Reviews for Prelude to an Afterword
Kirrae chapter 1 . 7/28/2011
I would just like to point out that this sentence is just all too perfect 'To all appearances, two failed coups and one exhausting courtship with a certain headstrong Countess had finally caught up with him.'

I sometimes suspect that the reason for the rather abrupt ending has to do with the fact that Danric likely collapsed from exhaustion shortly after, if only for my own amusement. Because honestly, how is the man still awake, let alone functional? But, I digress.

Very amusing and insightful. Wonderful writing that was an enjoyable read.

- Kirrae
quill.is.mightier chapter 1 . 11/9/2010
Bah! Skipped the wedding night- not fair!
Anon anon chapter 1 . 9/15/2010
Again, a brilliant piece! I am EXTREMELY impressed. not that i matter, but i thought it might matter to you. :)
Silent Serendipity chapter 1 . 6/18/2010
You're a wonderful writer. I've never read anything in this fandom before, but I've read Crown/Court Duel and this fits in perfectly
sondragonfly chapter 1 . 11/26/2009
Great story! I love this idea, and your execution was perfect. Not out of character at all, IMO. You are an amazing writer.
math music reading chapter 1 . 7/23/2009
That was beautiful. Your idea was wonderful and original. I really loved this fic. I hope you write more!
erica2004 chapter 1 . 12/21/2008
Brilliant! I thought I was reading an excerpt of Sherwood Smith's own you write so well.
A. Lee chapter 1 . 12/19/2008
You are amazing. This is amazing. The other Sherwood fanfic is amazing as well. That is all.
yourheartsdesire chapter 1 . 8/20/2008
That's so cool! Great way to end it, in a circle. I loved the story! It was so romantic and very well-written!
Nerds United chapter 1 . 8/9/2008
Oh! Exquisite! Dare I hope that the title is an allusion to Debussy's scrumptious "Prélude à l'après-midi d'un faune"?

Perhaps that is too much to hope.

No matter. This is a wonderful piece. It is elegant, characteristic, and enormously gratifying!

Vidanric's dry humor is perfect! Everyone is in character! This brought several smiles to my face. The dialogue is perfect. Wonderful writing!

This is a beautiful and well-written piece. I did not see any errors! Your grammar is impeccable. I'm quite jealous!

Amazing work!

in awe,

-music nerd
siromygod chapter 1 . 8/3/2008
That was lovely. D
zedille chapter 1 . 3/27/2008
OMG, I LOVED that... everyone was in character and there weren't any spelling/grammar mistakes... *jumps up and down happily*

Me liked! Write more of this type! *pokes with umbrella*
oirishgoddess chapter 1 . 1/6/2008
oh MYGOD! this is the best, and i mean THE BEST, sherwood smith fic ive ever read! ITS AMAZING! i loved it so much :) i am sitting here and grinning like a maniac; fluff just makes me go gooey...mel and vidanric are so perfect for each other, dont you think? well done, this was brilliant. youre a brilliant writer and it was completely IN character. :)
gina-gina chapter 1 . 10/18/2007
that was wonderful! so well-written, too!

i REALLY want my CD book back. i lent it to a friend before summer, and he hasnt even read as far as Mel's kidnapping! lol. but i need me some 'Danric. m.

way to be awesome. you win at life.
Wackysocks chapter 1 . 9/9/2007
Personally, I don't think that Mel would be quite so forthcoming when in desire of kisses . . . I always imagined her as wanting to be in complete control of herself all the time [and always failing, haha :P].

Very well done, though. ] It was quite cute.