Reviews for Master and Servant
James Birdsong chapter 1 . 7/22/2009
Awesome
Faerylyte chapter 1 . 6/23/2009
Beautifully done.

I loved your portrayal of Death. He understood more than any mortal ever could, but longed for the love of those very creatures. Dracula wore the form of a mortal, but plotted his victory and revenge with all the sneering malice of demon prince.
Mirai Reiko chapter 1 . 12/11/2008
I really loved the way you portrayed Dracula and Death's relationship. And it bothers me that you don't see this kind of stuff in the games, but I guess that's what fanfiction is for. Great fic.
Alex Warlorn chapter 1 . 8/12/2007
That last line of death's actually made this entire thing worth while. Basically, death here wants the breed of respect only a god has, to be feared AND loved.

The second game was considered poorly done by nearly all accounts, yet you actually made it make SENSE here, with Vlad designing to have the last laugh even in his latest death.

Flesh and blood and bone tied together with fears and doubts.

Blood and bone tied together with fears and doubts.

It actually flows better like that.

I've often wondered though, since Vlad and Death has such a fellowship for 20 years. That the two of them would have nothing to say to each other after Drac became Soma.
MelodyReiterLee chapter 1 . 8/4/2007
Wow, nicely done. Hehe. The bold and underlining kinda work for Death's speech. Haha.
The Crimson Herring chapter 1 . 7/31/2007
Incredible! I thoroughly enjoyed this story.

I think the Bold/Italics worked to your advantage in this story. Although Death is considered subservient, the way his lines stand out makes him seem more the master than Dracula. I like that.
Sylla chapter 1 . 7/26/2007
Now, that's an interesting take on the relationship (such as it is) between Dracula and Death. Interesting because, although Dracula is indeed immortal, he still dies again, and again, and again at the hands of the Belmonts. So I wonder who's really the master, Dracula or Death.

Nice work with the dialogue, as well- it felt pretty authentic most of the time (in fact, sometimes it felt more authentic than some of the dialogue you get in the games!).

The descriptions, though fairly succint, are still well written, and they do a good job of setting the mood for the piece. (Goodness me that sounded pretentions, didn't it?)

My only complaint is that the underlining of Death's dialogue made it a little hard to read- it might be better just to stick with bold. You're right, though, FFnet sould incorporate a scary gothic font. XD

And this story deserves more reviews.
Mahen chapter 1 . 7/18/2007
Pretty good... it's interesting to know what happens between Death and Dracula... m... good luck on your next one
Bobohatta chapter 1 . 7/12/2007
hey man! This is absolutely cool, especially the contrast between dracula's fury and deaths coldness. Keep it up!