Reviews for Inheritance
unknown user chapter 1 . 11/8/2007
Pretty good :-)

You said that there are a lot of "Shinji becomes Gendou" fics? Last night I was musing that I hadn't seen a lot of references to that idea, while I came up with an outline for an AMV that was based on the concept... Anyway, if you have any favourites from that subgenre, I'd like to read them.

And yes, I also liked the room design. You seem to know a lot about Kaballah (or did you just have a picture of the Systemvs Sepiroticvm in front of you at the time? :-). As per the norm, your fics continue to be quite intellectually stimulating, though I think this is the first time I've seen you portray the idea of love in one.

Anyway, good stuff.
one guy chapter 1 . 7/18/2007
Well, firstly, this is the first "Shinji becomes Gendo" fic I've read so it looked like an interesting idea.

I also enjoyed finding out how everything ended up after Third impact.

I realise all the slowness and descriptivenness of the story should have created much room for intrigue. Well, it did but at one point it started looking boring: all those titles of positions, circles...

And I'm thinking: were those descriptions of the situation (before the meeting of Shinji and Rei) really necessary? On the one hand, they don't have much to do with inheritance or, specificly, with Shinji becoming Gendo. On the other hand, if they were not, there wouldn't be much in this story.

What I liked the most in this story is the end. I like how you explained why Shinji can't hate his father. It makes you think about an interesting possibility about Gendo...

All in all, that was quite an enjoyable read with an interesting end.
NamelessHeretic chapter 1 . 7/8/2007
I liked this...
ReisFriend chapter 1 . 7/8/2007
Well described and divided sentences. And very romantic when Rei and Shinji had their own secret love nest. Write on.
Cryoxe chapter 1 . 7/7/2007
Awesome oneshot.
Death Guardian chapter 1 . 7/6/2007
Dang, CF, that was a good fic! Kickarsepwn style, as usual, and very well done. I like your take on the idea of Shinji-polymorphing-into-Gendo. ... *shudders* That's actually a rather creepy idea, when you change up that one little word... Ahem, anyway, good work, as usual! *thumbs up*