Reviews for Faultlines
Hey, i think i'm about 9 years too late on the reviewing part and i've only today read your story. Started around 10 AM, and now it's five in the afternoon. I want to say many things, maybe start off by thanking you for writing this. Here'a the thing; reading your story made me feel a thousand things at the same time. Your portrayals of Ron and Hermione and their relationship reminded me immensely of my own failed relationship. The dialogues ecspecially on chapter 11 felt like a punch to the gut. It was as if my own ex boyfriend was saying "It's not working out, is it." I was mostly upset with everything Hermione did and said and felt throughout the story because it felt as if i was reading my own broken relationship and my own horrible actions. Hermione hurting Ron, saying horrible things but althewhile feeling horribly guilty and loving him to bits. Damaging the relationship and then wanting it to continue. Hurting Ron but fearing losing him. Two people who love each other but there's just too much history and resentment and sometimes love is just not enough. I met him when i was 12, in 6th grade. We've broken up in January and last Saturday he came to visit me and after a long conversation in the library kissed me. When I joking said how our relationship just couldn't end, he acted so much like Ron in the last two chapters and said that what we had couldn't be a relationship because we kept messing up. Reading the story felt like listening to our fights and our kisses and just everything all over again. Reading Ron was like having a conversation with him again. This story hurt, but also made me realize a hopeful thing: for long I was furious with myself and all that I'd done. Felt like a monster. This story showed me that, while everything i'd done to him is awfully wrong, i'm not the only person on earth with vehement uncontrollable feelings. I still ache for all i've lost, but sometimes love really isn't enough. I'm glad Ron and Hermione seemed to at least make and effort to work it out, and in my mind they will have. We couldn't. But that's okay because life isn't fiction and happy endings don't have to happen, especially at the age of mere 20, right? The story felt refreshing. Maybe there was too much in my head that i'd been stowing away. This story made me deal with everything and maybe this story will be the reason that I'll be able to move on or maybe patch things up with him in a few years. I refuse to believe our friendship of 8, relationship of 3 years has ended for good. Maybe somewhere in the distant future I will knock on his door for a late apology. What's richly ironic is that our relationship began when we were cast as Ron and Hermione for our school play. (Did an awful remake of AVPM with dozens of cut scenes and major censoring haha). Ronandhermione. Alpandece. This story made me realize that damn it i'm not ready for our story to end. Maybe just a slow pace and some years. Thank you, for everything. Hope you're well now 9 years after the writing of this. I don't know if you still check your reviews. Well, best wishes to you. Again, thank you.
*sobs* the perfect ending
I am reading this and keep curling into myself like a cooked prawn trying not to cry
chainline chapter 11 . 2/9
I feel for Ron. Hermione is the typical crazy girlfriend! But yet, I'm still reading. Hoping. For Ron's sake of course.
chainline chapter 8 . 2/9
This story has so much angst! Looking for the silver lining...
chainline chapter 2 . 2/8
Oh my goodness! The feels are all over me! I feel so sad for both of them!
This fanfic was the first Ron x Hermione story I've ever read and I will absolutely never forget about it. It's definitely a long read but totally TOTALLY worth it. I admire you for spending so much time and putting in so much effort into this story. Thank you for writing this and sharing it with all of us
sirwolfeye chapter 14 . 11/22/2016
รด
Amazon chapter 15 . 8/28/2016
I'm just starting in the world of fanfic *bless* and this was one of my first reads. The characters and storyline felt very believable. My SO and I are basically Ronandhermione, so this definitely helped in getting some insight to our relationship issues. Will definitely read other works by this author.
AlexFromTheNorth chapter 15 . 8/25/2016
It's after four am and I'm an utterly miserable mess. Thank you for writing this. I'm sorry I read it when I'm in a mood much too receptive for the heartbreak tendencies. But - it's beautiful in its own way. I'll go to sleep now and will try to knock on "my burrows door" tomorrow. Maybe it'll just open up, too.

Xo - Alex

PS: I know you wrote this quite a while ago. But I hope you still read it. You deserve the praise!
AlexFromTheNorth chapter 10 . 8/25/2016
1:48 am, a call to my best friend (with whom I'm having unresolved friend zone or not, what do we want issues) and a good cry later, I come to the conclusion that not only are you still a great writer, but also utterly catching and cruel. Now excuse me, my ice team and I have to keep reading, or we will have to resort to crying again.

PS: that was meant positively. I probably shouldn't read this right now, but you're really great.
AlexFromTheNorth chapter 3 . 8/25/2016
Oh my god. You have me in tears. I am so hooked! I promise more reviews, but actually - I'm just glad this story is finished so that I can stay up late and read it all. You're great! - Alex
Evie chapter 14 . 8/15/2016
Wow, years later and I'm hooked on this!
Crankymama chapter 1 . 6/26/2016
I absolutely loved this story! I wish the chapters had been condensed. Sometimes the storyline was lost in the details. I want to know where they are two years after they reunite! Does Ron's family accept her? Any babies? Loved, loved, loved!
Guest chapter 1 . 6/18/2016