Reviews for A Bad Week at the Wizengamot
Jimbocous chapter 2 . 5/10
Thanks for a great (re)read.
baron sanmdi chapter 1 . 4/14
house of the magical knightchâteau du chevalier mage" or "château du chevalier magique" first option sound better
bobthebobster chapter 3 . 1/21
I for one think a Dark Overlord Hufflepuff would be rather successful.

Now, this could just be bias, but nobody would ever see it coming until it was too late. Upon hearing the house said Dark Overlord was/is in, people would underestimate them. Hufflepuffs are generally believe to be a bit 'meh'. As Hagrid puts it; “Everyone says Hufflepuff are a lot o' duffers.”. People think they're not smart, they can't be cunning, and they aren't brave, so what are they? Ah yes, let's put them in Hufflepuff with all the other people who don't match the other houses' criteria. But this isn't necessarily true, as proved by Hermione, who many believe should have been in Ravenclaw, and Harry, whom the Sorting Hat tried to put in Slytherin.

It's a matter of choice, and of which traits you feature more predominantly. Hufflepuff's traits: loyalty and hard work. Loyalty is a tricky subject to judge, but I tend to believe that once you have a Hufflepuff's trust and loyalty, they will back you through thick and thin. Hard work, well that's perfect for a Dark Overlord. Did you seriously believe that once you have achieved total world domination that there would be no paperwork? Ambition would be required, but ambition is nothing without the ability to actually do it. You have to work towards your goals!

Anyway, I think it's surprising that it's Gryffindor that is blatantly favoured by many. You look over at Hufflepuff and see them working hard. The Ravenclaws are academically minded and the Slytherins are cunning. But with Gryffindor, it's a bit more like they're just kept around for the emergencies. A monster breaks in? The other houses just stand behind the Gryffindors so that they can do the dying. Seriously, Gryffindors have zero self-preservation instincts. But that's slightly off-topic and irrelevant.

My point, is Hufflepuff is generally undervalued as a house. Cedric Diggory, one of the most famous Hufflepuffs from the Harry Potter book series and films, was chosen by the Goblet of Fire out of all the students who entered as most worthy. Nymphadora Tonks was an impressive Auror, trained by the formidable Mad-Eye Moody, and was skilled in defensive and offensive magic, and well-known for her Metamorphmagus abilities. Newt Scamander, even though expelled from Hogwarts, fostered a deep love for all creatures, and was a well-known Magizoologist, even writing a book on the subject (this was on the Hogwarts school list). There are many more famous Hufflepuffs that I haven't mentioned, but I've probably proved my point by now.

I believe a Hufflepuff by the generic definition would make an astounding Dark Overlord. So there.

p.s. i just realised i wrote a whole damned essay defending my house :p
Cue Cartoon music from the Loony Tunes.
Tha tha tha tha tha tha tha tha tha tha that's all Folks,Muggles,Earthlings,Martians (Bay-woop!) iris out fade out to black and that's how you end a Fanfiction
Linda chapter 3 . 1/17
Lol
PetrogradAN chapter 1 . 1/9
You had Fudge nailed down as the R.H Minister (from Yes Minister) down to a tee along with a believable set of chain reactions to boot! Well done!
That chapter was stupid
thanks
csheila chapter 3 . 12/6/2020
Loved it all. But the section about Dudley was magnificent
csheila chapter 2 . 12/6/2020
One of my favorite HP fanfic chapters and I read a lot of them. Satires require nuance, which demands knowledge. You hit everything wrong with canon and fixed it.

Plus it was funny as hell.
csheila chapter 1 . 12/6/2020
Ah, so many happy endings

Guest chapter 2 . 11/4/2020
Impressively well thought out list of amusing but necessary changes to magical Britain.