Reviews for Sleep
Sci F.I. Warper chapter 1 . 9/18/2010
*sniff* poor Dean. I like the way the old bedtime stories played into who he eventually becomes. That bit with how he'd be the glue to keep the family together...I think that alone summed up Dean perfectly. Great job!
KatieLB chapter 1 . 11/27/2007
I hadn't thought about Dead man's blood being the last time that dean slept well but i bet your right... great job
heather03nmg chapter 1 . 11/1/2007
Loved this little fic and the snippets of Dean's life showing the times when he felt safe. Kind of heart breaking to read about how vulnerable he is without his family around but also so sweet at the same time.

Loved this scene,

Then Sam had tucked Dean into the crappy motel bed and sat with him, watching over his brother, seeing the way Dean’s face became that of a frightened little boy as the nightmares took hold again.

Sam laid down on top of the blankets and curled an arm over his brother, the way Dean had always done when they were kids. “ It’s okay, Dean….I’m here, man. I’m here.”

Dean relaxed, slipping into a deep sleep that his body had craved for so very long, reassured that nothing could hurt him or Sam. They were knights, warriors, heroes again.

I love the role reversal, that was such a touching aww moment. Love hurt Dean/worried Sammy and a brotherly snuggle...just perfect!

Cookies for you!
gaelicspirit chapter 1 . 7/19/2007
I'm sorry that it's taken me so long to get to your stories. Tara suggested I check them out long ago, and I have favorited your link for quite awhile. I plan on systematically working my way through as Tara is right - this story, the first that I've read - was wonderfully poignant. I loved the path you etched out of Dean's insomniac tendencies - and the image of being okay to sleep during Dead Man's Blood. I loved that shot of the boys on their respective beds while John watched over them. Sam's "It's okay, man... I'm here" at the end very nearly broke my heart.

What Dean wants is so simple, isn't it? And in a wonderfully subtle way, you depicted that here.

Thanks so much for writing.
AnotherChapterOfMe chapter 1 . 7/18/2007
Too cute for words! Congratulations!
Child of a Pineapple chapter 1 . 7/17/2007
I liked it. Great job!
Marvin is my Muse chapter 1 . 7/10/2007
Oh wow. This story was amazing! It makes perfect sense that Dean would have sleeping problems aswell - in Wendigo he mentions being "up at three and you were watching a George Forman infomercial." Great story! So well written! The structure was really well done aswell!

Cheers to you!

LovinJackson chapter 1 . 7/10/2007
I know i already told u that i loved this but i'll say it again ... I love this. I love your insight into Dean's sleeping patterns and why certain things are the way they are. I especially loved the end with Sam being there for his brother and Dean relaxing because of it.

Luv Tara x0x
NC Girl chapter 1 . 7/9/2007
This is incredibly sweet and touching without being over-the-top and sappy. I loved every bit!
magicsunbeam chapter 1 . 7/9/2007
Very nice job. I loved it
Little-Lola2616 chapter 1 . 7/9/2007
Wow. This totally had me drawn in, you could have heard a pin drop. Angsty, but not in a totally over the top way. It was sad, it was poetic and I loved it, Great job! x
CyberSupernatural chapter 1 . 7/9/2007
*crying too hard to say anything* aw that was so sweet!
Poaetpainter chapter 1 . 7/9/2007
A very sad but slightly sweet story. You never think of Dean with night issues sometime...
Thru Terry's Eyes chapter 1 . 7/9/2007