Reviews for You're Mine
GalitMirav chapter 2 . 7/16
This was wonderful. All of it. Heartbreakingly beautiful. Phil - literally and figuratively - embracing Will, Jeffrey telling Lou off. Wonderful.
pinksakura271 chapter 2 . 2/15/2017
I read both chapters Phil with Will it made me tear up. Jeffery's glare over to Lou so beautiful. Vivian knew Lou was no good. She should have been there along with Jeffrey. ;-) Ashley don't worry Phil loves Will as his son blood or not.
jay chapter 2 . 1/13/2017
aaah, this is so lovely! Poor will. I love Jeffery being so protective, my heart!
Mach the Slewfoot chapter 2 . 6/7/2016
If I were Jeffrey, I would say this to Jeffrey:

"Lou may be Will's biological father, but he sure as hell is not his dad. Master Phillip is Will's daddy."
Mach the Slewfoot chapter 1 . 6/7/2016
You portrayed Uncle Phil beautifully. If anything, Uncle Phil is Papa Phil. Phil and Will are more father and son than uncle and nephew.
Smile-I'mTheEndOfAllThatYouSee chapter 2 . 5/11/2013
I love how you continued it
marie chapter 2 . 10/28/2012
cool story. well done. i liked it a lot!
Long Live BRUCAS chapter 2 . 5/14/2012
Used to watch this show when it first aired then reruns. This is my first time R&R for it.

"Will you tell my – Will, that I love him?" He couldn't even call him his son.

"No, I will not. You, sir, can go to bloody hell." Jeffery's voice held nothing but contempt for the man. Go Jeffery. Let him know waht he did or was doing is wrong.

And you are right Will has Uncle Phil now.
pepperland chapter 2 . 1/6/2012
This chapter is really good. It' s nice to see that Geoffrey really cares about what happens to the family in spite of the sarcasm he directs towards them. I really thought he did a good job here of telling Lou where to go. I' d really love to read a full - length version of this entire story, maybe even encompassing some moments that we didn' t see in the episode.
dabzzygirl chapter 2 . 12/30/2011
I didn't realize there was another chapter. I like reading about other character's POV too. I like the fact that you had Geoffrey referring to his boss's family like they were his own. It's been awhile since the update. Will you be adding more chapters?
dabzzygirl chapter 1 . 12/30/2011
I really liked this extra scene. As much as Will drives Uncle Phil crazy sometimes, he hates seeing him hurting like this

I saw the clip of when Lou left on another site. Then I saw the whole episode. So heartbreaking! It made my eyes water. It shows how good Will Smith is at drama. There have been a total of 3 episodes (that I know of) where he cries.
wandamarie chapter 2 . 4/27/2010
it was a good one thanks
wandamarie chapter 1 . 4/27/2010
wow it was a great one i loved that saying uncle Phil told will
TheMightyKoosh chapter 2 . 3/13/2010
aww that was amazing, and really sweet. I especially like the ending lines of both chapters.
pepperland chapter 1 . 1/4/2010
I really love this one. It shows that they are very much in keeping with their characters.

I have often thought that they should have followed up that episode with something like this, so we could have seen how Will got through that particular emotional crisis, because in the episode that followed he was his normal happy-go-lucky self.

Anyway, I feel that here we get a better understanding of these characters. We understand why Will is the way he is. He's clearly always felt different and alienated from everyone else but afraid to express it for fear of not being taken seriously. Perhaps if he had been taken into the Banks family when his father first left he might have had a more secure childhood.

I have always loved the character of Uncle Phil. Maybe he can be tough with Will, but there have been indications that it's because he cares about and loves him the way any father should. He's the father figure Will has clearly been longing for all his life, and has always been there to lift him up whenever Will has been heartbroken. In no other epidode do you have better evidence of Uncle Phil's love for Will than this one, even if he doesn't say it directly - but then, he clearly doesn't need to, as it's expressed perfectly here, both in the episode, and in this story.