Reviews for Like a Swan
Desertfyre chapter 1 . 3/3/2012
Aww, very cute and funny! Dunno why Aragorn was so adamant that they would bite. lol
Wolf of the Dawn chapter 1 . 12/8/2010
*Giggle* I can imagine Aragorn doing that!

Great story!
CarsonandMrs.Hughes4ever chapter 1 . 3/1/2010
A great story. Very well written.
Lady Saruman chapter 1 . 2/5/2008
Hey! Remember me? Probably not, since I haven't been on here forever and the last time you reviewed was a random story of last year. Anyways, this story is so cute. Imagine Aragorn all mighty and fierce when it comes to Orcs, Witch-Kings, Uruk-hais, Wargs, etc, but when it comes to swans, he freaks out. Haha that is too funny.

And yes, now that I bothered to make the connection, elves are truly like swans. So beautiful...ah *dreamy sigh*

Congratulations to Gord for this piece. She obviously is very creative and my thanks for this wonderful story. Keep going with this excellency!

-Lady Saruman
thriceandonce chapter 1 . 8/20/2007
that's really cute! Aragorn made such a fool of himself! Well written also.
Tirnel chapter 1 . 7/10/2007
I loved it. I guess my favorite part is when the cygnet chases Aragorn.
JastaElf chapter 1 . 7/9/2007
It is a cute little tale, showing the Elves and their relations to nature-but I've got a couple of picky little observations. *g* Sorry, but I do like the way you write and want to be of service.

1) There's a typo in your title... I think you meant "Like a Swan", not a Swam? :-) Swam is the simple past tense of "to swim", which Swans do... but...

2) For Aragorn to announce that the protective father swan is "mental" is a modernism that rather messes with the mood you've aimed for. May I suggest something more in keeping with Tolkien, like "this swan is insane!" or simply "He's dangerous!"

3) "it's" is a contraction, NOT a possessive. The apostrophe stands in, as they tend to in contractions, for a removed letter: as in, "it is". It's my ball! It's my nest! It's my parent! If you read your story aloud, you might see that what you actually seem to intend there is its, the simple possessive, NO apostrophe: "preening its snow white feathers", "no eggs for its dinner."

If you were to fix the title and clean up those possessives by removing the apostrophes, and took out the mental bit... and put commas in a couple of places where you need them... this would be an even better little story. I do thank you for posting it, and did enjoy reading it-and I hope you take my comments as they are meant, in a spirit of helpfulness and sharing. Write on!
ForeverUnwritten chapter 1 . 7/8/2007
Very nice metaphor, and I found it funny that Aragorn was scared of the swans.

Good job)