant.

Emily ;)
sbfisher chapter 1 . 7/6/2007
Wow! That was sweet! Great job.
amdahlj chapter 1 . 7/6/2007
Amazing fic, but I noticed you incorrectly labelled it as complete ;). I REALLY hope you write a sequel.
Maevenly chapter 1 . 7/6/2007
That was so great! I loved every single part of it - there wasn't anything in there that wasn't fabulous.

BRILLIANT!

Maevenly
bel535672 chapter 1 . 7/6/2007
That was beautiful...you captured Kara and Lee t love it...
arielmoondance chapter 1 . 7/6/2007
This was really lovely and wonderful!
Halostar BSG-117 chapter 1 . 7/6/2007
Funny, how they are just teens and that they DO see each other again... but not in the setting Kara and Lee wanted: In the Brig? lol
lupalou chapter 1 . 7/6/2007
Aw, that was really sweet!
Civil Orange chapter 1 . 7/6/2007
This is really sweet - in the best sense of the word. Love the setting, it's different enough from Earth to be convincing but similar enough to make the everyday life realistic. Nice work there.

The characters are pretty good too, though Kara's mother is, in my opinion, almost too harmless. The part where Kara is able to completely ignore the phone message shows her mother essentially has no power over her and that's kind of contradictory to the series. Otherwise though you did a good job with the characterization. Are you planning on continuing this story? I'm sure readers would be grateful.

Yours sincerely