Reviews for Of Ice Cream and Issues
Outasync chapter 1 . 9/13/2014
I always enjoy Mickey's flashes of insight. There's more going on behind that goofy grin that you'd think.

They are both so sweet in this story. Thanks for posting this.
Convenient Alias chapter 1 . 3/29/2014
I think ice cream is partly a comfort food because it is creamy. For the record.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/7/2013
hi, I liked your story
Sarachan chapter 1 . 7/27/2013
So much love for this fic, the brotherly interactions and characterizations were spot on. I look forward to reading more of your work. :)
MikeyBeeLover chapter 1 . 7/4/2013
love it
GirlforGod99 chapter 1 . 5/31/2013
I loved how this turned out.
Guest chapter 1 . 4/20/2013
The unlimited power of brotherly-ness and ice cream. It can heal any wound :).
Just Call Me J chapter 1 . 12/27/2012
Good job, Mikey. You did good. I'm proud of you.
I'm crying a little. Moogs, you are a writing wonder. I don't know how you did it, but the turtles are 110% in character. And Mikey wanting to go THERE... That's one heck of a curveball you threw at us. But believable. I think my favorite line was the one that went:
/Mikey had failed to divulge ithat/i little detail earlier/
I can see how Mikey would want to avoid that bit of info. Who wouldn't?
I also like the creative title.
I really wish I could find more to say, but I can't concentrate right now. I'm too teary-eyed.
nim draug chapter 1 . 5/28/2011
this was really good, they should have had something like this in the episodes - they just forget that he has a traumatic experience and carry on! I think your version of what happens next is better :)
BlueEyes444 chapter 1 . 12/27/2010
Awwwwww...that was so sweet. :D I love bromance, as I'm sur eyou can tll, and this I could see happening perfectly. :D
lynzyb chapter 1 . 12/27/2008
Brilliant piece of work Moogs, good stuff! :o)
MadMikey chapter 1 . 10/25/2008
Ah, I'm back in action! Anyways, i really can't think of any constructive criticism to give, your stories really good so I can't think of anything in that area to say. You got the personalities practically downpat, the location/setting, the characters, the food. You name it, you've got it good, keep up the good work and you'll end up being chased by a virtual croud, maybe someday a real one ;P keep up the awesome writing, and i found a fact to help you with XD.

Before writing, you have to know your character like he/she's youself. If you create an OC, you need to have every detail downpat and not trail off into lala land with him/her when in a death situation. I know you may already know this, or at least get the point, but remember, keeping the characters in line and not tossing their personalities around like a football, helps. for example, Donatello is sweet caring and smart, he sees an injured woman in an alleyway who is eager to accept any help as long as it's good. He goes down to her and hoists her onto his shoulders, would he say "Hey lady, lets get ya to tha hospital before ya blood stains me shell"? No, he would be like, "Hold on, the hospital is not very far. Don't worry, I'll keep you safe until we arrive, but I cannot follow you in there. You are suffering from a high amount of blood-loss, so we must hurry"

He keeps most words in full interlect, instead of "Ok, where'd ya hide me stuff" he would say, "Ok, Where did you put my things, (Name)"

I hope this helps, but im not sure you need it since your real good n all
caylender chapter 1 . 11/20/2007
Hmm, tat was an interesting way to look at it. I never thought of Mikey's reaction to the comic book world to be like that, but the more I think about it, the more it makes sense.

Great writing, it was very descriptive. Mikey and Don were in character and the voice rocked. Over all, wonderful job! As for food, here's some sour patch kids!

May God bless your Thanksgiving, Thursday!
Tara chapter 1 . 10/27/2007
I think this one is spot on. It seems like the official writers can only handle angst and emotional fallout when Leo's involved. I thought the same as you - that Mikey would also have trouble with what he'd seen. And of course, Don. Really enjoyed this - thanks so much.
Princess Tyler Briefs chapter 1 . 9/15/2007
I have to agree, somewhat, with your interpritation of Mikey. It would be so hard to go to a place where you weren't wanted. I hadn't really thought of it like that.

I do enjoy the way you wrote this. The conversation between them seems so natural. So...relaxed isn't the word I'm looking for but...it flows. It fits. I like it!