Reviews for Drinking is not my Forte
JeremyGU chapter 22 . 7/5/2013
This story is what brought me to FFNet. I was preparing to publish my fanfiction there, having never heard of FFNet, and someone posted a picture they'd drawn of Ranma with a pregnant Akane, and they linked to this story. So in that vein, please, PLEASE continue.
Dandy Mandy chapter 22 . 7/5/2013
Hi KTKG, I'd like to see you continue and complete this story. You've been writing it on and off for about five years and I've been following it for almost as long, as have others I am sure. Don't be discouraged by negative reviews; you will never be able to please everyone, it's impossible. A handful of people might not like the particular style of your story but that does not make it less valid than any other story on here and you have the right to express yourself however you like; OOC characters, unoriginal plots and whatever else you are being accused of. That being said, I've had my own share of negative reviews of my stories over the years and I consider it a form of compliment in the sense that somebody took the time to read it, deconstruct it (if only to find fault with it) and tell me what they thought. It was a valuable learning experience though it was tough to read, I admit. Whenever you create anything you are putting your own heart into it and it can feel like a personal attack when someone criticises it, I know.

I was excited when I saw an update for this story in my inbox which speaks volumes of what I think of it, even five years later. I hope to see a true chapter in the email notification :)

Good luck and don't give up.
paco chapter 22 . 7/5/2013
have lots i would like to say, however ill be brief
ALL fanfics are cliche, or to some extent self inserting/ooc or somone wishfulness for a different story with the characters they have already had defined for them ...ONLY the original author could truly tell the story of the characters THEY created with any canon feeling or true characterization.
I have read probably hundreds of fanfics over the past decade or more primarily ranma as i love the ranma fanfic genre. Ranma in my opinion has alot of room for changes by fanfic authors as the story isnt really linear more like snippets of a life lived by someone else plus it has elements ranging from mundane to magical with modern undertones for the 80-90s at least so some scifi could be thrown in too.
all this said you fic isnt completely original as ive seen basic tenets of get drunk get pregnant etc lets see the fallout. However the way any author goes about their story says alot about how theyd see it to the end and thats what people want to read in a fanfic or else theyd never bother glancing at em.
I also say finish your work there are fanfics MUCH worse than this finished(yours scale of 1 to 10 probably 6.7) and many fanfics never completed that had great potential but the author had problems or lost interest which is a shame really. i also suggest at least two fics if you havent read them one being waters under earth by alan harnum(epiclly long somewhat hard to follow but a great read) and ranma goes to war /chasing the wind by j austin wilde(maybe saotome gambit if you can find it)
there are many grat fics out there being lost to time simply because 1 ranma is an older anime and2 sites that housed them are closing ... i said id be brief sorry good day and good writing
linkgold64 chapter 22 . 7/4/2013
PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ dont abandon it! some of us have been waiting for a very long time for you to finish it! don let some SOB get you down your story is great if they dont like it they dont have to read it!
Guest chapter 22 . 7/4/2013
Look, I'll be completely honest with you, but please, read my entire review before making any conclusions.
First of all, all your characters are OOC. All of them with no exception. Your story is in no way canon type, and honestly it feels like you could've made this same story with any other couple for another series, most probably another couple that would've fit the plot line better. A lot is cliche, and a lot is lacking in several places.. And there are so many things I'm sure you could've done better than that. You've made Akane Mary-Sueish, and I'm sure that Kohana girl is just your way of integrating yourself in the story.
But, think about it. This is your hard work! You can't just throw it away! Look at the number of reviews you've got! You cannot let them down! Personally, I'm not the type that likes these plots, nor OOCs, nor noncanon plotlines, but you sure had me reading until ch 15 I think (I stopped at the point Nabiki said she was jealous of Akane, that I'm afraid was what I couldn't take anymore). But just because people like me don't enjoy this story, it doesn't mean others won't. Just see it as a chance to grow, and once you continue other stories, you'll be able to look back and say wow! I've improved so much! Check that out!

Please continue, not for my sake, but for that of all of your readers. Good luck!
katfemale chapter 22 . 7/4/2013
Go ahead and finish it...its turning alitle dark but honestly what do ppl expect...rambows and clovers... its good continue.
wwubd chapter 22 . 7/4/2013
Are you fishing for reviews? Get on with it, I'm dying to know how it ends. This a very good fanfic and you should definitely see it through to the end.
Sheesh, first time ever I write a "review", I'm not happy about this.
Bunchan529 chapter 22 . 7/3/2013
I've really enjoyed this story so far and hope you continue to write.
Wingman0 chapter 22 . 7/3/2013
I found the story rather good and would love to read the rest.
Kamiyama Miki chapter 22 . 7/3/2013
There is always moron that think to high of themselves and criticize. A fanfiction is created by fans for fans, constructive critics are good things, but if all they do is destroy the story, lets just say that it's better to just ignore it entirely. He didn't pay to read it, so he isn't entitled to complain about the story. If he doesn't like it, he may stop reading it.

Sure your story may need some work, but I had the misfortune to read crap that passed for story. I told them plains and simple all that was wrong, gave tips to correct them. Then a told them what make me interested in the first place and what made me lose that interest.

If you ever receive a flaming critic again, go read some of the Fanboy/girl crap in the naruto section. God know there is enough of them, and you'll fell better. It's hard to do worst than that, it give you some more faith in your own talent.
Sitting on the Event Horizon chapter 22 . 7/3/2013
Just finish it and if you do not like how it is, you could still revise it. It is really all up to you.
Guest chapter 22 . 7/2/2013
Please continue the story. I have enjoyed it from the beginning and have no issues with it. I like your premise for a life-changing moment in the lives of these characters. I find them believable and close to my ideas for character range, keeping the better parts of their personalities intact. Go for it!
Abby chapter 22 . 7/2/2013
Please finish it. this is one of the few fanfic that I like,
Compucles chapter 22 . 7/2/2013
I'm sorry if I gave you the impression that I hated the story. It's actually pretty good with some neat ideas. It just suffers from a few major plotholes and timeline errors (not to mention the unexplained disappearances of Konatsu and Akari despite the fact that this is clearly a manga continuation) that I hoped would be corrected or explained by pointing them out. Please feel free to finish it.
JCariveau chapter 22 . 7/2/2013
Ran across your story today, and was hooked quickly. I'm firmly in the RA fangroop, but only when Akane quits abusing Ranma. I love what you've done with this continuation, and would love to see where it goes from here... and as for the baby... my favorite is when baby inherits daddy's "gift"... leaves lots of options and minor drama to play with. I look forward to the remainder _
421 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »