Reviews for In Truth
alibi2014 chapter 4 . 7/23/2007
It's so frustrating how underrated Cyborg is, and you've definitely done him justice. I especially liked #7: "But sometimes he wonders…/is this what STAR labs feels about me/". That one really made me stop and think. And I love how you mix the comic and cartoon cannon. It adds another dimension to him, and a lot of people tend to miss that.
dr.evil99 chapter 1 . 7/23/2007
I have gotten away from browsing fic, (maybe because a year long case of writer's block made me a grouch) but, with the block recently broken, I decided to take my friend Kayasuri-n's advice and check this out. And... I'm very glad I did.

I did enjoy the show, at least most of the time, but I have to confess, as a comic fan I do hate the way they played BB as silly comic relief ninety percent of the time. The fact is, the character has a very tragic and harrowing backstory, and the humor that he was known for in the comic was a defense for a very damaged, insecure person, and I think you do a good job of touching on that. Several times here (esp. in 20) you seem to give us the sense that BB regards the team as his surrogate family, which I think is both accurate to the character, and very heartwarming.

I also like how you've weaved bits of comic-y character stuff here (Tawaba, referencing his fascination with being an actor.) It's seamlessly done, so that it doesn't take us too far from what we see in the show, but it makes him just a bit deeper. Kudos for that, certainly. Also, I really liked what you did in number 10... Showing that BB is smart, but also that he's hyper-sensitive to what his friends think of him. If he thinks that all they'd want of him is for him to be the team clown, he'd do it. Kinda sad, though...

And to top it all off... you've got just the slightest hints of BB/Rae here. This being my favorite pairing, that can't help but make me smile. Fics like this remind me why I love the idea of these two hooking up so much.

All in all, Well-written, thought provoking, and inspiring... great work all-around. Time restraints may keep me from finishing all of the chaps today, but I'll definitely read and review them as soon as I'm able. Great work.
Raven's Secret chapter 2 . 7/23/2007
haha! i can just see Starfire coming home with those. this chapter was great as well. :D
Ultra-Geek chapter 4 . 7/23/2007
I loved all of these!

Really, I can't wait for Star's.

Good job!

.:Ultra-Geek:.
Raven's Secret chapter 1 . 7/23/2007
um...about the Listerine thing...too late. i've done it. twice actually. the first time my brother did it while i was sleeping. the second, i got 10 bucks from it. lol. i really like this idea and how you did it. it was quite creative, as well. i loved the whole "she-loves-me-not" with the flowers thing. poor BB. *heroic music* on to the next chapter!
General Havoc chapter 4 . 7/23/2007
You continue to amaze with this stuff. 3 and 9 made me laugh out loud, and 6 and 11 actually made me tear up, damn you! I can't wait to see the final round with Starfire...

... I don't suppose you've considered taking the same treatment to some of the non-Titans, have you? Terra perhaps, or Jericho?
General Havoc chapter 3 . 7/23/2007
Absolutely beautiful. I can't say enough about this sequence. I adored 18, 12, 11, and 7 most of all. 8 surprised me, honnestly, but it makes sense when you think about it. Bravo!
Ultra-Geek chapter 2 . 7/12/2007
Those were great. I can't wait to see the next lists!

My favorite for Beast Boy was the last one, and for Robin it's tied between the Steven Seagal Reject one and the one with Starfire and the magazines.

Great job!

.:Ultra-Geek:.
RaiderTKD chapter 2 . 7/8/2007
LOL, that was so cool.
acosta perez jose ramiro chapter 2 . 7/8/2007
Great job! Both chapters are greatly done.

Keep the good writing.
xiayou chapter 2 . 7/7/2007
These drabbles are awesome! :D I would love to see Beast Boy swing dance! I've also wanted to read the comics.
General Havoc chapter 2 . 7/7/2007
Wow...

Every single one of these was a stellar observation, particularly 13, 18, 2, 3, and 8 (IMO). 11 caught me completely by surprise. I'd forgotten that. 5 made me laugh out loud. 19 and 20 are insanely true. I don't know how you do this, but I demand the next three chapters.
General Havoc chapter 1 . 7/7/2007
Damnation, this is all so true! I love it! I will leave a more coherant review once I read chapter 2.
Kevorkian chapter 1 . 7/7/2007
What I said in my review for chapter 2 all applies to this chapter as well; simply replace 'Robin' with 'Beastboy'. ;)

Of all the characters on the show, Beastboy and Raven interest me the most. Even more so in the comics; modern Changeling's attitude and such are mind candy, surpassing those of every other character. And, of course, his cousin Matt.

Individual Comments:

1) A very good point. All of the others have at least partial choice in their colors (even Cyborg could repaint himself), but Beastboy is stuck with what he's got. And he takes his same old attitude: to be glad for what he has, rather than lamenting what he doesn't.

4) That depends on the approach you take to his tranforming abilities; is he limited to normal earth creatures (including extinct ones, like dinosaurs), or does he also have the ability to transform into magical, extraterrestrial, fictional, or legendary creatures? (a dragon, anything from Tamaran, Wicked Scary, and Bigfoot, if you'd like an example for each). Also, does he have the ability to transform only part of himself at a time? (Personally, I think he does, but because of the complications such changes would create (improper skeletal/muscular support, for one), it would be painful.

6) Indeed, that's possibly the scariest thing anyone could imagine, doubly so for someone like Beastboy, who stands out like a sore thumb and has virtually no chance of assimilating into a new life, with new friends. It's a fate comparable to death, for him.

10) Indeed. He never seems to be done justice in regards to his intelligence. Of course, some of that is to be expected from his childish exterior, but that kind of thing cuts deeply.

11) No surprises there. Jones sucks, and herbal tea has nothing on green tea. (no pun intended) ;)

16) I'm tempted to ask my friends to try that. xD

18) 'Annoyed'. 7 letters. 'Jealous'. 7 letters. Hm...

19) A good point. He could easily identify with being forgotten and not being missed, especially as a result of his dreams (No. 6). An interesting spin on the whole idea of why he gives her flowers.

A lot more in-depth than my review of the second chapter, but I just don't find Robin as interesting as Beastboy.

-K
Kevorkian chapter 2 . 7/7/2007
This provides brilliant insight into the mind of Robin's character; his utter devotion to the team, his personality, etc, mixing solemnity with humor with an expert flair.

I look forward to more bloody brilliant work for the other three team members. ;)

-K