Reviews for Albatross
Renkhal chapter 1 . 10/10/2009
This is so precious. It's almost sad... but it's also hopeful. Good work.
MelodicFlan chapter 2 . 9/2/2007
Funny thing was that I thought albatross was a fish due to this riddle I had read a long time ago.

This was how it went.

Upon entering a restaurant a man saw Albatross Soup as their main special. The man smiled and ordered the dish at once. When the soup had arrived, he drank it greedily. Suddenly tears fell from his face and the man ran out the door. The question is why and the next paragraph contains the answer.

One day a cruise ship was sailing in the oceans until it suddenly crashed. The people that had survived the incident were washed ashore. One of the men was unconscious for an entire week, yet he could faintly feel food being brought to him every now and then. After the week was over, the sight of another man greeted him. Groggily, he asked for the location of his wife, claiming that they were together before they were washed ashore.

The man sadly replied that he was the only one on this island besides him and fed him more soup. When the formerly unconscious man asked what it was, his savior claimed it to be albatross soup. Soon the two were saved, yet the man had never found his beloved wife.

Now forwarding to reality when he had actually tasted the soup, he realized this taste and the taste of the man's 'albatross soup' were worlds apart. Then, in realization he realized that the soup must've been his wife and not an actual albatross.

Sad and sick story but yea. Hope you enjoyed that. I might actually convert this riddle to a ShizNat.
MelodicFlan chapter 1 . 9/2/2007
In figurative speech albatross means something that binds or hinders ...in other words Natsuki is similar to a handicap on her life. This poem is certainly sad but I'm sure her feelings are sure to be requited someday.
Prim8 chapter 2 . 7/8/2007
To be honest I never actually bothered to read poems on FanFiction but I saw that you provide some information so I thought I'd give it a read.

It's quite a lovely poem despite the subject of it. Just like you, I, too, can relate with Shizure as well.

Thanks for sharing the poem -
damn unique chapter 2 . 7/7/2007
that makes the poem even more beautiful
damn unique chapter 1 . 7/7/2007
It's sad but beautiful written
shiznats chapter 1 . 7/6/2007
well, kara-chan...u're right actually...i've never thought about the resemblance: lonesome, powerful, almost perfect (quite flawless)...etc. This was a beautiful poem...Arigatto gozaimasu for sharing!
sherlytwirly chapter 1 . 7/6/2007
the poem is quite good!

but i wonder what does albatross mean...