Reviews for An Unexpected Gift
YellowAsphodel chapter 1 . 8/29/2017
This reads as if it could have come straight from Rowling herself! Great! And the hint-dropping was so believably subte:)
Guest chapter 1 . 7/10/2016
This is the closest anyone has come to replicating the exact character that J.K. Rowling created. As I was reading through it, I realized how the author of the books herself could have written it; it was such an accurate depiction of Snape: all his mannerisms and attitudes were perfectly crafted. Harry wasn't too far off the bat either. He replied to Snape exactly how he would have in the original books.
Congratulations, Bluebird88, and well done.
Really, really well done.
You should be proud of yourself.
FleaBee chapter 1 . 5/28/2015
Wish this was how Harry found out about gillyweed in the book. Seems exactly like something Snape would do. Loved it :)
WaitingForRand chapter 1 . 4/27/2015
*sigh* I loved it.
mandancie chapter 1 . 1/7/2014
this was really good! :) I liked this! :)
Nightfall Rising chapter 1 . 10/20/2013
Imagining things, must have been! :D
Lady Lily3 chapter 1 . 11/27/2011
Love it!
Macceh chapter 1 . 9/26/2011
Oh, great story! Brilliant idea, well written and perfectly in character!
Bil chapter 1 . 8/6/2011
Awesome! I love Snape's slipping the hint in there and Harry picking it up and thinking he's pulled one over Snape :)
oakleaf chapter 1 . 12/29/2010
Awesome~

I really enjoyed the way that Snape accidentally on purpose let the info slip, not handing it away.

Well done!
dusty old books chapter 1 . 9/6/2010
Aww, wish this was canon *sigh*
123-321 chapter 1 . 1/3/2010
aww very nice
Iva1201 chapter 1 . 11/14/2009
Such a great and well written idea - thank you for sharing. I know that "Moody" needed that scene in canon so that Harry would be more trusting towards him but I keep thinking if it wouldn't have benefited Harry more if the scene played as you have it.
SnapeAngel chapter 1 . 9/24/2009
snape giving harry the gillyweed solution is much more realistic than dobby doing so..great story
Ysilme chapter 1 . 10/24/2008
Nice little tale, well done! Quite a convincing idea how Harry leanred about the gillyweed, and showing Snape in his role perfectly.
54 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »